To Beautiful Filipinas Only...

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)

I tend to look at it like a partnership with each bring strengths and weakness into the relationship ..... neither is better or worst than the other ....... and neither should be lauded over the other ..... bringing 60% and 60% into the relationship gives you 120% ...... and you can't beat those odds ..... if you feel you are superior to your counterpart why did you enter into such a relationship unless you want to dominate ..... same can be said if you feel inferior to your mate ..... if you are dissatisfied with the one you chose ..... then why did you chose him or her ..... after all no one forced you to make your choice ..... you did it all on your own ...... now I know some will disagree but this is ...... IMHO .. :tiphat: :cheersty:

I like this. There are many instances when I feel superior to my wife, but am often humbled to find things she does that I can't hold a candle to. Those things are usually related to art, design, creativity, or singing; not matters of the heart.

My wife came from a broken family and one that broke up with a high degree of trauma. From what I hear, she was tough and rebellious growing up, as she still was when i met her.

Her mother never took another man, and her auntie - true head of the family - stayed single her whole life. Her brother refused any financial assistance from the family, working and starving his way through college. He's single and independent to this day. Her sister is a tomboy who though tough and rebellious, takes after her father's playboy and scandalous ways.

It was this toughness that attracted me to her, not some meek way of serving and supporting me. We've often had to battle eachother for place in the family, but it's taught us more respect for eachother. More and more we move in tow.

Years later her father came back and she and her mother accepted him. Her brother was slower to do so, but also got to it. It's that forgiveness in Filipinos that I find amazing. It seems that if they don't kill you, they'll forgive you.

As for if I ever cheat on my wife, she says I'll be in danger and she'll never forgive me. Even with her father, they respect him but he still seems very careful not to assert himself too much. He doesn't seem to have that right.

Anyways, all that stuff about sweet Filipinas doesnt really apply to us. I respect her for being a tough bietch 90% of the time, even if naive, and a little bit "relaxed" or "nice" 10% of the time. Anytime she's nice to me, I become suspicious. I love her for who she is, not for what she's supposed to be.

Edited by ekimswish
  • Like 2

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

On a sidenote, her mom says the only reason she didn't murder her husband in his sleep is because my wife, as a child, walked in while nanay was holding the knife over him. She had to be there to raise her kids, not because of him.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

On a sidenote, her mom says the only reason she didn't murder her husband in his sleep is because my wife, as a child, walked in while nanay was holding the knife over him. She had to be there to raise her kids, not because of him.

I have heard of similar incidents. I think it was fate (religious or otherwise is up to each person to believe) that stepped in at the right time to remind them that, for them to do something so drastic, they would ruin the lives of those they loved most.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I tend to look at it like a partnership with each bring strengths and weakness into the relationship ..... neither is better or worst than the other ....... and neither should be lauded over the other ..... bringing 60% and 60% into the relationship gives you 120% ...... and you can't beat those odds ..... if you feel you are superior to your counterpart why did you enter into such a relationship unless you want to dominate ..... same can be said if you feel inferior to your mate ..... if you are dissatisfied with the one you chose ..... then why did you chose him or her ..... after all no one forced you to make your choice ..... you did it all on your own ...... now I know some will disagree but this is ...... IMHO .. :tiphat: :cheersty:

I like this. There are many instances when I feel superior to my wife, but am often humbled to find things she does that I can't hold a candle to. Those things are usually related to art, design, creativity, or singing; not matters of the heart.

My wife came from a broken family and one that broke up with a high degree of trauma. From what I hear, she was tough and rebellious growing up, as she still was when i met her.

Her mother never took another man, and her auntie - true head of the family - stayed single her whole life. Her brother refused any financial assistance from the family, working and starving his way through college. He's single and independent to this day. Her sister is a tomboy who though tough and rebellious, takes after her father's playboy and scandalous ways.

It was this toughness that attracted me to her, not some meek way of serving and supporting me. We've often had to battle eachother for place in the family, but it's taught us more respect for eachother. More and more we move in tow.

Years later her father came back and she and her mother accepted him. Her brother was slower to do so, but also got to it. It's that forgiveness in Filipinos that I find amazing. It seems that if they don't kill you, they'll forgive you.

As for if I ever cheat on my wife, she says I'll be in danger and she'll never forgive me. Even with her father, they respect him but he still seems very careful not to assert himself too much. He doesn't seem to have that right.

Anyways, all that stuff about sweet Filipinas doesnt really apply to us. I respect her for being a tough bietch 90% of the time, even if naive, and a little bit "relaxed" or "nice" 10% of the time. Anytime she's nice to me, I become suspicious. I love her for who she is, not for what she's supposed to be.

I really like what you wrote here. We all believe our sweethearts to be the best woman out there. And for good reason - our wife or girlfriend is the woman who has attracted us by not only what we perceive as her beauty but also by her words and actions. You have acknowledged that your wife is not only not like other women but at the same time is more than any other woman you know. You are a lucky man!

• Like 2

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I really like what you wrote here. We all believe our sweethearts to be the best woman out there. And for good reason - our wife or girlfriend is the woman who has attracted us by not only what we perceive as her beauty but also by her words and actions. You have acknowledged that your wife is not only not like other women but at the same time is more than any other woman you know. You are a lucky man!

I was raised in the per capita crime king of Canada, Regina, in a neighborhood of cowboys and Indians. I've always been attracted to tough girls. My last girlfriend I was intrigued before her was a Mongolian who downed Vodka like a dude, punched people in the face and threw a glass bottle of medicine at my head when I was sick and refused to take it. My wife is the only girl I dated after who could possibly go toe to toe with her in a scrap, hence why i liked her.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I was raised in the per capita crime king of Canada, Regina, in a neighborhood of cowboys and Indians. I've always been attracted to tough girls. My last girlfriend I was intrigued before her was a Mongolian who downed Vodka like a dude, punched people in the face and threw a glass bottle of medicine at my head when I was sick and refused to take it. My wife is the only girl I dated after who could possibly go toe to toe with her in a scrap, hence why i liked her.

Are they born Scorpio-Roosters?

Astrology book says one of the main things with them are "Like to fight". I know because one of my kid sisters is one. She is tiny, but when she was teenager she managed to beat up half of the MALE. So it became calm for me, when she started going to same places as I, because when someone quarelled with me, I just laught and said:

-You have to have a qualification fight against my kid sister first :hystery:

When they saw who she was, they left fast :hystery:

She didn't bother to fight girls, don't finding them being any competition.

Some years later she broke her toe, when she kicked her husband in the bottom, making him falling with his head first into the owen, when he teesed her :)

But now she has calmed down and laugh about most irritations too. Or as she say herself: "I have retired. Let them be stupid if they want to" :mocking: .

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Actually, the interesting thing about Nanay's side of the family is that the grandparents were rumored to be gay and married out of convenience. I've wondered if that could have anything to do with a genetic rebelliousness or learned unorthodoxy in their family?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Actually, the interesting thing about Nanay's side of the family is that the grandparents were rumored to be gay and married out of convenience. I've wondered if that could have anything to do with a genetic rebelliousness or learned unorthodoxy in their family?

How many children did they have?

I understand if gay make so they get 1-2 children, but I doubt they where gay if they got many :)

Rumour coming from where?

It's common turned down people say "He/She has to be gay" just because they said "No thanks" to the turned down. I have said "No thanks" to many, so I guess several have made up I'm gay :hystery:

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

3 kids. Nanay told me the rumor.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

3 kids. Nanay told me the rumor.

I see. But from whom CAME the rumour?

I suppose the rumoured gay didn't start the rumour themselfe :)