My Own Experiences And Impressions From "internet Dating"

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Interesting conversation online I had with a good female friend of of mine, a Filipina with a new boyfriend from Australia. I asked her his age , she says he is 45 I say crap maybe around 60 or 65 as I seen the photos. Now whether it is his doing or she does not want to admit his age I am not sure but the age that was given to me was 45. No way.
I would have to guess that men who are not experienced with Filipinas do not realize that their age is not as important to the ladies as back in their own countries. Who else has family or friends who have had men or women try to scam them? The men try to scam the women out of sex or to show their bodies with promises of money and the women seem to be more interested in how much money they can scam out of as many men as they can.
  • Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
After reading this.... 26per cent of American women were found to be on at least one drug for mental health disorders. Perhaps "online Filipina dating" is not so bad an idea. post-285-0-58049100-1321615750_thumb.jpg
Notice how the graph shows boys use medication slightly more than girls, but not when they're older.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
After reading this.... 26per cent of American women were found to be on at least one drug for mental health disorders. Perhaps "online Filipina dating" is not so bad an idea. post-285-0-58049100-1321615750_thumb.jpg
Notice how the graph shows boys use medication slightly more than girls, but not when they're older.
Yea, that would be another topic the drugging of Americans schoolboys. Riddlin is the preferred easy answer even demanded by many elementary teachers and counselors mostly women who are unwilling or able to channel young male energy creatively.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

What came first, the chicken or the egg? The same question to the scammers, the men scammers or the women scammers? I understand both sides and have seen and experienced both. Basically as Mike has said, we have all seen women who are looking for money, and all they can swindle form as many men as they could scam. And also as Lee has stated, many men just looking for the sex with little or no good intentions. I think we can all agree that both of these kind of people do exist and can be found anywhere, especially on the internet dating sites. But the real argument begins when we try to explain our views as to which came first, the chicken or the egg,…. I mean the male or female scammer. Now I would admit, I can not answer that question or most others for that matter, with complete accuracy. However, my view is based on my observations and is only my opinion. Knowing the nature of men, I would usually lean toward the men starting the scamming. But the economic conditions of the Philippines could easily turn a good lady person into a scammer. So, considering all this information, I still think the majority of the blame would be placed on the egg, I mean the man.danny

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My 2 cents. I joined a popular dating site when I started thinking about moving to Phils about two years ago. My experiences were about the same as the OP. I have been on and off with it since but started using it seriously a several months ago. It is a lot of work to screen out the good ones but they do exist, I am sure of it. If you are serious, put serious requirements in your profile along with warnings that you will not be scammed, and it will scare off many who are just scamming. It cut down my replies a lot after I did that. Of course, you still have to deal with those that don't even read the profile. Adding your intent to live in Phils also cuts out some who are looking for a visa. It seems that one of the popular scams running now is a picture of a beautiful Filipina and she is a stewardess and she had a visa for the US and she will only contact a man in the US and she has to leave now! I hope there are not guys falling for that! You will probably be asked to send money for a ticket to Nigeria! :thumbsup: All the women indicate that there are a lot of men playing games there as well, and I am sure that is true to a certain extent. So why did I go this route? After I moved from Germany back to the US, the job put me in Northern Kentucky. Unfortunately, the stories are true. Unless you like large obese women who smoke and care nothing about their health, the pickings here are slim. It is a sad commentary about the state of the union. It is somewhat different in other states like California, my home state, but at my age I can't afford to change jobs and try to afford living and retiring in California. So retiring in Phils seems to be a good option. Ideally, living there and meeting someone there would be the best option, but for those of us still working, that is not always practical. Internet dating offers the opportunity to do some pre-screening with the possibility of meeting someone with the qualities you desire. In any case, I may have met a winner there, so wish me luck. I'm going to meet her at Christmas when I am there. Educated, professional, conservative, late 30s, attractive, works for an American company, and from a family of professionals. Only time will tell but the odds seem good. I am not looking for a young girl. Tempting but I don't think it would work for me. I need a lot of mental stimulation as well as physical stimulation! :unsure: I prefer someone with life experience.

• Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
My 2 cents. I joined a popular dating site when I started thinking about moving to Phils about two years ago. My experiences were about the same as the OP. I have been on and off with it since but started using it seriously a several months ago. It is a lot of work to screen out the good ones but they do exist, I am sure of it. If you are serious, put serious requirements in your profile along with warnings that you will not be scammed, and it will scare off many who are just scamming. It cut down my replies a lot after I did that. Of course, you still have to deal with those that don't even read the profile. Adding your intent to live in Phils also cuts out some who are looking for a visa. It seems that one of the popular scams running now is a picture of a beautiful Filipina and she is a stewardess and she had a visa for the US and she will only contact a man in the US and she has to leave now! I hope there are not guys falling for that! You will probably be asked to send money for a ticket to Nigeria! :thumbsup: All the women indicate that there are a lot of men playing games there as well, and I am sure that is true to a certain extent. So why did I go this route? After I moved from Germany back to the US, the job put me in Northern Kentucky. Unfortunately, the stories are true. Unless you like large obese women who smoke and care nothing about their health, the pickings here are slim. It is a sad commentary about the state of the union. It is somewhat different in other states like California, my home state, but at my age I can't afford to change jobs and try to afford living and retiring in California. So retiring in Phils seems to be a good option. Ideally, living there and meeting someone there would be the best option, but for those of us still working, that is not always practical. Internet dating offers the opportunity to do some pre-screening with the possibility of meeting someone with the qualities you desire. In any case, I may have met a winner there, so wish me luck. I'm going to meet her at Christmas when I am there. Educated, professional, conservative, late 30s, attractive, works for an American company, and from a family of professionals. Only time will tell but the odds seem good. I am not looking for a young girl. Tempting but I don't think it would work for me. I need a lot of mental stimulation as well as physical stimulation! :unsure: I prefer someone with life experience.
I wish you the best of luck. I believe you have found the key, maturity.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Of course they became scammers because evil men forced them. Whatever. I don't care. You have the last word I'm through.
Since I see this topic pop up again and I read this post of yours again, I feel the need to reply, not because I have to have the last word but because I do not know where the heck you are coming from. You could just have as easily answered my question, what is your gf's opinion instead of coping an attitude. If your gf had been internet dating than surely her opinion is better yours.Mike my posts are in my opinion and from my personal experience, your posts are in your opinion and from your personal experiences, so based on your last post, does that mean that you feel that only you can be correct, and only your opinions are valid, and the only ones that count on this forum. I know that is not my thought and everyone's experiences and opinion counts, even those I disagree with. I only have a problem when people post supposed facts and cannot back them up.
  • Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

The best Advice ever is get off your ass and come here.. don,t worry about meeting girls online its never what your mind expects the internet romance is far far from realistic .. Once you meet your internet love and see she speaks little english and looks nothing like her picture you will wonder who was I talking to ? There so many beautiful women here , sweet , loyal, caring .and they are every where and chances are far better to weed out scammers in person .. Come here meet women easy .. When you think you have found a good one take her to meet other expats wifes watch carefully on how they get along .. Good girls stick together and become friends very fast

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Mike S,Your argument of pre-arranging potential mates prior to arrival does have some merit. In fact, from the pointof logistical expediency you need to line them up, sort of setting up layaways at Wal-Mart. Perhaps a few tastetests might be in order.....he, he.For example, 21 days tourist visa and with a restrictive budget, one needs to have a master plan to explore allthe ladies waiting for you. If you/she doesn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling upon arrival, then on to the next one.But on the other hand, at least one will probably melt my heart immediately and I'm already over-stayed and withno money. And probably no honey either.....he, he.Bottom line, whether you go with internet dating or just go there naked and virgin -- JUST GO! A once in a lifetimeopportunity may be totally gone forever, if you continue to just sit there mopin' and gropin' oneself. By the way, my slogan in life on a NIKE t-shirt is JUST DID IT.I'm still your number one sports fan -- Jakepost-686-0-32368300-1326843139_thumb.jpg

Edited by JAKE