Would You Stay Or Go Home

UZI
Posted
Posted
It took me years to get used to living in the US and I still prefer the Philippines so I wonder how many of you who have moved to the Philippines would rather go back to the country you came from?
An interesting answer to your question comes from this post - Gold Hearts storyInteresting in that the reason for the return was due to his Filipina wife wanting to leave not his. One of the reasons given was stories of Expats husbands having affairs.So, another explanation to what happens to Expats staying or leaving. SJP52 gives another possible reason why not many of the 768 members post on the forum. Too busy enjoying the Philippines it seems 7_3_205[1].gif36_1_68[1].gif:Policeman:13_4_10[1].gif:th_thbarbaque:SugarwareZ-047.gif:e3358:Uzi

Travis
Posted
Posted
It took me years to get used to living in the US and I still prefer the Philippines so I wonder how many of you who have moved to the Philippines would rather go back to the country you came from?
An interesting answer to your question comes from this post - Gold Hearts storyInteresting in that the reason for the return was due to his Filipina wife wanting to leave not his. One of the reasons given was stories of Expats husbands having affairs.So, another explanation to what happens to Expats staying or leaving. SJP52 gives another possible reason why not many of the 768 members post on the forum. Too busy enjoying the Philippines it seems Uzi
& possibly other reasons to leave might befrustration when trying to get anything here done maybe coz not having a wife to help with the language & cultural barrierthe constant cost of things going up in the stores & the exchange rate for us going down which has made it impossible for me to set a real budget & stick to it. I wish the money here was dollars or things sold could be bought in both currencies coz that would make life a lot easier lonely for good people companionship as most single expats I did meet or observe seem to me to be trash with superiority complexes & probably only here for the sex & maybe coz in their own country they are nothing & no one so I wish they could only see themselves via my eyes or that of a locals & then when with normal married couple I feel like a 3rd wheel so I pretty much stay to myself mostlypoor shopping when compared to US shopping malls & prices & that surprised me a lot coz of the cheap labor here & I believe also cheap rents so why do things here cost so much when most come from neighboring countries or are made here?for me I find it hard to get good American food in the grocery & when I do find some the price is usually much more than back home Casa Verde excluded SugarwareZ-004.gif7_4_17[1].gif terrible terrible terrible cable tv programs did I say terrible and outdated programs yes.gif constant power outages or flickering blackouts brownouts or whatever they call them 1%20(103).gif constant dsl flickering off & on & I use a ups so it has to be an outside my apartment problem & complaining has done no goodcable always seems to go out right in the middle of one of the few good program & back on when the good scene is over so maybe power outages somewhere are also responsible so why do they not use a battery backup on their systems? to some it up it is a 3rd world country where I find that most first world things cost more than first world prices if they can even be found & the often poorly trained employees with their out of stock line gets old when the product I seek is only a few feet away & the people who work there do not even know itbut the weather is nice most of the year & the women are something to feast my eyes on everywhere I look & most people are very nice & courteous & rents are cheap but now cheaper or the same back home. I need to learn to eat just rice & an occasional egg or dried fish maybe that would make me better understand life here 1%20(103).gifhystery.gifcheersty.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
An interesting answer to your question comes from this post - Gold Hearts storyInteresting in that the reason for the return was due to his Filipina wife wanting to leave not his. One of the reasons given was stories of Expats husbands having affairs.So, another explanation to what happens to Expats staying or leaving. SJP52 gives another possible reason why not many of the 768 members post on the forum. Too busy enjoying the Philippines it seems Uzi
& possibly other reasons to leave might befrustration when trying to get anything here done maybe coz not having a wife to help with the language & cultural barrierthe constant cost of things going up in the stores & the exchange rate for us going down which has made it impossible for me to set a real budget & stick to it. I wish the money here was dollars or things sold could be bought in both currencies coz that would make life a lot easier lonely for good people companionship as most single expats I did meet or observe seem to me to be trash with superiority complexes & probably only here for the sex & maybe coz in their own country they are nothing & no one so I wish they could only see themselves via my eyes or that of a locals & then when with normal married couple I feel like a 3rd wheel so I pretty much stay to myself mostlypoor shopping when compared to US shopping malls & prices & that surprised me a lot coz of the cheap labor here & I believe also cheap rents so why do things here cost so much when most come from neighboring countries or are made here?for me I find it hard to get good American food in the grocery & when I do find some the price is usually much more than back home Casa Verde excluded SugarwareZ-004.gif7_4_17[1].gif terrible terrible terrible cable tv programs did I say terrible and outdated programs yes.gif constant power outages or flickering blackouts brownouts or whatever they call them 1%20%28103%29.gif constant dsl flickering off & on & I use a ups so it has to be an outside my apartment problem & complaining has done no goodcable always seems to go out right in the middle of one of the few good program & back on when the good scene is over so maybe power outages somewhere are also responsible so why do they not use a battery backup on their systems? to some it up it is a 3rd world country where I find that most first world things cost more than first world prices if they can even be found & the often poorly trained employees with their out of stock line gets old when the product I seek is only a few feet away & the people who work there do not even know itbut the weather is nice most of the year & the women are something to feast my eyes on everywhere I look & most people are very nice & courteous & rents are cheap but now cheaper or the same back home. I need to learn to eat just rice & an occasional egg or dried fish maybe that would make me better understand life here 1%20%28103%29.gifhystery.gifcheersty.gif
Nah,you need to get over the fact your wee wee is smaller than the average and find a girlfriend to relive pressure off your hands.Good grief man,is life really that bad. 1%20%28103%29.gifSorry but if you are not happy I bet you are one of those that are not happy anywhere.:e3358: :th_thbarbaque:

