eTravel - BIG BROTHER is watching

Freebie
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gator said:

When I returned there were a couple small and easy to miss signs posted just before immigration requesting you to scan a QR code. I didn’t notice any one scanning it as most were in hurry to be first in line at immigration. I too just walked past and was never asked about the eTravel code. 

Same on my last two returns. A few guys with their face in their phones playing Candy crush. Its now become  the airlines responsibility to check this, not the Philippines.

• Like 1

longway
Posted
Posted
On 6/9/2023 at 5:28 AM, Greglm said:

SRRV travel notice for me,

I asked the head honcho at PRA (Philippine Retirement Association) why The SRRV exit had to preapproved. She said it is a hold over from the Pandemic. PRA has requested the "powers that be" to eliminate that requirement and have not heard back yet. I told her no one ever asked to see it during the exit, she said she knew that but said better get it just in case or risk being denied flight. Undoing the pandemic rules is much harder than it was to start them.

Possum
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, longway said:

Undoing the pandemic rules is much harder than it was to start them.

Undoing any rule in the Philippines is like enforcing rules and law here. It's done but random and rare.