Dowry?

Curley
Posted
Posted

An update on the situation, she is now going to enrol with an agency through her university to go and work in Dubai for two years. The agency claim that she could be a receptionist ina 4 or 5 star hotel. A receptionist in a 5 star Dubai hotel who speaks very good English, Tagalog, Visayas and Chavacano? I'm absolutely certain that they're crying out for those qualifications in Dubai 5 star hotels. LOL Mother is already looking forward to the rewards, Father has borrowed money from his company to pay the agency fees. She was not happy when I tried to explain... she is determined to go because "I have ruined her life".

Isn't that a testimony of her true feelings towards you? Good thing you walked away......

Could be her true feelings or the pressure from Mother.... either way she isn't "man enough" to stand on her own two feet and she is best left to grow up or submit to Mother for the rest of her life.

PS She has since apologised for the "ruined my life" comment.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

An update on the situation, she is now going to enrol with an agency through her university to go and work in Dubai for two years. The agency claim that she could be a receptionist ina 4 or 5 star hotel. A receptionist in a 5 star Dubai hotel who speaks very good English, Tagalog, Visayas and Chavacano? I'm absolutely certain that they're crying out for those qualifications in Dubai 5 star hotels. LOL Mother is already looking forward to the rewards, Father has borrowed money from his company to pay the agency fees. She was not happy when I tried to explain... she is determined to go because "I have ruined her life".

Isn't that a testimony of her true feelings towards you? Good thing you walked away......

Could be her true feelings or the pressure from Mother.... either way she isn't "man enough" to stand on her own two feet and she is best left to grow up or submit to Mother for the rest of her life.

PS She has since apologised for the "ruined my life" comment.

OK, you have to give her some credit. Apologizing in a Filipino culture is NOT a common trait. In the meantime,

life does go on, especially for you my friend.

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted (edited)

just a word of warning Curley ........... she might apologised but the point is, did she realised/or understand her mistake??????

Because if you two went back together again .......... this thing about money will come up again especially as the family borrowed money to pay for the agency. And mark my words young man - you will be picking up the tab sooner or later!!!

Edited by Ashanti
  • Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

just a word of warning Curley ........... she might apologised but the point is, did she realised/or understand her mistake??????

Because if you two went back together again .......... this thing about money will come up again especially as the family borrowed money to pay for the agency. And mark my words young man - you will be picking up the tab sooner or later!!!

Thank you Ashanti, I can assure you my offer to her has been firmly put in the bin. No appeals. As has been advised.... time to move on.

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Thank you Ashanti, I can assure you my offer to her has been firmly put in the bin. No appeals. As has been advised.... time to move on.

oh, well ............ good luck for the future!!!

Curley
Posted
Posted

So girls, take note, one off male specimen, slightly high mileage but still performs well, some hair left, some teeth, economically sound, intelligent, educated in the University of life ...... coming soon, a unique, "one off" opportunity. Apply to.... catchoftheday@somehwerenearyou.com

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

So girls, take note, one off male specimen, slightly high mileage but still performs well, some hair left, some teeth, economically sound, intelligent, educated in the University of life ...... coming soon, a unique, "one off" opportunity. Apply to.... catchoftheday@somehwerenearyou.com

Gee, Curley! Thanks for advertising me but I'm already taken! Would you like me to forward to you any replies?

Just kidding, my friend!

:mocking:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

One thing to remember Curley is the new law about kids looking after parents. I know it is not supposed to affect kanos but her mother could still make demands on her. It must be a very difficult time for you at the moment and it is easy to say walk away but I think I would walk away. Maybe you will hurt for now but it is better than a possible life of misery.

Good luck Mate

Kevin

What new law is this?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

An update on the situation, she is now going to enrol with an agency through her university to go and work in Dubai for two years. The agency claim that she could be a receptionist Ina 4 or 5 star hotel. A receptionist in a 5 star Dubai hotel who speaks very good English, Tagalog, Visayan and Chavacano? I'm absolutely certain that they're crying out for those qualifications in Dubai 5 star hotels. LOL Mother is already looking forward to the rewards, Father has borrowed money from his company to pay the agency fees. She was not happy when I tried to explain... she is determined to go because "I have ruined her life".

Walked away! with the olympics coming up, I think i would have been a Contender for the 100 meters in Curley's shoes. good this was never a Marathon thing.

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

I have seen and heard about this kind of thing happening here myself.

I had a something like this happen to me as well.

I met a girl online while still in Texas. We chatted for several months before I came here. I had been planning to come back to the Philippines for several years before meeting her. She met me at the airport when I arrived I had sent money before arriving so that she could take the bus to the airport, and for a taxi, have her hair done, buy some new clothes, eat lunch, dinner. those kinds of things as well. We talked a lot online about her life and family as well as many many other subjects including telling me that she and her family were catholic and that she was 27. Turns out she was 18.

After we had been together at the hotel in Davao for 2 weeks she suddenly told me that I was to give her parents 50,000 pesos a month. I thanked her for her time and bought her a bus ticket home that same day.

I met my current girlfriend a few weeks later and could not be happier.

We did move from davao and live somewhere else tho.

I have seen and heard first hand of a Filipino couple in Cebu who have a 19 year old daughter that they allowed to go to another country and spend a few months with a foreigner. That is until he refused to pay the 3.2 million pesos the mother was demanding he pay her. The money was not just for him being with the girl of course. It also included 6000 sqm of land that belonged to the mothers family. It would of course be put into the mother and daughters names before the wedding, but it was included. The daughter came back as if nothing had happened. The mother is still trying to get the money from the foreigner or any foreigner. I met them thru a friend who asked me if I knew how they could find this guy in his country. I told them I did not of course, then ran.

• Like 2