UZI
Posted
Posted
& possibly other reasons to leave might befrustration when trying to get anything here done maybe coz not having a wife to help with the language & cultural barrierthe constant cost of things going up in the stores & the exchange rate for us going down which has made it impossible for me to set a real budget & stick to it. I wish the money here was dollars or things sold could be bought in both currencies coz that would make life a lot easier lonely for good people companionship as most single expats I did meet or observe seem to me to be trash with superiority complexes & probably only here for the sex & maybe coz in their own country they are nothing & no one so I wish they could only see themselves via my eyes or that of a locals & then when with normal married couple I feel like a 3rd wheel so I pretty much stay to myself mostlypoor shopping when compared to US shopping malls & prices & that surprised me a lot coz of the cheap labor here & I believe also cheap rents so why do things here cost so much when most come from neighboring countries or are made here?for me I find it hard to get good American food in the grocery & when I do find some the price is usually much more than back home Casa Verde excluded SugarwareZ-004.gif7_4_17[1].gif terrible terrible terrible cable tv programs did I say terrible and outdated programs yes.gif constant power outages or flickering blackouts brownouts or whatever they call them 1%20%28103%29.gif constant dsl flickering off & on & I use a ups so it has to be an outside my apartment problem & complaining has done no goodcable always seems to go out right in the middle of one of the few good program & back on when the good scene is over so maybe power outages somewhere are also responsible so why do they not use a battery backup on their systems? to some it up it is a 3rd world country where I find that most first world things cost more than first world prices if they can even be found & the often poorly trained employees with their out of stock line gets old when the product I seek is only a few feet away & the people who work there do not even know itbut the weather is nice most of the year & the women are something to feast my eyes on everywhere I look & most people are very nice & courteous & rents are cheap but now cheaper or the same back home. I need to learn to eat just rice & an occasional egg or dried fish maybe that would make me better understand life here 1%20%28103%29.gif :hystery: cheersty.gif
Nah,you need to get over the fact your wee wee is smaller than the average and find a girlfriend to relive pressure off your hands.Good grief man,is life really that bad. 1%20%28103%29.gifSorry but if you are not happy I bet you are one of those that are not happy anywhere.:morning1: :no:
:th_exactly::hystery:If you can't find a girlfriend here so you can join in with other couples, then you are really in trouble. :-kiss:

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Interesting in that the reason for the return was due to his Filipina wife wanting to leave not his. [Expats having affairs]... SJP52 gives another possible reason why not many of the 768 members post on the forum. Too busy enjoying the Philippines it seems 7_3_205[1].gif36_1_68[1].gif:hystery:13_4_10[1].gif:morning1:SugarwareZ-047.gif:th_exactly:
Uzi - I too thought Goldhearts reason to leave RP (his wife's preference) was interesting.I can only hope that SJP52's reason is as you illustrate it above... and that I fall prey to it. Now, about Goldheart's wife's concerns, that would also be a good reason to..... uhhhhhhhhhh... well, never mind... my asawa is reading over my shoulder.Tom in Texas

