Update on drivers license renewals

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

@OnMyWay - You now have to take a test to renew your license?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Mike J said:

@OnMyWay - You now have to take a test to renew your license?

Yes.  You have to sign up on the LTO website before you go, technically, but they have computers at LTO where they sign up the masses and give them the test.  If you sign up at home, don't forget to bring your password.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

To add, I got my medical at an authorized office, and it was automatically put in the LTO system.  Bring the Medical Certificate to LTO.

I also printed the test certificate after I passed the test at home, but they give you the test again anyway.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

To add, I got my medical at an authorized office, and it was automatically put in the LTO system.  Bring the Medical Certificate to LTO.

I also printed the test certificate after I passed the test at home, but they give you the test again anyway.

What is the point of doing it at home if they give it to you again?  It's a different set of questions according to your post. :89:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

What is the point of doing it at home if they give it to you again?  It's a different set of questions according to your post. :89:

Others reported the same experience and I don't know why.  In the website application process,  you get stopped and can't go further without taking the exam, so I did.  The next steps end up at making an appointment and paying, but that was not possible.  Not sure it was working correctly.

However, I was ok with taking the test twice because I knew for certain the answers to some of the trickier questions.

Going through the online setup at home will save you some time at LTO.  I saw one old dude being walked through the test with someone from LTO.  A lot of Filipinos will do everything at LTO.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I saw one old dude being walked through the test with someone from LTO.  A lot of Filipinos will do everything at LTO.

I know that part as fact, and no I don’t drive on PI roads, Ebike occasionally yes. 

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

lucky when  my wife and i renewed last month the on-line test was the only one required. 

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

lucky when  my wife and i renewed last month the on-line test was the only one required. 

Puzzling that all offices are not the same.  Oh wait!  It's the Philippines!

• Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

Same for AM, completed it the day before.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

I did my renewal four years ago, due again in May 2024.  What I remember from that renewal  . . . .

Pee test - trying pee into a bottle the size of a shotgun shell and you had to keep the door open so folks could watch.

The physical had already been filled out and signed by the doctor.  You told "assistant" your name, age, height, weight.  I had to convince the guy that a kilo weighed 2.2 pounds not 2.0.  Fastest physical I have ever experience, turns out I am in perfect health. 

After the physical I had an "interview" with an elderly lady.  Her first question was "Do you say a prayer before you drive?"  I replied; "Only if my wife is doing the driving".  Unfortunately she did not get the joke.  :whistling:

Only in Da Philippines 

Edited by Mike J
  • Haha 3