My Own Experiences And Impressions From "internet Dating"

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not meaning to hijack this topic and I will delete this post later.JODECan you check your Pm's and read the one I sent you 4 or 5 days ago.This is what happens when incorrect Email address is attached to members profiles while they still have notifications set to be sent for things like, "likes"These are all for you.post-1-0-11309500-1332908004_thumb.gif

• Like 1

jode
Posted
Posted
Privileged Member 90 posts Local time: 09:08 PM 0 topics Gender:Male Location:Texas, USA Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:01 AM But then again I've never understood all the lies that seem to go with dating. I've never been a doctor, an astronaut, or even a Playboy photographer. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the truth. If I start making crap up I'd really be confused. I think I mentioned in another thread about this that I had a few girls from all over the place writing just to say they liked the honesty in my profile. Make it clear what you are looking for and don't play games.
Yes I have talked to many girls about their online dating experiences. Its amazing how many CIA and FBI agents there are in the Cebu area. Or business men who suddenly disappear on them due to an important business deal somewhere else, only to be spotted in Ayala or SM later.Of course these are the sex-pats, and they are probably the majority of foreigners who come here for filipinas. They will say anything and out-right lie to get their pleasure and then disappear. They never have any intention to do right by the poor girl who is hopeing for a lifetime partner. Most are probably married already.The ones with some conscience leave her at least better off financially, and with memories of sweet lovemaking on her mind and not depravity. The girl I have chatted the longest, had a German guy take her virginity but at least he was good to her and bought her family a washing machine and other stuff before disappearing without a word of explanation. Nevertheless she spent years thinking constantly of what happened to him, what she might have done to make him leave, and expecting against all reason, that he will reappear some day and make good his promises to her. She used to beg me to find him for her in USA (like I could find a guy named Wolf with no last name and no picture).I have approached that level of sleaziness at times so don't take too superior an attitude about it. However I would never outright lie to a girl and am around for them forever as a friend. I don't always readily volunteer information. I have noticed that when asked a direct question here that you don't want to answer, you can change the subject or simply not answer and it must be in their culture not to press the point because they don't. I leave them to draw their own conclusions from my response. Most of the time I will answer truthfully even when it hurts me very badly with them to do so. However for showing them the respect to be honest it usually doesn't end their interest in me.I came here with the intention of finding "the one", and to be sure she is the one you have to test drive many in one way or another. Thank God I finally settled on my present partner she knows all about me and I all about her and she is even frinds with a couple of my old paramours. I even admitted to her that i had a vacation here before meeting her in person but after chatting for months and that i was here for 30 days before meeting her. I wanted to check out the competition first and save the best for last.That unsolicited confession of mine caused endless problems and almost ended the relationship with her before it really starting in person. I regretted many times that confession as it made her so paranoid and colored her perception of me. However in the end I am glad i don't have that big lie hanging over us any more and many months of blissful togetherness here have put it in the past.
  • Like 2

gottawannalive
Posted
Posted

I got half way through this post and I said bola bola. Sorry but I can read between the lines.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Sorry but I can read between the lines.
You may need to practice that 'reading between the lines' thing. When the poster writes things like:
Its amazing how many CIA and FBI agents there are in the Cebu area. Or business men who suddenly disappear on them due to an important business deal somewhere else
then you need to read between the lines to realize that sarcasm is meant. Those of us who live here full time know what he meant. You would be shocked to see how many 'shooters' :hystery: live in my neighborhood.
  • Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

this topic is both related to "scams" and the possible pitfalls on internet datinghttp://philippines-expats.com/index.php?/topic/3217-falling-for-internet-date-cost-american-p100000/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
phildiver
Posted
Posted

I came to the Philippines in May of 2005. Suffered an MyocardiaI Infarction in June of the same year. Was feeling better by end of July but was so horny. I went on CB. Said that I wanted to meet someone for fun and sex and that I was here to stay so if they were looking to move to the states to keep looking. I got one response. We corresponded for a month onine using messenger and skype and clicked really good. I went to Davao at the end of August to meet her and it was great. However, I exerted myself so much in bed with her I ended up in the hospital (Davao Doc Hospital) for three days with a pleural effusion LOL. Lynn and I have been together ever since and we have a beautiful 4 1/2 year old girl. Turns out Lynn was also a Canadian citizen and didn't need my money so go figure. Must have been karma.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I came to the Philippines in May of 2005. Suffered an MyocardiaI Infarction in June of the same year. Was feeling better by end of July but was so horny. I went on CB. Said that I wanted to meet someone for fun and sex and that I was here to stay so if they were looking to move to the states to keep looking. I got one response. We corresponded for a month onine using messenger and skype and clicked really good. I went to Davao at the end of August to meet her and it was great. However, I exerted myself so much in bed with her I ended up in the hospital (Davao Doc Hospital) for three days with a pleural effusion LOL. Lynn and I have been together ever since and we have a beautiful 4 1/2 year old girl. Turns out Lynn was also a Canadian citizen and didn't need my money so go figure. Must have been karma.

Your story definitely sounds like you two were meant to be together! Not to mention humorous too!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Ok, before this topic disappears into obscurity, I have 2 cents to put in.

I am a member of a dating site and occasionally I answer a " Hi, how are you "

I'm sometimes bored you see.

I started a conversation with one such. She was 24yrs old ( I won't bore you with details of her profile, they're all pretty much the same)

After a few opening messages, back and forth, she told me her father had had a stroke, and she couldn't work because she was looking after him.

After a couple of messages about this and other things, she told me the family couldn't afford therapy for him.

I told her she could probably get a lot of help, advice, ideas on line, and that her family might, with instruction, be able to offer him some form of therapy.

She told me that she felt so bad about not being able to help him, and was heartbroken seeing him cry, that she felt like killing herself.

My immediate reply was " Yeah, that'll help. "

Her answer " hahaha lol ! "

Then I said "Sorry got to go to work. Bye. "

Her response " Ok, bye, have a nice accident ! ! lol!!!!

Bet her lol wasn't as loud as my lol :hystery:

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Ok, before this topic disappears into obscurity, I have 2 cents to put in.

I am a member of a dating site and occasionally I answer a " Hi, how are you "

I'm sometimes bored you see.

I started a conversation with one such. She was 24yrs old ( I won't bore you with details of her profile, they're all pretty much the same)

After a few opening messages, back and forth, she told me her father had had a stroke, and she couldn't work because she was looking after him.

After a couple of messages about this and other things, she told me the family couldn't afford therapy for him.

I told her she could probably get a lot of help, advice, ideas on line, and that her family might, with instruction, be able to offer him some form of therapy.

She told me that she felt so bad about not being able to help him, and was heartbroken seeing him cry, that she felt like killing herself.

My immediate reply was " Yeah, that'll help. "

Her answer " hahaha lol ! "

Then I said "Sorry got to go to work. Bye. "

Her response " Ok, bye, have a nice accident ! ! lol!!!!

Bet her lol wasn't as loud as my lol :hystery:

Was that woman from the Phills or the UK?
  • Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Well, sonjack, you must know, if she was from the UK her father would have no shortage of all kinds of help, equipment and therapy.

And she would probably receive an allowance for looking after him.

No, this girl was from the Phils, ( can't remember where exactly ) very cute and pretty.

• Like 2