Being a Father Later In Life

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/30/2023 at 1:09 PM, The Carabao Whisperer said:

for example  i had many in-laws that are scum i wouldn't bring a baby in that family if i was old. 

If my wife and I were to get hit by a truck tomorrow, I have several Filipino in-laws that I would trust my kids with.  On the other hand, I really don't have any available U.S. relatives who could take them in.

Each family situation varies a lot.  That is why a common piece of advice given is "remember, you are not marrying just the Filipina, you are marrying the family".  Choose wisely.

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

a common piece of advice given is "remember, you are not marrying just the Filipina, you are marrying the family".

That's a fact, the advice would be "Remember, marry a Filipina with a small to non-existent family."

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

That's a fact, the advice would be "Remember, marry a Filipina with a small to non-existent family."

Not always.  My wife was a CPA and has 8 brothers and sisters.  Her oldest brother is CEO of the Philippine branch of a Japanese pipe company.  The two next oldest are very successful in New Zealand and Australia.  The others are mostly middle class.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Not always.  My wife was a CPA and has 8 brothers and sisters.  Her oldest brother is CEO of the Philippine branch of a Japanese pipe company.  The two next oldest are very successful in New Zealand and Australia.  The others are mostly middle class.

It's not just because of money issues, it's also that most Filipinas put their Filipino family, as well as what they were taught by their Filipino family, first.

Just general advice though, there can always be exceptions that prove the rule.