Update on drivers license renewals

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)

As an aside, I read an article today which stated that 65% of vehicles are not registered!  65%!!!!!!  And, when we take into account the fact that all new cars come with 3 years LTO anyway, it looks even worse from the perspective of compliance.  

This, of course, means that 65% of vehicles have no insurance which is even more concerning IMO.  

ETA - I just noticed there is another thread on this - apologies for duplicating! 

Edited by hk blues

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

My wife and I renewed our licenses last week in Car Car cebu. No plastic so we have the big paper ones, what fun. The medical exam was a bit of a joke, both my wife and i wear glasses but not according to our medical exams. when they gave us our paper copy it had our old address on the new license, was told we had to fix that when we pick up our plastic ones. To witch i replied " you do know that is in violation of the LTO rules" shoulder shrug and a Next person was the response.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

My wife and I renewed our licenses last week in Car Car cebu. No plastic so we have the big paper ones, what fun. The medical exam was a bit of a joke, both my wife and i wear glasses but not according to our medical exams. when they gave us our paper copy it had our old address on the new license, was told we had to fix that when we pick up our plastic ones. To witch i replied " you do know that is in violation of the LTO rules" shoulder shrug and a Next person was the response.

I had a similar experience with my ACR card - it cost me a hefty sum in fines when I came to actually change it despite it not being my fault! 

• Haha 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

Heck even my old DL from 1987 I was wearing glasses and it was plastic.

221725_1504093662052_5003530_n.jpg

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

Heck even my old DL from 1987 I was wearing glasses and it was plastic.

221725_1504093662052_5003530_n.jpg

That's probably one of the last one's they printed on plastic!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Lee
Posted
Posted

Update 

Plastic DLs are soon to be happening.........maybe.

In the future you might need to make a doctors appointment to renew your DL. IDK

LTO gets donation of 4 million plastic license cards

MANILA, Philippines — Four million plastic license cards will be donated to the Land Transportation Office by a medical clinic association with “no strings attached” in the memorandum of agreement, the LTO announced yesterday.

LTO chief Vigor Mendoza II said the agreement was scheduled to be signed yesterday between Transportation Secretary Jaime Bautista and the Philippine Society of Medicine for Drivers (PSMED).

“The medical clinic decided to make an unconditional donation of four million plastic cards to the LTO,” Mendoza said. “Upon the approval of the transportation secretary, in two weeks the first delivery will take place and every month thereafter until the plastic cards will be completed.”

According to Mendoza, the donation amounts to at least P160 million and represents almost 50 percent of the annual LTO requirement of plastic cards.

“Our annual requirement for driver’s licenses is seven million. It will be a big saving for the government. That is why we thank the medical clinic,” he said.

Mendoza said PSMED did not ask for anything in exchange for the donation.

“There is no condition,” he said.

According to Mendoza, the four million plastic cards will cover the LTO’s requirement nationwide.

“Once we sign the deed of donation, starting tomorrow, those who will renew their driver’s licenses will be able to get (a plastic card) as we still have 600,000 cards. We can start in anticipation of the delivery sometime second week of January next year,” he said.

LTO gets donation of 4 million plastic license cards (msn.com)

hk blues
Posted
Posted

A $3m donation with no strings attached apparently.  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Supposedly they have 4 million plastics available now.  I'm going in this week.

I'm reviewing for my test.  Probably a waste of time but can't hurt.  I thought this was funny!  And fairly accurate!  They are basically listing all the things wrong with driving here!

Screenshot (1147).png

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm reviewing for my test.  Probably a waste of time but can't hurt.  I thought this was funny!  And fairly accurate!  They are basically listing all the things wrong with driving here!

Screenshot (1147).png

What will you review?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Screenshot (1147).png

According to the report, they have 600,000 plastic cards in existing stock and available now and the 4m will be available mid January.  I'm not sure if you can get the plastic one as this will depend on if your LTO office has any of the 600,000 plastic ones.  

• Like 1