SRRV or 13A visa?

Colsie
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Philippines bank? If it goes bust you'd lose more than half that.

No, not a Philippines bank

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Colsie said:

No, not a Philippines bank

Hmmm:89: according to recent posts I have read in FB ( and with further investigation from other sources) It would appear that many UK Banks are closing Non resident bank accounts, would this not worry you?

Colsie
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Hmmm:89: according to recent posts I have read in FB ( and with further investigation from other sources) It would appear that many UK Banks are closing Non resident bank accounts, would this not worry you?

I've not had a bank account in the UK since 2001, so no it wouldn't bother me in the slightest 😁

• I'm Confused 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

It would certainly worry my, or at least give me some short-term hassle.  I maintain one account in the UK in order to pay the 1 or 2 things I need to in the UK and receive some small payments.  That said, one of my offshore accounts also operates as a "normal" UK account so I would simply revert to using that one as an alternative.  

This was a hot topic in the UK just after Brexit and caused by the admin hassles of servicing non-UK residents living in the EU post-brexit.  

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That said, one of my offshore accounts also operates as a "normal" UK account

When I lived in Gibraltar I had such an account BUT when I started to receive my Gib pension and they found that I was now a Philippine Permanent resident Whoops, Got a 3 month notice that they would close the account stating that under UK money Rules I had to be resident in either Gibraltar or the UK. Seems we will never win where it comes to money  & banking  :56da632e94212_1(60):

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

When I lived in Gibraltar I had such an account BUT when I started to receive my Gib pension and they found that I was now a Philippine Permanent resident Whoops, Got a 3 month notice that they would close the account stating that under UK money Rules I had to be resident in either Gibraltar or the UK. Seems we will never win where it comes to money  & banking  :56da632e94212_1(60):

For my 2 offshore accounts they are both aimed at non-resident UK citizens and, as always, I play exactly by the rules so my address here is used as is my BI TIN recorded with both.  

• Like 1