My Own Experiences And Impressions From "internet Dating"

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Here's some question for the more experienced expats in Philippines. Is internet dating a waste of time?PH have so many gorgeous ladies everywhere, so why waste time on Internet?Have any of you ended up with a lady you met on internet, or did you find your girlfriend/wife out there in real life? In Thailand a decent good lady need 'wine-and-dine' for 3-6 months, before entering a relationship.A half decent lady need one dinner and one movie.Similar in the Philippines? Last night a Filipina added me on yahoo chat, so I accepted and started to chat. She open cam and she looks very young, her profile say 18 years. After 1 minute of hello how are you etc, she suddenly take of her top and shows her 'you know what'. I'm not a prude, but I was chocked. Next surprise follows immediately when she stops her cam, and ask for contribution to see more! I guess I've just met my first pro scammer,and that's why I today ask, "is it worth the time"?

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Here's some question for the more experienced expats in Philippines. Is internet dating a waste of time?PH have so many gorgeous ladies everywhere, so why waste time on Internet?Have any of you ended up with a lady you met on internet, or did you find your girlfriend/wife out there in real life? In Thailand a decent good lady need 'wine-and-dine' for 3-6 months, before entering a relationship.A half decent lady need one dinner and one movie.Similar in the Philippines? Last night a Filipina added me on yahoo chat, so I accepted and started to chat. She open cam and she looks very young, her profile say 18 years. After 1 minute of hello how are you etc, she suddenly take of her top and shows her 'you know what'. I'm not a prude, but I was chocked. Next surprise follows immediately when she stops her cam, and ask for contribution to see more!I guess I've just met my first pro scammer,and that's why I today ask, "is it worth the time"?
That's not a scammer. She made you a straightforward business proposition and you accepted or not (no need to answer). A scammer is someone who uses deception and lies to con you out of money and there are some good ones. The best are not obvious, they bait the line and take their time, using sympathy and their considerable female wiles.
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
PH have so many gorgeous ladies everywhere, so why waste time on Internet?
Good question. The guys I know who are putting in time on the dating sites are trying to cover as much ground as possible with as little leg work. It means they don't want to do the wine and dine thing, they just want to line 'em up and bed 'en down with as little effort as possible. Trouble is the girls who are Internet savvy are doing the same thing and if thats what both are looking for then they should both be in the bar. Of course there are the exceptions, but there are exceptions in the bar too. Its my opinion that some of the girls you meet on line are addicted to online dating. That means after you have them, hook line and sinker, and they have moved in, they will quickly get bored and go back to the Internet to get back in the chase game. Again similar to many bar girls. Go figure.
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Good question. The guys I know who are putting in time on the dating sites are trying to cover as much ground as possible with as little leg work. It means they don't want to do the wine and dine thing, they just want to line 'em up and bed 'en down with as little effort as possible. Trouble is the girls who are Internet savvy are doing the same thing and if thats what both are looking for then they should both be in the bar. Of course there are the exceptions, but there are exceptions in the bar too. Its my opinion that some of the girls you meet on line are addicted to online dating. That means after you have them, hook line and sinker, and they have moved in, they will quickly get bored and go back to the Internet to get back in the chase game. Again similar to many bar girls. Go figure.
I have another theory: a lot of us are retired and have time to "waste". I'm not really a bar person either. Been there......

RetiredNavyGuy
Posted
Posted

Amen to that MikeB

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I agree.If you can visit Philippines for an extended vacation I think that is the best way to meet a nice Filipina. Have friends introduce you to some good lady's.
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I know of many men who have met great partners on the internet, but if nothing else, using those chats and emails to learn about the culture, and to try to sort through the many, to find the few who might be compatible, is IMO one good way to meet a great partner. I met my wife before the internet via letters she sent me, when her friend gave her my name and address, and it was the best thing I ever did. I learned a lot via those letters and my many phone calls to her, about what type of person she was, and then the eye to eye only confirmed it all. Internet dating is an age old question that has been debated to death on forums, yet if a person does not wish to spend all the time and money wining and dining a person until they find a compatible partner, then internet dating can save a person tons of money and lots of time. How many times have each of us dated in our own country, only to find the girls or ladies we dated were not what we sought. I know in my younger years I dated many girls until I found one who I married, and even then I really did not know her, and thus my divorce from her, so I wish that I had the internet back then, because people tend to let their hair down when not in person, yet in person tend to put up fronts, so on the phone and on the internet IMO is a good way to get a good feel of who a person might actually be, before the eye to eye dating begins.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I agree with you Kuya Lee on much of you observations of internet dating. This is a relatively new dating way. Although, many will let their hair down, there will be many who will use it as a way to be deceptive. As the years have passed, there are more and more tools on the internet that a person ca use to check out their potential partner. Such things as face book and the like. It just takes some motivation and time. As for me, I was not really into internet dating when I met my wife. I did use the internet, but it was only to locate pencils with similar interest, desires, and of course with a picture! I wrote several and finally settled on the one who would become my wife. We wrote letters for about a year before I felt it was time to meet her in person and see if the relationship had legs. It was the best trip I ever had by myself and meeting her in PI. We knew so much about each other when I arrived and both of us felt we had known each other our whole lives. That was seven years ago and we continue planning our future together.There is something about letter writing and the anticipation of receiving a letter. It just seems a little more romantic. Also, at least for me, I think people are more honest in letters than on the internet. They write a letter and the other person has it in their hand to hold and a connection is bonded. But times are changing and the internet speeds things up. As mentioned above, people have realized, that anything tell about yourself is much easier to be cheeked out now to the point that anyone savvy with a computer can be their own detective.danny

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Back in the mid 80's is when my whole life was rejuvenated again, after 5 years of being divorced.Of course, back then there was no internet and cell phones. Only AT&T (with expensive operator assist), slow paced mail and sending FTD flowers. We corresponded for several months, until Icame back and eventual ask her Lola for permission to be engaged. I suppose that today's audio, text and video communications has its advantages but almost everyweek, hackers and scammers are getting more and more tech savvy. Even "live cam" conferencecan be deceiving, until your actual face to face meeting with an 80 year old. I'm still old school,preferring long term letter correspondence and phone calls. Below is a photo of Judy when I firstmet her in 1983: post-1-0-66955300-1312975254.jpg

Edited by Boss Man
added pic
  • Like 2