Where to go? Finding a place to settle!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gutenberg said:

You seem to be offended by something and I can't identify the issue and you won't tell.

No My Friend I don't get offended, I am responsible for what I say Not what you can understand

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

I'm slightly confused -

Won't your income from overseas be taxed even if you're living here in the Philippines? 

According to the current information, foreign sourced income/transfers of Aliens into the Phillippines are not taxed in the Phillippines.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

According to the current information, foreign sourced income/transfers of Aliens into the Phillippines are not taxed in the Phillippines.

I know.

But, won't it be taxed in the country it is being earned in?  

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I know.

But, won't it be taxed in the country it is being earned in?  

Okay, I just thought I just clarify it again as it seem to have offended the other poster somehow.

Well, there's withholding tax in certain countries on the source if, for example, dividends paid out by a company but that would be it and with a bit structuring countries which don't have withholding tax or a very low rate can be used.

Also, another good example would be a Delaware/Wyoming single member pass through LLC which taxes all income at the member's level and if the member is an Alien in the Phillippines it's effectively 0%.

Edited by Gutenberg

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

Okay, I just thought I just clarify it again as it seem to have offended the other poster somehow.

Well, there's withholding tax in certain countries on the source if, for example, dividends paid out by a company but that would be it and with a bit structuring countries which don't have withholding tax or a very low rate can be used.

Also, another good example would be a Delaware/Wyoming single member pass through LLC which taxes all income at the member's level and if the member is an Alien in the Phillippines it's effectively 0%.

I was under the impression you were talking about income from employment.  

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

There’s lot’s of taxes that they put on foreigners, money transfer to your bank is one, but the most expensive is long nose tax and personally I think you’ll pay plenty of that until you learn to listen and observe. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I was under the impression you were talking about income from employment.  

Okay, I was talking about my income tax.

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Clermont said:

There’s lot’s of taxes that they put on foreigners, money transfer to your bank is one, but the most expensive is long nose tax and personally I think you’ll pay plenty of that until you learn to listen and observe. 

I hope I just get charged triple the amount what locals pay :laugh:

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

hope I just get charged triple the amount what locals pay

You will 

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted