Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

The legal systems sure are moving very slowly, especially for this being a murder case. In some countries you would be arrested faster than this for not paying your parking tickets.

Part of the reason I believe is because they know that Jane is successfully staying on Canada which means they have to then extradite her back to the Philippines. I believe only 3 times has the Philippines tried to extradite a Filipino citizen from Canada and all three previous attempts failed. So they are being extra cautious to insure they have a strong case and that they have shown that they have tried to be a fair as possible with Jane. Plus they want to insure they have every "i" doted and every "t" crossed before that package is forwarded to Ottawa.  

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The legal systems sure are moving very slowly, especially for this being a murder case. In some countries you would be arrested faster than this for not paying your parking tickets.

IF I have understood corect and nothing new have happened,

NO ONE of the 4 are arrested for THIS murder, but two of them are arrested for OTHER crimes  (= the body guard/lover and one of the brothers and the other brother is wanted for something but isn't found.)

• Like 3

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Update:

The first hearing of the Harry Doyle murder case trial is scheduled for the 18th of this month. Jerome Divocian and Jeffery Parian will now face the charges laid before them for their accused parts in the murder of Harry Doyle. The prosecution will be presenting their first witnesses before the judge and the witnesses will be properly crossed examined. I hope for a fair honest trial free of false statements or possible perjury and that each suspect is given a fair trial with sound representation and where the rule of law is properly observed so that in the end true justice prevails.

• Like 4

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

IF I have understood corect and nothing new have happened,

NO ONE of the 4 are arrested for THIS murder, but two of them are arrested for OTHER crimes  (= the body guard/lover and one of the brothers and the other brother is wanted for something but isn't found.)

Not quite but close:

One was out on bail on an attempted murder charge, but was arrested and held on an arson case (non-bailable offense) but was issued an arrest warrant on this case. One was arrested during a shootout with the PNP serving the arrest warrant issued on this case. The other two arrest warrants issued have yet been served because one is sitting in Canada waiting to be arrested when the warrant for this case finally makes it to her doorstep and the other is still at large where his whereabouts is presently unknown. The two who have been arrested are now going to trial starting August 18th to face charges for this case, but are also facing multiple court cases for other shootings, murders and one arson.

• Like 3

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Update: Canadian Newspaper article

MONDAY, AUGUST 11 , 2014

DAILYGLEANER

Lawyer has 'one chance' to extradite Jane Doyle

LAVERNE STEWART
THE DAILY GLEANER
Filipino lawyer Alfonso S. Casurra.the man trying to extradite the widow of a murdered Fredericton businessman to the Philippines to appear in court, has one chance to get it right Philippine officials have requested three extraditions from Canada and all three of those attempts failed. Casurra is the lawyer representing Anne and Joan Doyle, sisters of the late Harry Doyle of Fredericton, in the case against Doyle's widow, Jane Doyle of Fredericton, and Filipinos Jerome Devocion.jeffery Parian and Johnny Parlan. On Friday, James Musslewhite, one of Alfonso Casurra's witnesses in the case being tried in the Philippines, said extradition is a difficult path. "He (Casurra) said that he was fully aware that only three times has the Philippines requested (an) extradition. He knows that he has only one shot at the extradition and it's his job, representing the Doyles, to present the strongest possible case when he sends the request the Canadian courts to allow Jane Doyle to be extradited:'

Jane Doyle returned to Fredericton shortly after her husband was shot to death at a family barbcue on a beach in Surigao City on Aug. 12, 2012. She had been living with friends until June when she and her two sons, Joseph and Daniel, moved into an apartment at 26 Abbott Ct. Roland Moreno, a spokesman for the local Filipino community in Fredericton, said members of the community visit Jane and socialize with her at community events. "She has close friends within our community. I saw her a couple of times" he said. "She's a friend. I have known her and her (late) husband for awhile... We will not abandon her. We are a small community here and we support each other. If she did something wrong we will let the justice take care of it,"he said. Philippine National Police Investigator SPO1 Rosemarie Almazan said she's frustrated that Doyle has not been picked up on an arrest warrant issued for her in October 2013. Musslewhite said even though some people have grown impatient and frustrated that Jane Doyle remains free, he believes Casurra is making wise decisions. "This is a one-shot deal on the extradition and if waiting eight to 10 months to help Jane get extradited verses rushing and possibly presenting a weaker case before the Canadian extradition judge to me is a no-brainer" Musslewhite said. The first hearing of the Harry Doyle murder trial is scheduled to start on Aug. 18 when Jerome Devocion, Harry Doyle's former bodyguard and driver, and Jeffery Parian, one of two men accused in Harry Doyle's shooting death, will face the charges against them for their alleged roles in his murder. The prosecution is expected to present its first witnesses at that time. Most of the prosecution witnesses are still in hiding or remain under police protection until their scheduled testimony before the trial judge." Musslewhite said he isn't sure when he will be expected to testify.