Travis
Posted
Posted

ohhh so it is pick on me day th_thimage_265775.gifth_exactly.gif maybe I like boys better than girls like my friend Jake hehehehe SugarwareZ-007.gif no one said I do not have girlfriends & some of the guys have met some of them. it is more about communication or lack thereof & finding someone who I would wish to spend the rest of my days with & the older I get the more I like my own company over that of someone who might just add more grief to my life coz I do not have money to give their family & speaking of guys who think they are better than some others nuff said.some of us are not rich like some of you who can afford to buy a house or condo so therefore must have a good income or good savings or both. I spent most of what I had on family medical issues so all I got left is a meager savings & social security & living on that alone & saving for a rainy day is not easy & getting harder everyday here so unless you have walked in my shoes don't throw stones coz they might bite you in your own ass someday, karma can work in strange ways & those who have could someday be those who no longer do & out begging on the street th_exactly.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Interesting in that the reason for the return was due to his Filipina wife wanting to leave not his. [Expats having affairs]... SJP52 gives another possible reason why not many of the 768 members post on the forum. Too busy enjoying the Philippines it seems 7_3_205[1].gif36_1_68[1].gif:hystery:13_4_10[1].gif:morning1:SugarwareZ-047.gif:th_exactly:
Uzi - I too thought Goldhearts reason to leave RP (his wife's preference) was interesting.I can only hope that SJP52's reason is as you illustrate it above... and that I fall prey to it.  Now, about Goldheart's wife's concerns, that would also be a good reason to.....  uhhhhhhhhhh... well, never mind... my asawa is reading over my shoulder.Tom in Texas
It takes a self confident woman to trust her husband and since my wife and I have met Gold Hearts wife and she is both beautiful and very self confident, so I really do not think that was the issue for his wife wanting to return to the states. I have found that family pressure can be a terrible burden for many women since many families are continually asking for money, or giving sob stories that tug at our heart strings, or even continually asking when you are going to have children, or more children, and other issues better left unsaid, and each of us deals with those and other things in our own ways, but IMO for Ron, family, work and travel would have been more of an issue than any other thing and I would be willing to bet money that they will be splitting their time between the Philippines and the US before long. :hystery:

MikeB
Posted
Posted
ohhh so it is pick on me day th_thimage_265775.gifth_exactly.gif maybe I like boys better than girls like my friend Jake hehehehe SugarwareZ-007.gif no one said I do not have girlfriends & some of the guys have met some of them. it is more about communication or lack thereof & finding someone who I would wish to spend the rest of my days with & the older I get the more I like my own company over that of someone who might just add more grief to my life coz I do not have money to give their family & speaking of guys who think they are better than some others nuff said.some of us are not rich like some of you who can afford to buy a house or condo so therefore must have a good income or good savings or both. I spent most of what I had on family medical issues so all I got left is a meager savings & social security & living on that alone & saving for a rainy day is not easy & getting harder everyday here so unless you have walked in my shoes don't throw stones coz they might bite you in your own ass someday, karma can work in strange ways & those who have could someday be those who no longer do & out begging on the street th_exactly.gif
I think you've made some valid points and I appreciate your pov. Thanks.

UZI
Posted
Posted
Uzi - I too thought Goldhearts reason to leave RP (his wife's preference) was interesting.I can only hope that SJP52's reason is as you illustrate it above... and that I fall prey to it. Now, about Goldheart's wife's concerns, that would also be a good reason to..... uhhhhhhhhhh... well, never mind... my asawa is reading over my shoulder.Tom in Texas
It takes a self confident woman to trust her husband and since my wife and I have met Gold Hearts wife and she is both beautiful and very self confident, so I really do not think that was the issue for his wife wanting to return to the states. I have found that family pressure can be a terrible burden for many women since many families are continually asking for money, or giving sob stories that tug at our heart strings, or even continually asking when you are going to have children, or more children, and other issues better left unsaid, and each of us deals with those and other things in our own ways, but IMO for Ron, family, work and travel would have been more of an issue than any other thing and I would be willing to bet money that they will be splitting their time between the Philippines and the US before long. :hystery:
Lee,My quote which you edited said:
Interesting in that the reason for the return was due to his Filipina wife wanting to leave not his. One of the reasons given was stories of Expats husbands having affairs.
I don't doubt for one second that it wasn't the main reason & that the family issues were, as anyone who reads his post can clearly see.The point was that it was A reason & maybe part of the reason for others returning too. We all know that Filipina's get jealous at times. Some probably more than others.It does seem that Ron's heart is still very much here.Uzi

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lee,My quote which you edited said:
Interesting in that the reason for the return was due to his Filipina wife wanting to leave not his. One of the reasons given was stories of Expats husbands having affairs.
I don't doubt for one second that it wasn't the main reason & that the family issues were, as anyone who reads his post can clearly see.The point was that it was A reason & maybe part of the reason for others returning too. We all know that Filipina's get jealous at times. Some probably more than others.It does seem that Ron's heart is still very much here.Uzi
Just to clarify, I did not edit anything in your post Uzi, and it would appear from going back on the posts that Tom in Texas put the [Expats having affairs] in there but it was not me and I do not believe it was any other mod who did it.