eTravel - BIG BROTHER is watching

Viking
Posted
Posted

Screenshot_20230415-100704.pngAs far as I understand it, foreigners DON'T need to register to etravel when they DEPART from the Philippines, only when they arrive?

• Like 2

longway
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Freebie said:

Dont worry about it.

Thanks, I won't worry about it.

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

Screenshot_20230415-100704.pngAs far as I understand it, foreigners DON'T need to register to etravel when they DEPART from the Philippines, only when they arrive?

Thanks. I saw that as well. News articles are reporting conflicting articles. I'm going to complete eTravel for departure just in case and see if they ask for it without me volunteering to show it. I'll post here if they asked for it later.

all outbound travelers are required to complete the online departure form within 72 hours but not later than 3 hours from the scheduled departure time from the Philippines.

https://newlandchase.com/philippines-etravel-system-requirement/

No mention of Filipinos only

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1756547/immigration-bureau-says-e-travel-system-full-implementation-to-start-on-april-15

• Like 1

mountainside
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Why the heck do they need to track SRRV holders so closely when one of the advantages of SRRV is the freedom to come and go easily?

7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Think CHINA?

The SRRV ain't as good its it once was, but I'll probably still get one.  It was the Chinese exploitation of SRRVs for POGO (and perhaps other) purposes that led to the elimination of SRRVs for the 35-50 year olds.  PRA was also directed to promulgate new rules for the "increased monitoring" of foreigners.  Thus the creation of the Travel Pass requirement, the requirement to register for working in the Phils, and the requirement to renew the visa annually instead of once every three years.  IMHO these three monitoring requirements will not soon be rolled back.  PRA is "hopeful" that the annual renewal requirement will be lifted, and that SRRV holders will once again be able to renew tri-annually.  But I'm not betting on it.

Edited by mountainside

Possum
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, mountainside said:

It was the Chinese exploitation of SRRVs for POGO (and perhaps other) purposes that led to the elimination of SRRVs for the 35-50 year olds.

Makes sense. if you think about it. Thousands of military age Chinese  citizens suddenly have a LOT of money to get SRRV?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted

There is a sign at BI in the airport, Filipinos only have to complete the Departure e-travel and BI did not ask me for it. Everyone must complete eTravel when entering.

A tip on Changing money in Thailand. 1 USD was 31baht everywhere "inside" the airport, as soon as you exit the money changers outside of the exit door and in Bangkok are giving 34baht to 1 US Dollar

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Rooster said:

A tip on Changing money in Thailand. 1 USD was 31baht everywhere "inside" the airport, as soon as you exit the money changers outside of the exit door and in Bangkok are giving 34baht to 1 US Dollar

Good tip Rooster.. off to BKK in a week.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Rooster said:

There is a sign at BI in the airport, Filipinos only have to complete the Departure e-travel and BI did not ask me for it.

PAL had it wrong in a post on FB yesterday but now they corrected it to Filipinos Only.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

PAL had it wrong in a post on FB yesterday but now they corrected it to Filipinos Only.

Not surprising, so did Jennifer Terri in her original YouTube video as the original announcement said "all travellers" (later clarified to all travellers who would have had to fill in a paper exit card).

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

so did Jennifer Terri in her original YouTube video as the original announcement

Oh no!  A YouTube vlogger got it WRONG?  Where will my wife get correct info now?  

Untitled-design_1513636395.jpg

• Like 1