eTravel - BIG BROTHER is watching

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Please keep us posted on this as many SRRV holders will be interested.

So I sent an email to their exit/reentry email add. 

They replied asking me to send passport details and flight details. I replied that they had my passport details from the 5 previous times Id applied for the travel pass and  it was on my original application.

They then replied with a travel pass.

• Like 3

longway
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

They replied asking me to send passport details and flight details. I replied that they had my passport details from the 5 previous times Id applied for the travel pass and  it was on my original application.

They then replied with a travel pass.

I am applying for a SRRVisa now. What the heck is a travel pass and what is it's purpose? I thought the SRRVisa had travel rights itself.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, longway said:

I am applying for a SRRVisa now. What the heck is a travel pass and what is it's purpose? I thought the SRRVisa had travel rights itself.

The e-travel pass is a replacement for the paper arrival (and departure) cards that we had to fill in before.

It isn't about people travel rights, it's about collecting arrival and departure information (you'd have to ask them why I have no idea).

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

The e-travel pass is a replacement for the paper arrival (and departure) cards that we had to fill in before.

It isn't about people travel rights, it's about collecting arrival and departure information (you'd have to ask them why I have no idea).

He is asking about SRRV Travel Pass.  

https://ssrvm.pra.gov.ph/  Unsecure website!

All SRRVisa holders are required to register their Travel information both outbound and inbound flights to and from the Philippines.

All outbound SRRVisa holders must secure a Travel Pass when departing from the Philippines are required to register here within three (3) days upon return or arrival. A Travel Pass is an electronic system generated digital pass, as a tool to monitor all departures. It may be saved on any digital mobile device or as printed out. It is a single use document and has a validity of 30 days from date of issuance. It is free of charge.

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Re E-travel. Eaton squad ( a Youtuber who deals with Philippines travel info , same as Jennifer travel ) uploaded a video today stating that for E-travel, is for FILIPINOS ONLY. Same as the departure form was.

Freebie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, longway said:

Dont worry about it. A useless piece of paper/digital shot that shows name passport SRRV # flight taken and day of flight. After they saw riches by giving retirement visa to every chinese in sight they were told to introduce some sort of oversight of visa holders. This was one such measure.

So SRRV must be renewed every year instead of previous 3 years renewals ( it might revert to 3 years this or next year )

Their travel pass ..well sometimes I get sometimes I dont. BI has not once asked for it.

On return they want to see scan of passport biopage, SRRV number and stamp of arrival within 3 days of arrival.

I just send them pic of stamp and my SRRV number which they acknowledge ( given that they have my passport details !)

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

He is asking about SRRV Travel Pass. 

Oops... my apoogies

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

Oops... my apoogies

It is all confusing.  Why the heck do they need to track SRRV holders so closely when one of the advantages of SRRV is the freedom to come and go easily?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

It is all confusing.  Why the heck do they need to track SRRV holders so closely when one of the advantages of SRRV is the freedom to come and go easily?

Think CHINA? what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg:tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Think CHINA?

Good point!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1