Kidney Stones, Ouch!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Lets hope you are correct!!!!   

I just got my report and compared it to LONG March 19 report.  Can't explain the huge change but I will visit the urologist next week for his take on it.

The test yesterday was two parts and I had no idea what the 2 parts were going to be when I got there.  However, seems logical now.

When I arrived at 1330 I knew I was supposed to drink water for the test.  I bought and drank 1 liter.  The sonologist was a younger gal and seemed competent.  First pass on the test she said I had to drink more water and when I had the urge to pee, knock on the door.  So I drank 1 more liter.  Nothing.  So I polished off another 2/3 liter and was ready to go!  She did the test, then said go pee.  I peed and she did the test again.  She said comeback at 1530 and Dr. Guevara will do the test again.

Dr. Guevara is the one who did the test on the 19th when I went to ER.  The urologist requested that he do the follow up test.  I thought he was very knowledgeable and competent.  I did not know before, but he is an MD.  He has a strange accent that almost sounds Eastern European.

He was a little bit late and literally comes running in at a bit before 4.  He did the test while the younger sonologist watched.  Based on what I could understand, their findings matched and he broke the good news to me.  Soo, two different tests by two different sonologists gives me some comfort that they are accurate.

When Dr. Guevara tested me on the 19th, he pointed the screen to me, and pointed out all the stones.  So I think that one was accurate too.

I think I passed the two stones on the morning of the 20th when I had my last attack.  That is my only logical guess.  I did not feel any pain when peeing, just the massive pain in the lower left abdomen.  They must have passed easily through my huge firehose.  :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Great news Don. Congratulations. :AddEmoticons04230:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/6/2024 at 10:29 AM, OnMyWay said:

The test yesterday was two parts and I had no idea what the 2 parts were going to be when I got there. 

Side note on medical costs here.  I paid for the two ultrasounds with my U.S. credit card.  p1506.15 billed as $26.69.  Less 2% on my new cashback card.  :smile:  I would bet that would a huge amount in the U.S.??  Few hundred dollars at least.  About the cost of a big mac meal in California? :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Side note on medical costs here.  I paid for the two ultrasounds with my U.S. credit card.  p1506.15 billed as $26.69.  Less 2% on my new cashback card.  :smile:  I would bet that would a huge amount in the U.S.??  Few hundred dollars at least.  About the cost of a big mac meal in California? :shock_40_anim_gif:

You'd probably need to sell a kidney to pay for those tests! 

• Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

You'd probably need to sell a kidney to pay for those tests! 

This latest test shows my kidneys to be in fine condition except for one last stone.  You only need one, right?  Do you think one would fetch enough for me to get the new Toyota Hilux I've had my eye on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

This latest test shows my kidneys to be in fine condition except for one last stone.  You only need one, right?  Do you think one would fetch enough for me to get the new Toyota Hilux I've had my eye on?

I happened to read an article recently on my news feed (can’t find it now) about the sale of human organs / body parts on the black market. Sell it in Singapore. You’d be able to get your Hilux and still have about 200k USD leftover. In the USA you’d only get about half that amount.

Glad you’re feeling better Don  😀

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

About the cost of a big mac meal in California? 

Maybe the price of the fries.... Glad things are looking up for you!

• Like 1