Kidney Stones, Ouch!

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

that the stones build up due to lack of proper hydration

That is only part of it, and it depends on the type of stones.  Foods high in Oxalates are a major contributor to the formation of Kidney stones as well as some supplements such as Turmeric.  

21 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

gay apple cider

What the F is gay apple cider?  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I hate to disagree with you OMW, but my readings and what the vet confirmed is that the stones build up due to lack of proper hydration - as mentioned by @Boinky69 - and salt adds to that and crystalizes in kidneys and or bladder. The acid meds or treatments (like lemon juice, straight apple cider, etc.) apparently do the job. (I do wonder if gay apple cider might work also?:89:) Anyway, glad to hear the success stories across the board...

I probably got it twisted around.  I was reading what two of the meds are supposed to do and I got that interpretation.  I will read some more.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I probably got it twisted around.  I was reading what two of the meds are supposed to do and I got that interpretation.  I will read some more.

Glad you are not my Doctor OMW :whistling:

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Glad you are not my Doctor OMW :whistling:

:cheersty:

Doc OnMyWay says, first one is on me!

rubygay.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Joke lang - Opposite of "straight apple cider". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, longway said:

Straight apple cider vinegar can irritate your throat. Dilute it with water. Works Just as well for intended purpose. Also,  A friend of mine had kidney stones, took Sambong capsules for a few months, ultrasound results showed Stones dissolving and eventually gone, never passed to his knowledge. Now one year later He is still taking a low dose of Sambong daily as a preventative.

That is only part of it, and it depends on the type of stones.  Foods high in Oxalates are a major contributor to the formation of Kidney stones as well as some supplements such as Turmeric.  

And it won't irritate your throat may be the best part??????:hystery:

Joke lang!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

One week update recap on The Rolling Stone....

First pain attack was last Tuesday starting at 0200.  Subsided and then came back later in the morning.  I went to the ER, threw up on their floor, and felt better.  ER doc sent me for ultrasound and I think it was around noon.  I like the ultrasound guy.  Seems to know his stuff.  Pointed out where the 8mm stone was trying to get into the 5 mm tube.  Started antibiotic and tramadol for pain when needed.  After that, I think I had two more major pain incidents, the last being at 0730 Wednesday morning.  Went to Urologist at 11 AM and got his take on the ultrasound.  Started 4 more "meds" so 5 including the antibiotic, 6 if you include Tramadol for pain.  The urologist said I could take Tramadol every 6 hours as a preventative pain med, and I did that for 3 days.  I tapered to once a morning and for the last 3 days, no Tramadol.  I finished the antibiotics this morning.

After the last pain incident on Wednesday 0730, no more pain attacks since, and everything is fairly normal.  It seems odd, considering where the stone was, that I have felt nothing.  Do you think there is a chance that it passed Wednesday morning?  The ultrasound was almost 24 hours before I saw the urologist, and the last attack was 3-4 hours before I saw him.  I have never had any pain like I would expect if peeing out a stone.

All experienced opinions welcome!  I still have some Tramadol but hope I don't need it, and have dodged a bullet this time!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

All experienced opinions welcome!  I still have some Tramadol but hope I don't need it, and have dodged a bullet this time!

It seems unlikely that a 8mm stone could have been reduced in size to pass in such a short time.  If it did pass, you would have felt it.  When my stone(s) were broken up via lithotripsy I was able to feel in the penis small bits and pieces during my first void of urine.   My best guess, based on A LOT of stones over 10 or so years.  The stone is sitting at/or near the ureter.  Any time it tries to enter the ureter there is going to be pain.  If it gets small enough in size to enter the ureter there is a possibility of it getting stuck which also hurts like hell.  Keep the Tramadol handy.  Have they tested for blood in the urine?   Suggest you get a urine filter from the urologist.  It has a very fine mesh to catch any stones and/or bits and pieces if the stone breaks up.  Knowing the type of stone material can help in preventing future stones.   Keep drinking lots of water!  Good luck, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Urine Filter | A filter for urine | Tommy Wingo | Flickr

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

First pain attack was last Tuesday starting at 0200.  Subsided and then came back later in the morning.  I went to the ER, threw up on their floor, and felt better.  ER doc sent me for ultrasound and I think it was around noon.  I like the ultrasound guy.  Seems to know his stuff.  Pointed out where the 8mm stone was trying to get into the 5 mm tube.  Started antibiotic and tramadol for pain when needed.  After that, I think I had two more major pain incidents, the last being at 0730 Wednesday morning.  Went to Urologist at 11 AM and got his take on the ultrasound.  Started 4 more "meds" so 5 including the antibiotic, 6 if you include Tramadol for pain.  The urologist said I could take Tramadol every 6 hours as a preventative pain med, and I did that for 3 days.  I tapered to once a morning and for the last 3 days, no Tramadol.  I finished the antibiotics this morning.

After the last pain incident on Wednesday 0730, no more pain attacks since, and everything is fairly normal.  It seems odd, considering where the stone was, that I have felt nothing.  Do you think there is a chance that it passed Wednesday morning?  The ultrasound was almost 24 hours before I saw the urologist, and the last attack was 3-4 hours before I saw him.  I have never had any pain like I would expect if peeing out a stone.

From my experience, if you passed a stone of any reasonable size you'd feel it.  

• Like 3

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

hmmm the odds of passing an 8mm stone are slim to none, and I do not understand why the Urologist did not tell you that (those are words from a Dr and not my own, paraphrasing of course).     You need to get that thing broken up, or have confidence that something like Sambong will shrink it.    8mm is big, mine was 6mm and was told, "I do not ever want to say 100 percent, but there is a 99 percent chance you will never pass a stone that size"   This was a urologist in the US within the past year.     PS, I never experienced pain (until after the procedure), however, I was pissing blood which was quite alarming, and that is what forced me to see a Dr.  

• Like 5