Being a Father Later In Life

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

6 hours ago, baronapart said:

Let's say I am solid until 75. That puts the child at 15 with some money but without a father.

Or let's say you're solid until next year, the point is we don't know so it's entirely irrelevant. Even in your hypothetical, 15 years of constant fatherly love and attention and teaching means that kid will blessed and ready to face the world.

17 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Do you know what made me an expat?

Is it the craft beer? :laugh: The women in the West have become terrible / terribly fat, it's why we're all here, and why we all find wives (or "wives") here. As for your other questions, they (and everything else) certainly weren't terrible in the 1950s, and if it's a mystery to you what happened culturally you could make a new thread as advised. Or just look into it.

baronapart
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Or let's say you're solid until next year, the point is we don't know so it's entirely irrelevant. Even in your hypothetical, 15 years of constant fatherly love and attention and teaching means that kid will blessed and ready to face the world.I

Are you my wife posting disguised as Kingpin?

• Haha 3

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

The women in the West have become terrible / terribly fat, it's why we're all here, and why we all find wives (or "wives") here.

Few would be believe that I would guess. I certainly don't.

IMO (older) expats come here to find wives as few western women would even consider marrying someone twice their own age for some of the same reasons mentioned previously.

A lot of Filipinas respond positively to western men because of their real or perceived wealth as compared to local standards.

Edited by Lee
clarification
  • Like 3

baronapart
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Lee said:

Few would be believe that I would guess. I certainly don't.

IMO expats come here to find wives as few western women would even consider marrying someone twice their own age for some of the same reasons mentioned previously.

A lot of Filipinas respond positively to western men because of their real or perceived wealth as compared to local standards.

I don't know why guys get so upset when this is stated. It doesn't preclude them from loving you, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Lee said:

(older) expats come here to find wives as few western women would even consider marrying someone twice their own age

So the available women aren't terrible, they're just too old? :laugh:

Just the fact that there are so many divorced Americans proves the point.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

So the available women aren't terrible, they're just too old? :laugh:

Just the fact that there are so many divorced Americans proves the point.

Or  people in the west don't understand the word commitment anymore and as soon as the road becomes a little rocky they bail rather than expend energy and make an effort.  It applies to both males and females. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

people in the west don't understand the word commitment anymore and as soon as the road becomes a little rocky they bail rather than expend energy and make an effort. 

Commitment, family, they don't even understand the word 'gender' anymore.

6 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

It applies to both males and females. 

Only if you ignore the entire expat experience of Western males happily finding non-Western females.

• Haha 3

Lee
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Lee said:

IMO (older) expats come here to find wives as few western women would even consider marrying someone twice their own age for some of the same reasons mentioned previously.

KP, you might want to read this statement one more time with your readers on this time. LOL.

35 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

So the available women aren't terrible, they're just too old?

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Lee said:

KP, you might want to read this statement one more time with your readers on this time. LOL.

You mean the statement where you agreed that older America men are often single (generally after divorcing American women) and there are no good younger women in the US that want them?

Lee
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

and there are no good younger women in the US that want them?

So where exactly did you read this in my statement? You didn't.

I'm sure that you are aware of the social stigma attached to a American man marrying someone half their own age.

Also, why would a 35 yr old woman want to push their 70 yr old husband around in a wheelchair, change their diapers, or wipe drool from their chin. The time for this will come soon enough without hastening it.