Philippines Pride

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
Hey Boss Man, I did not realise that you live in Brisbane, my daughter (Sara) and her husband (Stew), (and soon to be grand daughter) moved to Brisbane from England last year. When they had the flooding I was concerned for their safety, however they were fine. My son (Paul,who lives in England with his family) just finished a visit to Australia. They went from Sydney, to Darwin, then Brisbane and back to Sydney before returning to England. He sent me an e-mail stating " not to worry about Sara and Stew, they are fine, and we had some great fishing out of the living room window!" Ha ha he has his mothers sense of humour.I refer to Paul and Sara as my son and daughter, because they feel like they are my children, as they were very young when I married their mother (english) back in the UK.Paul, who was born in Sydney, now lives in the UK with his family, and keeps in touch with me, finds my current life style on the funny side and stays in touch. Unfortunately Sara (who was born in the UK, but now lives in Australia) has never accepted the fact that I married a woman who is younger than she is, and we have very little contact any more.)CarlMike B:I tried responding to each of these different threads by clicking "reply" but when I tried to "send" it just kept coming up, that the number of outgoing quotes does not match the number of incoming? Not sure what I am doing wrong so unfortunately I am sending all replies in one thread. More than likely is something simple, but it seems that my simple brain is working even less with old age.To all the rest in regards to this thread, .... to each their own. In London, and Kingston in Canada, as well as in London and Dunstable in England, it is also illegal to take your dog for a walk and not clean up when they have a dump. There are bins for you to deposit your bags of doggy doo doo.However I take on board the comments here, and in fact fully understand, as I also had my water bucket stolen from outside my house, along with the "rubbish bin" I had out there. In fact they even stole the pots that my plants were in!!! Thankfully they left the plants, just stole the plastic and tin pots!!!So I do understand your frustration. Including the fact that just finding a rubbish bin, while walking in town is almost impossible.Ellie would agree with you, as she is always complaining about the used candy wrappers, cig butts, etc. that she finds in my trouser/short pockets when she is doing the laundry!Not sure why I persist with this rubbish thing, maybe it is because I can't change so many other things, like corruption, bribes, etc etc. however with this one thing I can take action and do something.Ramblings of an old man, some would say, and they are probably right, which is one of the reasons this site is the best!All the best and thanks for all your comments.Carl
Its a small world Carl,yes I have lived here for about elven years and before that in the state of Victoria. To maybe help you with your posting problems have a look at some of these topics.http://www.philippin...indpost&p=10888 http://www.philippin...indpost&p=36432 Also the help files have some good information.The best way is to try again in the test forum if something is confusing you but remember to always reply or add text after the last quote tag.This image below shows what is the last quote tag of a post, note the slash. post-1-0-52251100-1304497688_thumb.gif
Two minds think alike! I decided today to work my way through as many forums as I could to catch up on who is who and how to do what correctly. I read the two posted above and have tried it several times, but somehow still seem to be making a mistake. I will try with this response once again to use the "Reply" button. I know I am typing in the correct place (just below the (/quote) on the bottom left of the thread. However am unable to find out how to make it"go" from there other than to push the "add reply" button which then sends me to another page to do the complete thing again. I will persist and conquer! Just have patience with my foolish old mind. Carl

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

About the littering, they just need to post more signs. :)Sign on the Samar-Leyte Bridge. Second is a sign on the Agas Agas Bridge. Still watched a few people throw paper wrappers off the Agas Agas. Tossing of trash is what made me take the photo.

post-635-0-15761500-1304500029_thumb.jpg

post-635-0-42897800-1304500054_thumb.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hey Boss Man, I did not realise that you live in Brisbane, my daughter (Sara) and her husband (Stew), (and soon to be grand daughter) moved to Brisbane from England last year. When they had the flooding I was concerned for their safety, however they were fine. My son (Paul,who lives in England with his family) just finished a visit to Australia. They went from Sydney, to Darwin, then Brisbane and back to Sydney before returning to England. He sent me an e-mail stating " not to worry about Sara and Stew, they are fine, and we had some great fishing out of the living room window!" Ha ha he has his mothers sense of humour.I refer to Paul and Sara as my son and daughter, because they feel like they are my children, as they were very young when I married their mother (english) back in the UK.Paul, who was born in Sydney, now lives in the UK with his family, and keeps in touch with me, finds my current life style on the funny side and stays in touch. Unfortunately Sara (who was born in the UK, but now lives in Australia) has never accepted the fact that I married a woman who is younger than she is, and we have very little contact any more.)CarlMike B:I tried responding to each of these different threads by clicking "reply" but when I tried to "send" it just kept coming up, that the number of outgoing quotes does not match the number of incoming? Not sure what I am doing wrong so unfortunately I am sending all replies in one thread. More than likely is something simple, but it seems that my simple brain is working even less with old age.To all the rest in regards to this thread, .... to each their own. In London, and Kingston in Canada, as well as in London and Dunstable in England, it is also illegal to take your dog for a walk and not clean up when they have a dump. There are bins for you to deposit your bags of doggy doo doo.However I take on board the comments here, and in fact fully understand, as I also had my water bucket stolen from outside my house, along with the "rubbish bin" I had out there. In fact they even stole the pots that my plants were in!!! Thankfully they left the plants, just stole the plastic and tin pots!!!So I do understand your frustration. Including the fact that just finding a rubbish bin, while walking in town is almost impossible.Ellie would agree with you, as she is always complaining about the used candy wrappers, cig butts, etc. that she finds in my trouser/short pockets when she is doing the laundry!Not sure why I persist with this rubbish thing, maybe it is because I can't change so many other things, like corruption, bribes, etc etc. however with this one thing I can take action and do something.Ramblings of an old man, some would say, and they are probably right, which is one of the reasons this site is the best!All the best and thanks for all your comments.Carl
Its a small world Carl,yes I have lived here for about elven years and before that in the state of Victoria. To maybe help you with your posting problems have a look at some of these topics.http://www.philippin...indpost&p=10888 http://www.philippin...indpost&p=36432 Also the help files have some good information.The best way is to try again in the test forum if something is confusing you but remember to always reply or add text after the last quote tag.This image below shows what is the last quote tag of a post, note the slash. post-1-0-52251100-1304497688_thumb.gif
Two minds think alike! I decided today to work my way through as many forums as I could to catch up on who is who and how to do what correctly. I read the two posted above and have tried it several times, but somehow still seem to be making a mistake. I will try with this response once again to use the "Reply" button. I know I am typing in the correct place (just below the (/quote) on the bottom left of the thread. However am unable to find out how to make it"go" from there other than to push the "add reply" button which then sends me to another page to do the complete thing again. I will persist and conquer! Just have patience with my foolish old mind. Carl
Plenty of patience hereEven though I have hijacked this thread and will probably move these posts out later I will just try to clarify which button does what.post-1-0-35883900-1304501033_thumb.gifpost-1-0-64664900-1304501279_thumb.gifpost-1-0-22289600-1304501056_thumb.gif

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
Plenty of patience hereEven though I have hijacked this thread and will probably move these posts out later I will just try to clarify which button does what.post-1-0-35883900-1304501033_thumb.gifpost-1-0-64664900-1304501279_thumb.gifpost-1-0-22289600-1304501056_thumb.gif
Boss Man, did I get it right? Sorry for not doing so in the test thread.Carl

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
About the littering, they just need to post more signs. :)Sign on the Samar-Leyte Bridge. Second is a sign on the Agas Agas Bridge. Still watched a few people throw paper wrappers off the Agas Agas. Tossing of trash is what made me take the photo.
Thanks Flyaway, I guess people are trying, and it certainly can't hurt can it. Maybe that is the trick! Employ someone to stand and take pictures of all those who either can't read english, or choose not to read, or choose not to pay attention? Carl

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Boss Man, did I get it right? Sorry for not doing so in the test thread.Carl
So far looks fine to me,I also tested the multi quote feature in the test thread if you want to look to see what it looks like when using the multi quote button.http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?showtopic=8451&view=findpost&p=40940

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Thanks Flyaway, I guess people are trying, and it certainly can't hurt can it. Maybe that is the trick! Employ someone to stand and take pictures of all those who either can't read english, or choose not to read, or choose not to pay attention? Carl
If anyone has been in SBMA Duty Free Port in Olongapo City, they have signs everywhere along the roads "do not litter"! Try it, it'll cost you around P1,000 in penalty fines to find out! Their patrol vehicles are out in force and they all have sharp eyes out looking for litter bugs!

• 10 months later...
DavidandBless
Posted
Posted

We always have a hard time finding a trash can in the Philippines. I think people will throw their trash everwhere because there are no trash can in site. They don't have public restrooms too, like what they have in San Francisco. No toilet papers and no toilet seat paper cover(if you are lucky to find one that has a toilet seat, lol).

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
We always have a hard time finding a trash can in the Philippines. I think people will throw their trash everwhere because there are no trash can in site. They don't have public restrooms too, like what they have in San Francisco. No toilet papers and no toilet seat paper cover(if you are lucky to find one that has a toilet seat, lol).
I think the problem of trash cans is stopping them from going missing then the cost of collecting as well if a trash can stayed put. :lol:
  • Like 2

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

We had trash cans in the playgrounds of our subdivision. First some plastic ones with lid, nice ones. Gone missing two days after. Then some half steel barrels with lid and nicely painted, gone missing within a week. then some made from trucks tires to bins, gone missing within a week.Then a huge meeting and blah blah and everyone agree and pride and signs and more blah blah....We installed 5 (one at each playground) from galvanized steel with lid and big ones so not to be able to fit in household, welded to the base which was cemented to the sidewalk, gone next day in the morning they were not existing!!!!They said they have seen NPA rebels stealing them but they could not talk due to the guns....Such a joke!!!! I saw them for sale but painted in different color at a junk shop a few kilometers away, funny enough i stopped and was asking for ball bearings and decorational woods while looking around, guess what, all the stolen bins types of our subdivision were there, repainted. selling price? More than what we bought them!!! I reported that to the officers of our place, they went there and they said "no these were not ours, too expensive to be ours...and the guy bought them from a supplier in White Plains subdivision (it's similar to Maria louisa sudb in cebu)"it was the time i needed 6 cold san migs and a couple of bbq hungarian sausages...what else to do or say...No more trashcans, no more "dustermen" (as my son calls the street cleaners LOL) and everyone does his/her own part to keep the place clean. It works better and cheaper.

• Like 1