Would You Stay Or Go Home

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
ARTICLE VI Other Acts of Abuse(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000.00): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.
WOW...SugarwareZ-037.gif Talk about an unconstitutionally vague statute (if it were a U.S. rather than RP law) that they could beat you over the head with. The intent of the law may be good, but gee whiz... under this law, you could wind up in jail just for walking through any mall or just about any other place you can imagine.
"under this law, you could wind up in jail just for walking through any mall or just about any other place you can imagine." - Why would any of us be out with a 12 yr old who is NOT related to us or morally responsible ie a family friend entrusted to our company.?The bit I don't understand is "or who in (IS?) ten (10) years or more his junior" Does that mean a 30 year old caught with a 20 yr old?Lee,:cheersty: An excellent topic that probably needs more input & discussion. Why not split it off as it will hijack this thread. Uzi
While my post above could be one reason why people wish to go instead of stay (stupid laws that make no sense to those of us who have no ill intent, but they could still be used just to get money out of us) I did start a new topic HERE so we can discuss this law more there.