Dowry?

piglett
Posted
Posted

I say negotiate, see if the mother will throw in 2 more daughters for the same price. :th_Good-Luck:

correct if your are going to give up that much cash you should be getting soooo much sex that you don't even have time to think about money :cheersty: :mocking: :dance: :540:

Curley
Posted
Posted

Update.... her sister (2 years older) has gone to live with a young muslim man, the man has no job so they're living with his parents. I haven't been told but I do wonder................. WAS the dowry too high and the youngsters took it into their own hands? Shock horror among the family that this should happen!

On top of that one of the step sisters (28 with two kids) left her live in boyfriend because he gambled...... she got a job in Kuwait but had a little fling in Manila while waiting for the agency papers and guess what ???? Yep, got pregnant and was sent home from Kuwait.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Update.... her sister (2 years older) has gone to live with a young muslim man, the man has no job so they're living with his parents. I haven't been told but I do wonder................. WAS the dowry too high and the youngsters took it into their own hands? Shock horror among the family that this should happen!

On top of that one of the step sisters (28 with two kids) left her live in boyfriend because he gambled...... she got a job in Kuwait but had a little fling in Manila while waiting for the agency papers and guess what ???? Yep, got pregnant and was sent home from Kuwait.

Not sure if you should be wearing a big smile or start running away as fast as you can!

:mocking: :attention:

Curley
Posted
Posted

Not sure if you should be wearing a big smile or start running away as fast as you can!

:mocking: :attention:

I did permit myself a little smirk....................... but did tell my ex that living in sin wasn't really a sin and to ignore the old gossiping biddies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Brad616
Posted
Posted

So Curley , how far have you ran ? You must be swimiming to the next island by now , right :dance:

wombatphil
Posted
Posted

Only read the first post and this page mate... So they wanted the equivalent of around 9 years of a man's ordinary salary in the Philippines? I have not encountered any catholic girls, having the necessity to pay mum and dad a dowry... Muslim, yes.

Anyway, ok if they get it hey... (for them)

Curley
Posted
Posted

Only read the first post and this page mate... So they wanted the equivalent of around 9 years of a man's ordinary salary in the Philippines? I have not encountered any catholic girls, having the necessity to pay mum and dad a dowry... Muslim, yes.

Anyway, ok if they get it hey... (for them)

I din't pay it and have no intention of doing so, i finished the relationship because of it, not necessarily because of the amount but of the uncertainty of the demand being repeated while they still had control of the girl. We are still in touch but only as friends.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Hold on a second guys...I am not much into religion but if I remember well, Sharia culture is that un-earned money (such as taxes) is forbidden,  it's a sin, that's why in the UAE there are no taxes...so I doubt this 500K were asked based on religion.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It is not unearned - they are selling their daughter.  Got to make a profit...

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Well guys, you are reviving a year old thread that is history now but I gotta tell you, I don't think the dowry is for sex, per se, or selling the daughter.  I think they believe that is what her virginity is worth as virgins are such a rare commodity here.  :hystery: