American Killed In Sanciangko/ Cebu City

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Just in on the news on TV. Seems this guy with a South Carolina USA drivers license was sending a 17 year old girl to school and paying the costs, but recently threw her out and cut her off, so it seems from the news that 5 teenage boys came and shot him 5 times and they do not know yet if it has anything to do with him cutting the girl off or not, but I guess it is a good bet. When will these guys learn to stop messing with underage girls? I just do not understand it, since there are so many beautiful girls here who are over 18, so why would anyone take the chance and mess with one under 18? Maybe there is more thrill because it is illegal? :cheersty:

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Could be he did not know her real age to. I have seen it where young girls claim to be older than they really are. Simple bending of the truth to get support of some sort.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

According to this, the gf was 16 and in a gang, the “Tanduay Survivors Clan”. Doesn't address motive but the name says a lot.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
According to this, the gf was 16 and in a gang, the “Tanduay Survivors Clan”. Doesn't address motive but the name says a lot.
Well that pretty much confirms my theory, just another dirtbag who probably could not satisfy a real woman, so he had to have an underage girlfriend. Sorry if the news is true, then I have no pity for adults who come here for sex with underage girls, when there are so many single girls of legal age available. Play with fire and there is a good chance you will get burned. Now in answer to Flyaway, only a fool would date a girl who even looks close to 18 without making sure she is 18 or over. The girl was still in high school, there had to be some tell tale signs, such as all schools here require uniforms. There is a law here making it illegal to just be alone in the presence of minors, so anyone who does not make sure of age, deserves what they get IMHO. The guy was 76, so what more needs to be said, just another pedo.
Two other members of the gang including the 16-year-old girlfriend of the victim and a certain Aldez “Boboy” Flores, 27 remain at large.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
Just in on the news on TV. Seems this guy with a South Carolina USA drivers license was sending a 17 year old girl to school and paying the costs, but recently threw her out and cut her off, so it seems from the news that 5 teenage boys came and shot him 5 times and they do not know yet if it has anything to do with him cutting the girl off or not, but I guess it is a good bet. When will these guys learn to stop messing with underage girls? I just do not understand it, since there are so many beautiful girls here who are over 18, so why would anyone take the chance and mess with one under 18? Maybe there is more thrill because it is illegal? :unsure:
I was just playing devils advocate to the information you provided Brother Lee. :unsure: Always more to the story. Guess I always look at multiple facets of stories. Like;How old was the man? School? does that mean High School or College?High School graduates at 16 in Philippines.No photo's of the girl so no way of knowing appearance. (my wife is 36 and still gets carded a lot)Based on what new information has now been posted, have to agree with everyone. 76 and with a high school girl? Yeah, that's a wreck waiting to happen.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I'm not so quick to jump to the conclusion that the old guy was a dirtbag. The article says she was his "girlfriend", based upon what - her word or the others? Consider the source. Maybe he was, or maybe he had a kind heart and was helping her out and they tried to rob him. Or he refused to give money so they shot him. All we have is one side, no telling what was going on.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I'm not so quick to jump to the conclusion that the old guy was a dirtbag. The article says she was his "girlfriend", based upon what - her word or the others? Consider the source. Maybe he was, or maybe he had a kind heart and was helping her out and they tried to rob him. Or he refused to give money so they shot him. All we have is one side, no telling what was going on.
I guess based on the security guards words in the article, because usually guards are not allowed to let strangers go up to peoples apartments, so she most likely had to be known to him. But you may be correct, anything is possible here in the Pilifines. :unsure:
Security Guard Nelson Barquio did not immediately allow all members of the group to enter the apartment. Barquio told the police that he only allowed the victim’s girlfriend, Flores and Galliste to go up leaving the two others behind.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Take a look at the differences in reporting styles between the news media's. Talk about getting bits and pieces from them all. Now it was out of jealousy? Makes me wonder if the guy found out her real age perhaps? So much can be speculated about this whole incident.http://globalnation....-members-linkedAn American national was shot dead in his apartment in Cebu City in a killing that police believe involved a youth gang and jealousy. Police said five suspects were involved, including a 16-year-old girl who planned the attack after her relationship with the American turned sour. An apartment security guard stopped a 17-year-old boy and another 16-year-old girl from leaving the building after Leamon Wesley Casteen Jr. was shot dead. Casteen, a native of South Carolina, USA, was found past 9 p.m. on Wednesday with multiple gunshot wounds in his body at the second floor of the Sanchez Apartment along Sanciangko Street. The guard Nelson Barquio told police he stopped the two teenagers who tried to leave the apartment after the killing. Police said the suspects were constant visitors of the American and former members of the Crips gang who had formed their own group called “Tanduay Survivors Clan” made up mostly of minors. Recovered from the American’s room was a .45 pistol, a .38 revolver, deformed slugs, magazines and clothes with bloodstains. A bag was also found in the elevator. Yesterday afternoon, Jordan Cyril Galliste, 18, of barangay Mambaling, Cebu City, surrendered to the police. His father brought him to the station after operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detective Management Branch led by Chief Insp. George Ylanan went to the house of Galliste, who was tagged a suspect in the killing. Ylanan said Galliste and the 17-year-old boy in police custody admitted during investigation that they were the gunmen. Police are still looking for two other persons involved in the crime. Police said the 16-year-old girl who was detained admitted that she was present when the plan to kill the American was made. She said another 16-year-old girlfriend masterminded the attack. PO2 Jodan Batucan said the alleged mastermind Mia (not her real name) had stayed with the American for two weeks then got upset after their relationship turned sour. She allegedly suspected that the American was seeing another girl. “Siya man ang nagplano nga ipapusil kay wa na ganahi sa iyaha ang Amerikano,” said the 16-year-old girl in police custody. (She was the one who planned the shooting because the American no longer wanted to be with her.)

Candyman
Posted
Posted

I think there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye, or what is being reported in the papers ! What matters is another foreigner is dead for whatever reason, and that is one extra too many ! There also seems to be an increase in these "gang like activities" in Cebu City, or is it just me ?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. . . There also seems to be an increase in these "gang like activities" in Cebu City, or is it just me ?
I have noticed that they are either becoming more aggressive, or maybe just more so against foreigners, or maybe just reported more because it sells newspapers, but they have been here and been active for a long time.