Canadian Becomes A Filipino Citizen

Gas
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, azntravlr said:

The American has to give up his citizenship to get a Filipino one. 
im not into Kyle he’s a pinoybaiter to me and he technically works for the Department of Tourism so it’s in their favor. 

A couple of years ago Kyle invited himself into a small manufacturing business I run. He got quite a shock that the foreigner (me) spoke better Tagalog than him. Anyway a few weeks later his YouTube video came out and it showed all my staff working but I had been excluded 😂
Yes he is pinoybaiter but works for him and his channel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Am I the only one wondering what the heck he has wrapped around his head?

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Joey G said:

Does look a bit strange, maybe a sweat band?  Being Canadian it is hard to say, those folks are kind of strange. :hystery:

• Haha 2

azntravlr
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Gas said:

A couple of years ago Kyle invited himself into a small manufacturing business I run. He got quite a shock that the foreigner (me) spoke better Tagalog than him. Anyway a few weeks later his YouTube video came out and it showed all my staff working but I had been excluded 😂
Yes he is pinoybaiter but works for him and his channel. 

Thanks for sharing your story. Stories like these we don’t hear too often that people should hear. To me anytime a YouTuber gets to big you wonder what the real intent is. I believe there is definitely an “ulterior motive” on some of these influencers.

I was really never interested in watching him or the other ‘big’ vloggers. He’s partnered with the Philippines department of tourism so he can never say anything bad about it. 
im glad u can speak better Tagalog than him lol! I’m still learning my Tagalog, my college teaches Filipino so I will take advantage of that opportunity. I know more bisaya than tag. 
I wonder why the exclusion maybe he got jealous lol. His Tagalog and bisaya isn’t that great, now he better learn the native language if he wants to ‘becoming filipino’ 

The way I see it this is excellent ‘marketing’ from the Philippines govt now that he may get citizenship I read Marcos has sign off on the bill. Kyle is a special circumstance because everyone has to go through the immigrations system. 

azntravlr
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Joey G said:

Some head band thing and haven’t u noticed he never takes the thing off? He is always wearing the headband and he probably doesn’t even wash it? 

azntravlr
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

Does look a bit strange, maybe a sweat band?  Being Canadian it is hard to say, those folks are kind of strange. :hystery:

Lol it is strange and he always wears the thing I never seen him without it? I wonder if he ever washes the thing lol

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, azntravlr said:

Lol it is strange and he always wears the thing I never seen him without it? I wonder if he ever washes the thing lol

Well if you did watch his videos you will see him make many of those headbands and also gives them away. Also for the purpose of this topic Kyle is Canadian and not American.

The next thing is why are people so negative? for a new member you're looking at permanent moderation as l can see where you are leading topics too. 

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Well he's doing okay out his Youtube career.  I have 3 friends that are successful Youtubers and a social media analytics site gives their estimated income range from Youtube only both monthly and annually from ads only.  1 has 180k subscribers, one has 400k subscribers and the other 1.2 million.  When asked, they told me that their earnings from Youtube ads only fall somewhere in the middle of the estimates on analytics sites.  This does not include superchats, one off payments on non-live videos or things like sponsorships, endorsements or external revenue sites such as Patreon.  Kyle's estimated income by month and year for advertising (adsense - built in Youtube ads) falls between 600USD - 9.5K USD and 7.2K and 114k USD respectively.  It should be remembered that ads in developing countries don't pay as much as those in developed countries.  Kyle's figures reflect the location of most of his viewers. 

All three of my friends state that once they hit between 100k - 150k subscribers they could live off their Youtube adsense revenue comfortably in their home countries of Scotland, the US and Australia, where their channels are based with mainly audiences from developed countries, without any of the external revenue streams from endorsements, Patreon etc. 

Link to Kyle's analytics: https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/becomingfilipino

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 3/11/2023 at 11:13 AM, Major Tom said:

The House of Representatives has approved a bill granting Filipino citizenship to Canadian video blogger Kyle Douglas Jennermann

Do you suppose granting him citizenship has anything to do with taxes?  I mean a Canadian would pay taxes to Canada on his revenue and a Filipino would pay taxes to the BIR.  True or not?

• Hmm thinking 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

It should be remembered that ads in developing countries don't pay as much as those in developed countries.  Kyle's figures reflect the location of most of his viewers. 

This is the reason why the Philippines has so many successful foreign vloggers compared to countries like Thailand.  Many give up and relocate to the Philippines after realizing the English-speaking audience in Thailand is less than 100K.  A substantial number of viewers for Philippine related vlogs are OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) who are nostalgic for home.  The advertisers pay more for audiences from countries like the United States, Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

• Like 1