Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

Thomas
Posted
Posted
There is a real and present fear that his health is quickly diminishing due to complications from the shooting. Arnel is a first cousin of Jane Doyle but it is believed that Jane and Harry Doyle had a 50,000p bounty on both Arnel and Miss. Kima.
Aren't you talking about the case of murder of Harry Doyle? 

If so - why do Arnel bother to risk his life to be a witness in that case if he believe Harry Doyle wanted him dead?

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

There is a real and present fear that his health is quickly diminishing due to complications from the shooting. Arnel is a first cousin of Jane Doyle but it is believed that Jane and Harry Doyle had a 50,000p bounty on both Arnel and Miss. Kima.
Aren't you talking about the case of murder of Harry Doyle? 

If so - why do Arnel bother to risk his life to be a witness in that case if he believe Harry Doyle wanted him dead?

The arson of Miss. Kima and the shooting of Arnel each happened months before the Harry Doyle murder, but all three case have two things in common - Jerome and Jane Doyle. Both Arnel and Miss Kima for years had been intimately close to the Doyle family and they thoroughly knew all the ends and outs going on within Harry's household. Arnel lost his job because he refused to do something quite questionable that Harry wanted him to do which went totally against his very nature. This is why Harry hired Jerome because he would do what Arnel could not. In short, Arnel and Miss. Kima simply just knew too much.

You ask why Arnel would further risk his life after being run down, shot in the back with a .45, left for dead, surviving only to be permanently paralyzed and having to constantly relocate to avoid being killed; would still want to stand up against this evil and directly challenge those trying to murder him and his friends. I would have to guess it has something to do with possessing moral character.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
You ask why Arnel would further risk his life after being run down, shot in the back with a .45, left for dead, surviving only to be permanently paralyzed and having to constantly relocate to avoid being killed; would still want to stand up against this evil and directly challenge those trying to murder him and his friends. I would have to guess it has something to do with possessing moral character.
Well. I didn't wonder that, I wondered why Arnel bother about the murder of HARRY Doyle, if Harry was involved in the attacks against Arnel and Ms Kima,

and don't concentrate on the cases with the attacks against Arnel and Ms Kima.

But I kind of understand, because it's basicly same criminals in this case too, except Harry Doyle (if he was involved in the older cases) and IF so he has been punnished allready by this case...  :)

Markham
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the update, James!

It strikes me that Arnel is in a rather precarious position which is bound to be exploited by Jerome's and Jane Doyle's lawyers. If the Doyles did indeed place a Php50,000 bounty on his head and they paid Jerome's bail bond for the attempted murder of Jerome, then defence lawyers would almost certainly try to implicate Arnel for Harry's death. Either or both might well try to portray him (Arnel) as the mastermind. All they'd need is a few bribed witnesses who could place Arnel into the scenario.

Bear in mind that alibis are not recognized by the justice system when used by defendants and that fake witnesses are commonplace. You might want to look at the case of the Chiong sisters where Paco Laranaga was imprisoned for life for their murder on Cebu even though he was provably hundreds of miles away (in Manila) at the time of their death. Laranaga's trial was far from fair and being a Spanish dual-national, was transferred to a Spanish jail making it extremely difficult for him to appeal his case.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Bear in mind that alibis are not recognized by the justice system when used by defendants and that fake witnesses are commonplace. You might want to look at the case of the Chiong sisters where Paco Laranaga was imprisoned for life for their murder on Cebu even though he was provably hundreds of miles away (in Manila) at the time of their death. Laranaga's trial was far from fair and being a Spanish dual-national, was transferred to a Spanish jail making it extremely difficult for him to appeal his case.

And that my friend is a very very scary situation for anyone .... when like in the case of the little girl that was killed in the case you followed you can prove you weren't anywhere near the scene of the crime but some paid fake eye witness can have you jailed for the rest of your life .... the one thing they didn't bother to pattern after the US or any other 1st world country was our judicial system .....

Don't want to hijack this thread but in a different one can you please give us an update on Bella Ruby .... is she still in jail or what .... thanks ... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you for the update, James!

It strikes me that Arnel is in a rather precarious position which is bound to be exploited by Jerome's and Jane Doyle's lawyers. If the Doyles did indeed place a Php50,000 bounty on his head and they paid Jerome's bail bond for the attempted murder of Jerome, then defence lawyers would almost certainly try to implicate Arnel for Harry's death. Either or both might well try to portray him (Arnel) as the mastermind. All they'd need is a few bribed witnesses who could place Arnel into the scenario.

I am sure they will. as I know from my own personal experience having had them try to implicate me. I have had my own good name dragged through mud by Jane, Jerome and their attorney. There were two articles posted in the Canadian Press from their released statements. Jerome even posted on his Facebook "James Musslewhite the Killer of Harry" and I had to go before the Prosecutor's office because Jerome and his lawyer had filed charges of Perjury and Defamation of Character against myself, all other witnesses for the prosecution, and the PNP Investigators on this case. There was a statement made recently that her remaining in Canada was on the advice of her lawyer due to threats for her safety, yet all the prosecution witnesses have had to relocate, go into hiding, and require PNP protection. I sort of see that as rather odd, but sometimes I guess logic perhaps escapes me.

Frankly, not much that the defense does anymore surprises me very much as this bazaar case progresses. There has been a lot of mud slung my own way, but I have tried to refrain from conducting myself in such a detestable endeavor. I wish rather to simply trust that the court system will make the fair and just conclusion of all the evidence presented during a properly conducted fair trial, and that in the end the due process of this system results in a correct and just verdict.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

a properly conducted fair trial, and that in the end the due process of this system results in a correct and just verdict. 

WHAT! In the Philippines, James, I doubt that very much but  WTF

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

a properly conducted fair trial, and that in the end the due process of this system results in a correct and just verdict. 

WHAT! In the Philippines, James, I doubt that very much but  WTF

One can only hope....

Edited by jamesmusslewhite

• 1 month later...
HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted

James I admire your strength and tenacity in all of this turmoil, standing firm to find justice for our past friend Harry. I live a short 41/2 hr drive from where the grieving widow is cowering from that same justice and will have you to thank when she finally leaves these shores hopefully shackled and in custody to receive her just desserts

• Like 2