Pinoy Skills And Traits We Wish We Had

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

One I came across today ( although many years ago I did save plastic carrier bags) i have never seen this before, Washing line practically full of Washed ones  :89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

One I came across today ( although many years ago I did save plastic carrier bags) i have never seen this before, Washing line practically full of Washed ones  :89:

When I was much younger I also collected plastic bags from the various fashion stores.  It was kinda cool to see them change their design over time.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

We had to save the plastic bags many years ago to put inside our wellington boots to keep our feet and socks dry  as they had holes in the soles .

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Where do you go Rustan's?

Patryk’s info shows he’s in Cebu. There’s a Rustans in Ayala mall, Cebu city. I was there last week and they have a nice selection of kitchenware and fine china. Picked up a nice European style butter dish; the type that’ll hold Kerrygold butter. Closest one to us would be in be Manila. 

A Landers store will be opening soon in Angeles as well. Near Marque Mall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Gator said:

Patryk’s info shows he’s in Cebu. There’s a Rustans in Ayala mall, Cebu city. I was there last week and they have a nice selection of kitchenware and fine china. Picked up a nice European style butter dish; the type that’ll hold Kerrygold butter. Closest one to us would be in be Manila. 

A Landers store will be opening soon in Angeles as well. Near Marque Mall. 

Ah, ok, I thought maybe there was a Rustans I did not know about in Angeles.

Have you found Kerrygold recently?  S&R has not had it recently.

Viking
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Patryk said:

can openers are one of most frustrating objects ever purchased by me here, thanks for pointing this out I have to bring some from Europe. As a side note do you know any shops which sell good STAINLESS STEEL kitchen utensils?

You can try IKEA. We bought ours there, many years ago, and they are still good.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, stevewool said:

We had to save the plastic bags many years ago to put inside our wellington boots to keep our feet and socks dry  as they had holes in the soles .

I assume plastic bags saved from Boots, the chemist? 

• Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I assume plastic bags saved from Boots, the chemist? 

Co op and Fine Fare bags  seemed to last longer then the boots 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Co op and Fine Fare bags  seemed to last longer then the boots 

Tesco were always the worst - you were lucky if they made it home before falling apart! 

• Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Tesco were always the worst - you were lucky if they made it home before falling apart! 

When bags was free you use to get a few bags inside each other for that extra strength, but with 5 tins of beans 3 tins of tomatoes and 5 lb of potatoes a box of oxo cubs and 3 bags of sugar, the bag stood no chance really 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1