Can An X Bar Girl Make A Good Wife??

Candyman
Posted
Posted

Here are a few photos of the Alley and House in Mambaling Alaska. Some of them show construction of the top floor of the house after the fire a few months before. Most of the people in them are relatives of one form or another. post-303-0-76300000-1316015811_thumb.jpgMama's Alley Looking Back. post-303-0-96907400-1316015856_thumb.jpgMama's Alley Looking towards main road. post-303-0-93578800-1316015894_thumb.jpgThe Big Mac where my sister in law used to work for 100 pesos for a ten hour day ! post-303-0-15200500-1316015966_thumb.jpg My Brother in law inside the semi finished kitchen area. post-303-0-10355500-1316016029_thumb.jpg View across the rooftops, overlooking the Bombo Radio Tower compound. Cebu University can be seen in the distance. post-303-0-92750400-1316016101_thumb.jpg Another view from upstairs overlooking the Bombo Radio compound. post-303-0-78827300-1316016163_thumb.jpg Upstairs, almost finished ! post-303-0-36867400-1316016208_thumb.jpg Another view of the upstairs area almost finished. post-303-0-61880800-1316016258_thumb.jpg Upstairs under construction post-303-0-78529700-1316016291_thumb.jpg Upstairs under construction. post-303-0-73834600-1316016361_thumb.jpg Upstairs under construction post-303-0-08860400-1316016400_thumb.jpg Jesus, 64 years old here, and still as fit and nimble as a monkey ! post-303-0-24982400-1316016462_thumb.jpg Mixing concrete by hand for the new kitchen floor.

• Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Great posts Candyman, and thank you for sharing the photos too. :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Nice pictures..... thank you for posting them!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Candyman,You seem to take good care of your extended family's needs! I applaud you for that! I've seem families in worst condition, but that's them with no support or help from anyone! Your extended family is fortunate to have you!

• Like 3

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Very good post both Candyman and Jake I enjoyed readying your thoughts on this topic as they are very close to mine as well Keepem coming Braddo

• Like 1

Candyman
Posted
Posted
Candyman,You seem to take good care of your extended family's needs! I applaud you for that! I've seem families in worst condition, but that's them with no support or help from anyone! Your extended family is fortunate to have you!
I don't do much, only in emergencys ! I am lucky to have a family like that because none of them are lazy, and try to make money anyway they can to survive. We just made their living quarters more comfortable for them. We also set them up in a very small internet cafe there, about three years ago, that does not make much, but it covers the cost of their electricity and braoadband each month. Mama also sells ice water or coloured ice blocks, for a peso each. she works long hours from about 4 am till midnight most days, and might be lucky to get a cat nap through the day when one of the others can take over with the ice water and computers. The youngest son (in one of the photos), is now a security guard, so that is a bit more income for them. One of the other sister in laws is still making sea shell jewellry, and makes about 80 to 100 pesos a day doing that, but it is very hard on her eyes, and i don't know how much longer she will be able to keep doing this. They have never asked for money, but we have sent some when one or the other of them was in hospital, and we paid for two computer courses, one for the brother in law and one for one of the sister in laws, so as they could run the internet cafe. We send half a dozen Balikbayan boxes a year which is a great help to them, and my wife handles all that !
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
randiei
Posted
Posted

Mr. Lee wrote: "If people wish to learn and are willing to take up my time but not take the energy to at least try to do their homework by reading the forum and asking questions then I sometimes run out of time for them as well. I feel that life is a two way street and the least people can do is try to help others with what they have learned over time, and if no one is willing to do that then many more people will end up unhappy with the Philippines and anything related to it including their wives or gf's. IMO if we love our wives or gf's and like the people of the Philippines then the least we can do is help people to make their transition or visits easier and more uneventful, so that more people will go to the Philippines and spend their money and thus slowly make the Philippines a better place for all Filipinos and for all of us. Anyway that is just my opinion and I am sticking to it." I have to humbly say that this is why I am here, and ALL of you have been a GREAT help to me in this life adventure that I find myself in! Thank You to all of you! Mr. Lee and others - Mission Accomplished!! Sincerely,Randy

• Like 3