Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

This was added by a member here but on another forum thread which I started the same night I started this tread. It is a mirror thread on the same subject which I have regarlly upgraded with new information. I felt this was a worthy information relivant to this sbject, so I am adding it here. Thank you Lee, I hope you do not mind me posting it here.

09/02/2014 12:20 PM

VANCOUVER - Canada can now easily strip the citizenship of millions of Canadians, thanks to a proposed law that will make citizenship harder to get and easier to lose.

The British Columbia Civil Liberties Association (BCCLA) is very worried about the implications of bill C-24, a proposal that re-defines Canadian citizenship.

They believe it targets naturalized citizens and those holding dual citizenship.

"Canadian citizens who are dual citizens are particularly vulnerable to the citizenship-stripping provisions because under the law if you only hold one citizenship then they can't take that away from you," said Carmen Cheung, senior counsel of BCCLA.

Cheung further explained, "But if you hold two citizenships, a dual citizenship or if you are even eligible for dual citizenship, then all of these citizenship-stripping provisions come into effect and so that in effect creates categories of Canadians and we know that oftentimes, the people who are dual citizens are immigrants or they're new to Canada, and so it disproportionately impacts new Canadians and immigrants."

It also targets suspects of terrorist activities, organized crime, or loyalty offenses, like serving in a country fighting Canada, by stripping them of their citizenship.

The new law also makes it harder to be a Canadian by extending the residency requirement from three years to four years with a minimum 183 days' stay in Canada per year in four out of six years.

An application can be denied if there is doubt in your "intent to reside" in Canada. Refused applications can no longer be appealed. READ MORE

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the Update James

Sounds like it's coming together 

The side-note is a bit chilling

have good luck

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Do be careful, James.

Thank you for the update 

• Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Yes Jim be careful. It sounds like they plan to "Eliminate" the problem.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Miss Diadula then said she heard the woman with the black blouse (Jane Doyle) yell, “Ajaw diri, Ajaw diri!” (“Not here, Not here!).
I see that as a proof Jane Doyle has to be guilty, or why would she yell like that otherwice...?

Or can it mean other than what the article say?

• Like 2

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Miss Diadula then said she heard the woman with the black blouse (Jane Doyle) yell, “Ajaw diri, Ajaw diri!” (“Not here, Not here!).
I see that as a proof Jane Doyle has to be guilty, or why would she yell like that otherwice...?

I have asked that myself since I first heard this. When the Doyle sisters travled here to Surigao City back in 2012 to formally file the charges againt Jane Doyle, they had a gathering of Atty Casurra and all the PNP investigators, witnesses and security team for a evening meal. It was at this gathering that I first met the witnesses who were there at the Punta Bilar resort when Harry was murdered. I was sitting across from Joan and Ann Doyle and heard Miss. Edelyn Diadula tell the Doyle sisters what she had both seen and heard. There were two things which both are in her Witness Statement and public record. She said that as the two shooters pulled her weapons Jane Doyle yelled "Not here, Not here!" and also later as Harry was laying on the ground awaiting the EMTs to arrive, she heard Jane Doyle place a call to her lawyer requesting  a copy of Harry Doyle's new Will.

Every since that night I have pondered more times than I can count in deep contemplation trying to reason any possible need for her to yell "Not here, Not here!" which wound not seem neferious in nature. I could see "No No!", ""Stop Stop!", "Please No!", "Please Stop!", "Of My God!" or a "Help Help!" but to yell "Not here, Not here!"? Just seems such an odd thing to have yelled.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I see that as a proof Jane Doyle has to be guilty, or why would she yell like that otherwise.?

She will deny having said that, of course, but it does seem a particularly stupid thing to say.

• Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Not Here. Not Here....Sounds like an admission of conspiracy at the very least if not, the one who gave the original orders.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I forgot to mention this earlier...  Last month I drove out to Nova Scotia to see my children and grandchildren before I head to the Philippines...  And I spent a night in Fredericton where Jane is staying in Canada.   I asked the desk clerk at the first hotel what she thought of what was going on and i was kicked out of the hotel.  No recourse - gone.  So I asked at the next hotel the same question.  No reply - just dirty looks.  I wish I knew what they were thinking.

:unsure:  :mocking:

• Like 3