Poor Expats and Hot girls

chimellie
Posted
Posted (edited)

Split topic

Retire now, move to the Philippines, marry a girl 30 years younger than you, put her to work so YOU can drink beer all day. :) :) :)
I wonder if we were poor like the locals, would the young girls there give us a chance since we can't provide anything for them and their family ?????? Edited by Jollygoodfellow
- split topic
  • Like 3

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Dave, What if a man does NOT ' display " his worldly wealth. Humble home, modest auto, low key attire and good works in secret. How would any of the Philippina's know ?Is it simply a matter of perception from the local culture ? Guess I'll know the mindset after I'v been there a while.Me personally...if a potential Mrs. higg-num would not be willing to help build a " Home " or IF we lost everything & live in the dirt with me.......Then I would have a difficult time with trust. Which, for me, is an essential part of a life together.Oh crap...I strayed from the OP...I'm sorry but I did believe it a relevant point. : )

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Dave, What if a man does NOT ' display " his worldly wealth. Humble home, modest auto, low key attire and good works in secret. How would any of the Philippina's know ?Is it simply a matter of perception from the local culture ? Guess I'll know the mindset after I'v been there a while.Me personally...if a potential Mrs. higg-num would not be willing to help build a " Home " or IF we lost everything & live in the dirt with me.......Then I would have a difficult time with trust. Which, for me, is an essential part of a life together.Oh crap...I strayed from the OP...I'm sorry but I did believe it a relevant point. : )
Higg-num,How about you post this as a new topic I think you make an interesting point?
  • Like 1

Higg-num
Posted
Posted (edited)
Higg-num,How about you post this as a new topic I think you make an interesting point?
May I beg that the kind and knowledgeable moderators move this ???? If not I'll attempt to figure out where the best place or title it would go under. Thanks Edited by Higg-num

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
May I beg that the kind and knowledgeable moderators move this ???? If not I'll attempt to figure out where the best place or title it would go under. Thanks
Done :thumbsup:
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:unsure: A friend of mine (66) married a nice girl (20 :89:) Two years ago, Nice house, Nice car, all the Trappings, Family looked after, Things were going well, baby came, Life was as good, as it could be. Last year, in Oct if my memory serves me right, he got a shock,They had been paying him Too much Pension, he had got Divorced and Forgot to tell them :lol: So his cheque was not as nice as at first.(with a Penalty Reclaim I think) I guess like most Countries, we should tell of a change of Circumstance. Apparently, his new marriage did not make a difference, as it was never registered as an Overseas marriage. Last I heard, was that the marriage was hitting a few waves and the family not happy. Seems getting poor, can be as bad as being poor in the first Place. :unsure: Jack P. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Seems getting poor, can be as bad as being poor in the first Place
There is definitely, positively and for sure, a type of female who only wants to be rescued from poverty and in that case money matters. Some actually seek out that type. Example: 'T' is dating a nice girl but she is that 'type'. 'D' likes that girl, has more money than 'T' and steals her away by telling her he has more money and can give her a better life. This is a true story and in this case 'D' and wife are living happily with a lot of money. My personal opinion is that I do not like this attitude or type of woman.It is not always the case. There are lots of guys who have become poor'er' due to income loss or inflation and their wives have stayed with them. In some cases even going out to work. Of course it causes problems. Financial problems are, (arguably), the number one cause of marriage breakdown all over the world. (I heard that somewhere but don't remember the source, sorry.)
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
It is not always the case. There are lots of guys who have become poorer' due to income loss or inflation and their wives have stayed with them. In some cases even going out to work. Of course it causes problems. Financial problems are, (arguably), the number one cause of marriage breakdown all over the world. (I heard that somewhere but don't remember the source, sorry.)
I agree with you on this, lets Hope that these stories are few and far between. I would like to think we have all made the right Choices and can live a Life, as we hoped for. Statistics don't normally Lie, lets also hope, we don't get into the live now, pay later regime with our marriages. " Money is the Root, of All evil " Never a truer work Spoken!Jack P. :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

If you had to pick between two girls that were exactly the same except one was rich and the other poor which one would you pick

• Like 2