Filipina vs Western woman.....

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

A rather pessimistic view of things If I may say so.

Sadly a realistic approach having seen two friends pass away and within days the new man was moved in. I've even had it explained to me by a couple of women that if they marry someone old enough they will pass away whilst they are still young enough to find true love and have no money worries.  As for the men I'm sure most know they are being played if they are being honest with themselves, it's a two way street.

Smart business sense if you ask me as many women once they get beyond the age of 25 are passed over for work and will have financial difficulties for the rest of their lives. 

• Like 3

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sadly a realistic approach having seen two friends pass away and within days the new man was moved in. I've even had it explained to me by a couple of women that if they marry someone old enough they will pass away whilst they are still young enough to find true love and have no money worries. 

I think a lot of the women here wouldn't even mind if the lived their whole lives like that, they're probably not attracted to their boyfriend/husband but they can still have fun and get on well with them.
Most of my Step daughters friends in their early/mid 20s are with fat Filipino rich boys the same age as them. Young women here seem to be mostly interested in money/status whereas in the UK they're almost solely interested in looks until they hit their 30s and money starts to become more of a factor.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sadly a realistic approach having seen two friends pass away and within days the new man was moved in. I've even had it explained to me by a couple of women that if they marry someone old enough they will pass away whilst they are still young enough to find true love and have no money worries.  As for the men I'm sure most know they are being played if they are being honest with themselves, it's a two way street.

Smart business sense if you ask me as many women once they get beyond the age of 25 are passed over for work and will have financial difficulties for the rest of their lives. 

I'd say whether it's realistic or pessimistic is very much dependant on the circle of friends and acquaintances you're surrounded by. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Who's playing who in the scenario you mentioned? Both parties are getting something they wouldn't otherwise be getting so it seems like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

I don't think it's any different to Snowy's story so I'm confused as to why the guys are being played and the women are being smart rather than vice versa. I've said this plenty of times but I'll say it again - we shouldn't by default assume that the silly old fool with the 25-year old partner is actually such a silly old fool after all.

HK, I agree with you well said. :cheersty:  

Snowy was (I think) just looking at an Expats perspective in this regard.

I started this with an over the top stereotype to stir the pot for a bit. :popcorn:

• Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/19/2023 at 6:47 PM, Guy F. said:

In the Philippines being fat means you are rich, according to Mrs. F. So there are more rich people in Bacolod?

Yes believe that is the case, the new landers opened couple of weeks ago not far from us. Still car parks totally full weekends and often during week. Traffic is deplorable.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 9/20/2023 at 3:40 PM, Snowy79 said:

seen two friends pass away and within days the new man was moved in.

I'd like to see them try that in a rental :laugh:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 9/21/2023 at 3:45 AM, Old55 said:

I started this with an over the top stereotype to stir the pot for a bit. :popcorn:

It worked. :hystery:

• Haha 4

Major Tom
Posted
Posted

Filipino women, like women from many other cultures around the world, share common human experiences and aspirations. They strive for love, happiness, and success, and they face similar challenges and opportunities. However, they also possess unique qualities and perspectives that set them apart from their Western counterparts.

One significant distinction lies in the strong emphasis on family and community in Filipino culture. Filipino women often play a central role in maintaining close-knit family bonds, valuing the collective welfare over individual pursuits. This sense of responsibility extends to caregiving, with many Filipino women taking on the role of caregivers both within their families and abroad, nurturing and supporting their loved ones.

Another notable aspect of Filipino women's identity is their cultural resilience and adaptability. Living in a diverse and dynamic archipelago, they have developed a remarkable ability to navigate through various socio-economic challenges. This resilience often translates into a positive outlook on life and a willingness to face adversity with grace and determination.

Moreover, Filipino women exhibit a unique blend of traditional values and modern sensibilities. They appreciate their rich cultural heritage, often maintaining strong ties to their roots, while also embracing contemporary lifestyles and global influences. This duality allows them to maintain a sense of identity while participating in the ever-evolving global community.

In summary, Filipino women share many commonalities with women from other parts of the world, yet their distinct cultural context and values shape them in distinctive ways. Their dedication to family, adaptability, and the harmonious fusion of tradition and modernity make them truly unique and remarkable individuals.

• Like 2