Just Stop Oil!

longway
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think I see numbers thrown around like 2035 for California not having any more fossil fueled cars.  That is insane. 

As I understand it California 2035 date is when Brand New FF cars can no longer be sold by New car dealers. Older FF Cars will still be around. Several other states are following California on this requirement.  I suspect this deadline will change before then, particularly if the charging station infrastruture is still not ready.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, longway said:

Brand New FF cars can no longer be sold by New car dealers

Thanks for the clarification.  I stated it wrong.  Still not logical.  Rich people will be tooling around in their Teslas and Rivians, and poor people will eventually have to give up on cars, and only use public transportation.  Which may be the goal of the green elites.  Can you imagine what will happen to the price of good used ICE cars?  They are already super high.

Edited by OnMyWay
Replace FF with ICE for clarity, as suggested
  • Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Can you imagine what will happen to the price of good used FF cars? 

It took me a while to understand what you were talking about, most times when people are talking about fossil fueled cars the acronym ICE is used (Internal Combustion Engined) :89:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

A low to medium income person can't sink 50k plus into an EV, and their other energy bills are soaring.  And of course the rich who are pushing the agenda can always get around and pay high energy costs.

I got a very nice ebike (mountain type) for $3,600. Ebikes are available for much less than that.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

NM

Edited by Guy F.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

It took me a while to understand what you were talking about, most times when people are talking about fossil fueled cars the acronym ICE is used (Internal Combustion Engined) :89:

Yes, correct.  I was using FF as an abbreviation and ICE would have been better to start with.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I got a very nice ebike (mountain type) for $3,600. Ebikes are available for much less than that.

E-bikes are nice to have in some scenarios, but they not really a good option for low income people, and low income people often live in areas where they might be stolen.  Some people living in cities might commute on them, which seems like a nice option, but in bad weather, not so great.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This is Facebook, if you can view.  This is how the police should immediately react.

https://fb.watch/lXGEefCNaZ/

• Haha 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

E-bikes are nice to have in some scenarios, but they not really a good option for low income people, and low income people often live in areas where they might be stolen.  Some people living in cities might commute on them, which seems like a nice option, but in bad weather, not so great.

Those cursed poors! They're not even smart enough to lock them, or keep bikes inside when not in use. They can't cope with rain either. Why do we tolerate them?

Edited by Guy F.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The main advantages of E-bikes IMO are that you don't have to pay registration, pay insurance, have a license or pedal as hard.

The disadvantages are, as you said,  lack of weather protection, slower speed of travel and relatively poorer braking and handling (yes even compared to typical motorbikes which mostly have wider tyres and stronger brakes).

I can see an advantage for (fitter) tourist expats without a local driving license who live in cities, it's possible to load an e-bike into an elevator and store it in a condo (which isn't really practical with a petrol motorbike).

• Like 2