Philippines Pride

DavidandBless
Posted
Posted

Wth! They steal trashcans? Lol, that is so funny.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
trash cans in the playgrounds of our subdivision.
Try this tactic perhaps?rfa0.jpg

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Dave any one with a trusty bolo could take those in 2 mins. ..... but the chain might take a bit longer ...... and probably cart them off on that bicycle ....... :) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted

Somewhere along the road I am trudging, I realised that I will go nowhere if I will keep on thinking how bad the shape of my country is, how distorted we are in terms of values and morals Just look at a little girl dancing aka Sexbomb girls and the parents so proud about it. It is sad but I should need to understand that in an impoverished countryside, this is already a recreation!So many times I told Alan, when he will begin his narrative about my culture that i can't fight and change the system, but I can contribute a little in my own way to the community I belong. That to me, is my Filipino pride!

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

IMHO I believe that each and every one of us (once) living in the Philippines are resposnsible for maintaining a high level of "Philippine Pride" and not just those born here... In other words, we should all get off our butts instead of complaining and do what we can to make this a better place for everybody! Does this mean we have to go out and change people? NO! What we need to do is start treating this country and it's people with respect! Share - not push - our experiences with others... Help the kids learn morals through helping out at (sanctioned) youth groups and playgrounds... Be a volunteer at a school... Help the elderly! Become a boysout again and help an elderly person across the street if they arae having problems... Share a meal with someone who isn't able to look after themselves fully... Keep our houses and yards clean and bright... Help our neighbours do the same - Joe next door is pruning a tree? Offer to help! The more we do locally, the more pride our neighbours and friends will have too - it's contagious!!! If enough of us are doing this, before you know it, the whole city will be!! And then the country!!! Call me a throw-back to the dark ages but I would love it if we could change the world into acting as if this is one of TV's 1950s family shows!!! Where's the Beav, June? Oh, Ward, Wally took him to Mayberry to go fishing wih his friend Opie and Sherrif Andy!Hey! I can dream, can't I? Hehe! :)

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Yes we should teach other people by our example. If I have an empty wrapper I will take it home and put it in the trash ( rubbish for us Brits). I was in dalaguette a few weeks ago visiting my GF cousin.A woman was walking with her children when one of them dropped a glass bottle and it broke well they walked away as if nothing had happened. I said to my GF" get me a dustpan and brush so we can clean up that glass." Her response was "why should I clean it up I did not put it there" So I said "but someone could hurt themselves and they cannot afford hospital treatment" Well her and her family were not convinced so I said "what if june ( her cousins BF) comes back on his motorbike and hits it ,falls off and hurts himself" Well then they understood and it got cleared up.Kevin

• Like 3

daisy
Posted
Posted

and my friend once told me, "it's obvious that there's a foreigner in this house" then pointed out our covered plastic trash cans with black garbage bags! :cheersty: Poor us Filipinos.. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Oh, there is a lot of filipino pride alright, but there is definitely lack of self-discipline!It doesn’t matter, if you’re a filipino born rich or poor. The self-discipline is very apparently lacking. Maybe some could do it one, two, three times then it wane. Seems, theres a lack of strength in keeping your conviction. Probably why the country is in rot. Discipline starts at home and should be sustained throughout your adulthood.One time, when I visited my family in PI, it was fun, nice to see the family, etc, etc. Then one day, my niece was easting some sweets. She opened the wrapper and just nilly willy damp the wrapper where she was standing. I waited for my sisters reaction if we will tell off my niece but she didn’t do nothing. I couldn’t believe it. When we were young our mother was insistent of learn to picked up ourselves and be self sufficient. So what happens to all that teaching then.Don’t get me wrong, my niece is actually very nice, sweet and very dutiful daughter. But somehow, along the way, my sister lost her way and had not imparted what our parents taught us. Anyway, as nothing has been said about my niece behaviour, I told the niece in everyones hearing that what she is doing is not right and not acceptable. She must learn to picked up after herself not be minging just as her grandparents taught us. So could she please pick up her rubbish and put it in the bin and I do not want to see her again dropping rubbish nilly willy.Well, it seems to work because everyone in the family seems to behave – well when im around anyway :hystery:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Oh, there is a lot of filipino pride alright, but there is definitely lack of self-discipline! It doesn’t matter, if you’re a filipino born rich or poor. The self-discipline is very apparently lacking.
such a TRUE statement,, then if you try or attempt a Constructive criticism, Daxx they get soo defensive .
So I said "but someone could hurt themselves and they cannot afford hospital treatment" Well her and her family were not convinced so I said "what if june ( her cousins BF) comes back on his motorbike and hits it ,falls off and hurts himself" Well then they understood and it got cleared up.
Good, very well put, by making them be aware of their actions you have shown them how they can help and "not be " part of the problem but the solution