Where to go? Finding a place to settle!

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

image.jpeg

Best experience was in 2006, my first time in Thailand, I literally paid $30 for a 100m ride and the Tuktuk driver insisted on it. Let's see if I can top that in the Phillippines. :laugh:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

Best experience was in 2006, my first time in Thailand, I literally paid $30 for a 100m ride and the Tuktuk driver insisted on it. Let's see if I can top that in the Phillippines. :laugh:

Probably not.

At least, not on the 1st day!

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Probably not.

At least, not on the 1st day!

I have the feeling I won't do the same mistakes I have done in the previous 8-9 years in Thailand all in the Phillippines again. But, never say never. However all the violent and non violent experiences which would fill pages of pages never led to any long term damage or me beeing grumpy about it.

I'll admit though, Phillippines was the 2nd choice after Thailand and I have never been there and can't be for sure if I like it but really hope it and I am positive about it.

Edited by Gutenberg

hk blues
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

I have the feeling I won't do the same mistakes I have done in the previous 8-9 years in Thailand all in the Phillippines again. But, never say never. However all the violent and non violent experiences which would fill pages of pages never led to any long term damage or me beeing grumpy about it.

I'll admit though, Phillippines was the 2nd choice after Thailand and I have never been there and can't be for sure if I like it but really hope it and I am positive about it.

The problem here, and I'd have thought in Thailand as well, is that those violent experiences can lead to more than just bruised pride.  

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

Why Philippines over Thailand?   For me it is not even close, I would choose Thailand in a nano second.  Been to most places there, and learned to speak the language quite well.  Probably forgot much of it by now, but I still think I would do ok.   The only thing Philippines has over Thailand IMO is English is kind of spoken here, everything else tilts in a big way to Thailand.  Culture, food, infrastructure, pride, etc...  

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

but the most expensive is long nose tax

I have been here a long long time, and have seen the 'long nose tax' mentioned repeatedly, but I cant think of one time I have been taken....

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

The only thing Philippines has over Thailand IMO is English is kind of spoken here, everything else tilts in a big way to Thailand.  Culture, food, infrastructure, pride, etc..

Ao My friend why are so many wanting move to the Philippines? Can it be maybe, the Visa issue in Thailand?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, craftbeerlover said:

I have been here a long long time, and have seen the 'long nose tax' mentioned repeatedly, but I cant think of one time I have been taken....

I agree, the longer we are here the more we understand how and when to make ourselves scarce :shades:

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

I agree, the longer we are here the more we understand how and when to make ourselves scarce :shades:

hahaha much of it is I am a pretty loyal customer... go to the same stalls at the market for years etc...   Taxi drivers have tried to scam me, but failed every time.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

hahaha much of it is I am a pretty loyal customer... go to the same stalls at the market for years etc...   Taxi drivers have tried to scam me, but failed every time.

I don't food shop, daughter and Wife deal with that, major things My Wife can sort out most things, We don't have Taxis in Dumaguete so nothing on this

• Love it 1