Moss and Mold

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Most pressure washers will include a mixer bottle that adds detergents, etc. as you spray.  I have also seen similar bottles that you can attach to the end of a garden hose.  Alternative would be to use a garden sprayer, mix maybe a 1/4 cup of bleach to a gallon of water?  Spray the wall and wait 15 to 20 minutes then power wash?

I think I will have to experiment to see what works best. But I need to do it soon since the green is starting to turn black in places and I know that is very unhealthy... Thanks for the ideas!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Karcher is a premium brand that's been around for years, they're sort of the Sidchrome and Gurney is the Snap-On with regards to quality.

They're on Shopee and Lazada. 

I just checked online... Maybe I miss-spelled something or made a wrong turn, but I could not find Gurney products at all on Lazada and neither Karcher or Gurney on Shopee... At least those are my results...

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I found Karcher's on Lazada. The K3 model runs for around P15,000. Does this seem reasonable? And this is electric powered, right? How long is the power cord?

I will also check Shopee since I have used both... I have had good experiences with both, but sometimes the couriers used by either get lazy or just don't wish to deliver outside the city proper...

I guess I will also need to buy another extension cord since L has ours (my old one for 110 volts so heavy) used for some lights in the yard for a long while... Our lot is 300 meters long at the longest edge...

The cord on mine was 5 metres long, but that was a long time ago.  You could always message the seller?  The price sounds about right I think.  I remember mine being expensive all those years ago.  

4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I just checked online... Maybe I miss-spelled something or made a wrong turn, but I could not find Gurney products at all on Lazada and neither Karcher or Gurney on Shopee... At least those are my results...

I actually misspelt it, it's Gerni; been a long time.. :89:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I think that sounds like the ticket, Brett. Thanks to you and Mike and the others for the input and advice! I will place an order soon on Lazada for that K3 model...

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I think that sounds like the ticket, Brett. Thanks to you and Mike and the others for the input and advice! I will place an order soon on Lazada for that K3 model...

Here's a link to a comparison between the K3 and K4: https://www.kaercher.com/ph/product-comparison.html?compare=10435636-10545176

Joey G
Posted
Posted

A couple tips on the electric Kaecher's...  when you're not using them, be sure to cover all the openings on the unit (and hoses) where water enters and exits. Use a small plastic cap or a piece of plastic and rubber band.  Why??? Because any debris or bugs that crawl up there will totally ruin the pump. Even a clogged filter will burn the pump up fast.  These units work well... but the pumps are sensitive debris and overheating.

Other thing... order a replacement set of connection gaskets now... if you don't use the unit regularly they dry up fast, crack, and then the unit leaks like all heck. The gasket set is cheap and if you keep the unit more than a few years you will use them for sure.

I've seen people throw away these units that "broke" simply because they didn't take a few preventive measure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

15000 is quite a lot for an electric power washer.  I paid 14999 for my gasoline Honda powered washer at HMR and it was brand newish.  Lucky deal though and you would be lucky if you found something at that price.

Gasoline will get you a lot more power and you don't have to drag a cord around.  Mine is about the minimum for gas powered, 2800 psi.  I would prefer 3500 psi.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Follow up to buying and using the Karcher 3....

It works wonders. Without using the "super" blaster attachment, it peels off paint so I have to be careful about the settings and usage. It is good to get around behind plants to clean the cement there too. I tried the super blaster attachment and it will surely remove rust. I touched it with my finger (I am not the brightest bulb in the circuit) and it came close to peeling off skin too. We have a long fence so doing inside and outside will be a big test, but it works great so far!

Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 4

longway
Posted
Posted

For mold and mildew I have used a product called Wet-N-forget. I Used it in Florida on similar issues. Just used a hand held sprayer, mix as directed, Spray in on, wait a week or two and all clean. Not sure how it works but it does. Easiest to use and results last 6 months or more. It is not cheap but for the ease of use and long lasting it was worth it to me. It's not for someone looking for immediate gratification bcuz it does take a couple of weeks to work. I don't know if it is available in the PHi. Once it drys it is not effected by rain.

• Like 2