Update on drivers license renewals

Lee
Posted
Posted

LTO adjusted schedule of driver’s license renewals

1. Driver’s licenses that expired from April 1 to 30, 2023 – renew within October 6 to November 6, 2023
  2. Driver’s licenses that expired from May 1 to 31, 2023 – renew within November 1 to 30, 2023
  3. Driver’s licenses that expired from June 1 to 30, 2023 – renew within December 1 to 31, 2023
  4. Driver’s licenses that expired from July 1 to 31, 2023 – renew within January 1 to 31, 2024
  5. Driver’s licenses that expired from August 1 to 31, 2023 – renew within February 1 to 28, 2024
  6. Driver’s licenses that expired from September to 31, 2023 – renew within March 1 to 31, 2024

Read the whole story at the link.

Driver's licenses that expired in April 2023 must be renewed on or before November 6 (msn.com)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I just renewed my driver's license and got the 10 year version!! I could not do it online for some reason. It was not a big deal, but took a couple of hours - mainly running back and forth to a driving school to get them to print out the forms I needed and also to print out my passing the test sheet.

The test was not difficult, but it had weird questions on it like - what is the storage box on the back of a motorcycle called? What???? My thought was who cares?

Eye and other tests were fairly simple and easy to pass unless you are blind, deaf and dead.....

The most difficult part was getting the photo - their computer camera was set at a level for Filipinos - very low. So I had to squirm low in my chair to get into the photo acceptable area. I did this two days before my birthday expiration date. Now I have my official "paper" license.... 

It's a bit funny and sad that now I have to wait maybe a year for the official steel license plates for my new car and however long for my plastic license card....

• Like 1

starrt
Posted
Posted

I'm glad that I renewed my driver's license last year.

It was a relatively painless process here in Taguig.

I did the online test and printed out the result page, which I gave to the clerk.

Before printing out the plastic card the clerk asked me if I wanted to use the photo from when I first got my license or a new photo. I had them use the old one.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Lee
Posted
Posted

Yet again, LTO releases new driver's license renewal schedule, validity extension.

As expected, the Land Transportation Office (LTO) has again released new driver’s license renewal schedules and validity extension. This comes after a writ of preliminary injunction was issued against its plastic card supply deal last month, effectively halting the deliveries of new cards.

According to the LTO’s latest advisory, the remaining card supply is enough for the renewal and printing of driver’s licenses that expired in June. Driver’s licenses expiring from November 2023 onwards will be valid until April 2024.

Yet again, LTO releases new driver's license renewal schedule, validity extensions (msn.com)

LTO driver’s license renewal schedule as of November 2023

Driver’s licenses that expired from April 1 to 30, 2023 – should have been renewed by November 6, 2023

Driver’s licenses that expired from May 1 to 31, 2023 – renew within November 1 to 30, 2023

Driver’s licenses that expired from June 1 to 30, 2023 – renew within December 1 to 31, 2023

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not in our lifetime?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

A bit off topic, but the same agency.  The last time LTO had a sticker for my scooter license plate was 2017!  How in the world can you run out of stock every year and my scooter registration is done in May.  

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

A bit off topic, but the same agency.  The last time LTO had a sticker for my scooter license plate was 2017!  How in the world can you run out of stock every year and my scooter registration is done in May.  

Perhaps the money allocated to buying stock of stickers was diverted elsewhere?  :whistling:

These agencies should have significant surpluses given the amount of money they have been allocated yet not yet spent, no? :whistling:

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Well the wife did her renewal last week at Bais LTO.  They were issuing plastic licences for the first 50 customers every day so she arrived early the day after she completed the knowledge exam and medical.  From the time the office opened to the moment she walked out with her new 10 year licence was about 90 mins.  They didn't take a new photo but they did redo her fingerprints.  I didn't ask why; that stuff will drive you crazy.  

For some reason I thought they'd binned the medical but obviously not.  Like @Tommy T., medical was basically a formality and the knowledge test pretty simple.  

PPPPPPP... "Prior preparation and planning prevent piss-poor performances".   Either that or she got lucky, probably a little bit of column A, and a little of column B. 

Been waiting since March 2022 for our car's licence plates though with no end in sight. 

• Like 5

Lee
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Been waiting since March 2022 for our car's licence plates though with no end in sight.

Have been waiting since 2016 for ours.

• Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

No worries, Brett - the LTO Chief confirmed that as of this week the backlog of car number plates will have been cleared so you will be able to pick it up Monday!

(The above may or may not have been me being sarcastic) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2