Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I want to say thank you to you, James, as well!  This has been a long and drawn out affair that many people have issues understanding as 2 countries and legal systems different than those they are familiar with are involved.  I myself will be very glad once Jane is finally removed from Canada and justice prevails against all those involved in this crime.  

Going back a few pages, for those wondering: In Canada, a pre-nup does not fold after 10 years but is valid through the marriage.  Anything that is obtained during the marriage will aways be divided by the divorce court and separately arrangements for child support is made.  As far as if the child is Harry's or not, the only information that can be used at this time is what Jayne says as Harry is no longer with us...  But, once the paperwork is finally delivered on Jayne, there should be enough reasonable doubt to cause DNA testing and changing of who gets what from Harry's estate.  The biggest worry I have about the whole thing (besides Jayne kicked out of Canada and going to trial for murder) is what will happen to the baby who is innocent of what his parents - who ever that may be - have done?

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Removed 1 off topic post. If you want to discuss something not directly related to this case start another topic.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The biggest worry I have about the whole thing (besides Jayne kicked out of Canada and going to trial for murder) is what will happen to the baby who is innocent of what his parents - who ever that may be - have done?

BOB! I commend this Statement., No matter, in what situation or stories we hear, it is always the Children that suffer and yet we never hear what happened to them. I guess like in a lot countries, they will be forgotten, Hidden away maybe, Go off the rails, get into the wrong Crowd and end up like a day, in this Topic. So sad

:tiphat:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

10488226_4392039735801_55350277552911316

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

Uncle Bob,

I thought your Canadian justice system works so why isn't Ms. Jane already in police custody?  Don't you know some Canadian Mounted Police who always get their man, well in this case woman?

• Like 1

HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted

Uncle Bob,

I thought your Canadian justice system works so why isn't Ms. Jane already in police custody?  Don't you know some Canadian Mounted Police who always get their man, well in this case woman?

Cops around here are more like arrogant security guards than anything else. Setting up traffic roadblocks in order to check safety stickers is about all they are good for. Once in a while they'll catch some poor soul with an old car without a valid safety sticker. It's no surprise they can't / won't follow up on this

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Uncle Bob,

You've been watching "Due South" reruns again, haven't you!

:)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

The biggest worry I have about the whole thing (besides Jayne kicked out of Canada and going to trial for murder) is what will happen to the baby who is innocent of what his parents - who ever that may be - have done?

BOB! I commend this Statement., No matter, in what situation or stories we hear, it is always the Children that suffer and yet we never hear what happened to them. I guess like in a lot countries, they will be forgotten, Hidden away maybe, Go off the rails, get into the wrong Crowd and end up like a day, in this Topic. So sad

:tiphat:

Well the newborn is a full Canadian citizen and has an equal share in Harry's estate. I would expect that Jane has arranged for someone she trust to watch over the child in case she is arrested and is incarcerated during the whole extradited process. I have talked to two of Harry Doyle's sisters of which one is actually the executor of his estate and I feel that they would gladly take in little Joseph and even the newborn son even if it is proven that the boy was fathered by Jerome Divocian rather than let either simply become Wards of the State. They are good people and would always care for the needs of both boys. The question is if Jane Doyle would let them take the kids if she is extradited, as she could try to return to the Philippines with both boys so she could still have visiting rights while she is being held for the duration of the trial and if the courts rule against her than she can still have visitation after she is incarcerated. There are several different ways this could be handled and only time will tell how it all plays out..  

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

The legal systems sure are moving very slowly, especially for this being a murder case. In some countries you would be arrested faster than this for not paying your parking tickets.