Pinoy Skills And Traits We Wish We Had

Gas
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2023 at 1:02 PM, mountainside said:

I can think of a few, but here's number one:  I wish I could pick up small objects on the floor with my toes.  And transfer them to the opposite hand while remaining erect and never wavering.  And then put that foot into my flip-flop on the first try, without ever looking down.  And then, if my wife isn't looking, eat the peanut that I'd just dropped on the floor.

I must have been a Filipino in a previous life, as the picking things up with my feet seems quite natural 🙂.

On 4/3/2023 at 4:33 PM, Mike J said:

The ability to do the Filipino squat for hours at a time no matter how old you happen to be.   When I try it I invariably fall on my @ss. 

Fitness Pollenator: Which Squat Depth is Best FOR YOU?

I learnt to squat when I first came to work in Asia in my early twenties. Got so good at it I could have a decent nap at lunchtime if the night before had been heavy! 

20 hours ago, BrettGC said:
19 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Some Filipinos can open a beer or soda bottle using their bare teeth.  

I used to open beer with my teeth. Might be the reason I’m missing two on the right side. 

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted

Opening a tin can with any object that is lying around. One of my wife’s sales lady’s can open a can with a teaspoon. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gas said:

Opening a tin can with any object that is lying around. One of my wife’s sales lady’s can open a can with a teaspoon. 

I remember going to a show in Patpong in Bangkok and saw a performer open a beer bottle but I didn't see any spoons! 

• Haha 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I remember going to a show in Patpong in Bangkok and saw a performer open a beer bottle but I didn't see any spoons! 

Or teeth.. Maybe...

• Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Twist off type? 🤣

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gas said:

I used to open beer with my teeth.

I vaguely remember one drunk night in my prime when I thought I could open a beer with my teeth.  Didn't work.  It was a long neck bottle and I had this great idea about knocking the neck off against a rock and pouring the beer into a glass.  Damn!  What a mess and waste of beer.  Soon after that the twist off tops came out.  Someone must have been watching me.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I vaguely remember one drunk night in my prime when I thought I could open a beer with my teeth.  Didn't work.  It was a long neck bottle and I had this great idea about knocking the neck off against a rock and pouring the beer into a glass.  Damn!  What a mess and waste of beer.  Soon after that the twist off tops came out.  Someone must have been watching me.

I recall a friend of mine who married a Filipina back in the 1980s, after using the 'Pen Pal' mags of the time. He went over and met with several prospects, and then married one, who he brought back to a small, remote Inuit village where he was teaching at the time. They lived in some of the worst housing in the village, so he could save money. ( He was a miser). No running water and a honey bucket.

Despite being a Cebu City woman, she tolerated him and his questionable life-style decisions. But when he drank, he was out of control. One time he decided to open his beer bottle with his teeth. He broke his tooth !  I think the expensive dental repairs bothered him more than the stupidity of his actions. Ha-ha.  He never did change his habits.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gator said:

Twist off type? 🤣

Does anyone know why there are no twist off beer or soda caps here in Philippines?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Does anyone know why there are no twist off beer or soda caps here in Philippines?

Dentists would go broke?

• Haha 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

New technology is for the West.  Their consumers want the newest inn6vations.  Old technology is sent to developing and underdeveloped countries like the Philippines.  That's how global companies get rid of old equipment.

• Like 2