Johnny Parian, the other man a cused of shooting Harry Doyle, is still at large. He was last seen 'several months ago in the Surigao City area and police continue to try to bring him into custody, In early 2013, the Court of Queen's Bench in Fredericton awarded Jane Doyle half of the money in a bank account she held jointly with her husband.The 62-year-old former Fredericton businessman was murdered on Aug. 12, 2012, In the Philippines. His widow Is one of four people charged with his shooting death. In a decision issed in January 2013, Justice Judy Clendening ruled that regardless of whether she had a role in her husband's death, she was legally entitled to half of the funds in the disputed investinent account at BMO Nesbitt Burns. Jane's Lodge, which was an inn that Harry and Jane Doyle had built in Surgao City, is for sale. Harry Doyle left an estate worth $1,973,326, accordingto documents filed with the court in New Brunswick. Doyle's sister, Anne Jean Doyle, who was named as the executrix of the disputed will, had her late brother's assets frozen in the wake of the allegations against her sister-in-law. Harry Doyle's will has been disputed by his eldest son Stephen Doyle. Filipino police have alleged Jane Doyle and Ierome Devocion were lovers and they were seeking a paternity test to determine who's the father of Jane Doyle's youngest son Daniel Doyle. The 2O-month-old boy was born in Fredericton on Nov. 21, 2012. On July 28 friends of Jane Doyle who live in Fredemcton signed guardianship of Jane's two sons.

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have read this long and shocking tale. I am absolutely  sure that you are right, but there can be no safety until the killers - all four of them - are behind bars.

We must hope that the extradition succeeds. An option worth considering might be for the prosecution to agree that she serve her sentence in Canada, if a lot of fuss is made over "her treatment in a Philippines jail".  

Justice Clendenning is clearly off her trolley; nobody is entitled to the proceeds of crime. That decision must be appealed by the executors.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

This is a Facebook message my wife recieved from Joseph Doyle on Thursday and a follow up message. As Joseph is autistic I have to wonder if he in fact wrote the message himself or if he had adult help writting the letter. I post it as

• Joseph Doyle

greatings to you delia and james since i can remember that your family and my family become friends my mother and father treat you good feed you. lend you money when you did not have money and in return what did my mother and father do to you that cost my father his life i know that you always been jelous with my fathers success my father works hard to feed his family my father is a responsible father. my father doesent scam people for a living what you did to my family was one of the most biggest mistakes you could ever make. you made a death threat to my father and my father end up dead and you made a move to black mail my mother. thats the biggest mistake you made and you delia as a filipino i wish you help my mother when my father died in return my mother would help you because thats the kind of woman she is.but instead you want my mother in the ground too.delia i dont wanna lose my mom its hard to wake up every morning. to not see your father i miss my father very much and yet you and james are working hard to bring my family down im not gonna let you do that to my family thats the only family i have left i read every message the fight between you and my father before my father past away i will post that to all my fathers friends on facebook. i have those emails in my position my mother doesent know if you continue lie after lie after lie i will post this in my fathers friends list you have no idea how painfull it is to lose a loved one i pray everyday that you got hit by bad karma i pray every night that you can never walk again james i hope my prayer would be answered thats how angry i am towards you i dont understand how you betrayed your own friend you called my father a little man in your email when you fight my dad and know you called me little joseph ''DONT YOU EVER CALL ME LITTLE AGAIN'' you call yourself a decorated marine hero it doesent match and you talk about my fathers sister saying that there good people my father doesent like them because they dont help my father when he needs help.and when my mother asked them too come . dont even visit when my father gets sick and they dont come to the philippines to see my father for the last time but they accept your invetation didint they.

• Thursday
  • 549075_199632333485911_1515638303_n.jpg?
    Joseph Doyle

let me tell you something delia and james if i read another lie on the internet about my family again the email that you send to my father these will fly very fast before you know it the truth is always coming out you know better then that james your an old man i know you have a money problem but scamming people black mailing people you think its good for you thats the easy way to make money but me and my family what we have been through you have no idea losing my father is heart breaking cry every night and i have to be strong for my family but this time i will fight back for my family i will send everything to my lawyer in cebu i will talk to my lawyer because im a minor i will protect my family this is what my dad wants me to do this is the only family i have left i im waiting for the power of atorny in the embassy in ottawa canada i dont think you can afford to pay me and my family james this is how serious i am.

• Today This is my simple response to Joseph who does not want to be refered to as little Joseph anymore. so from now on he is just Joseph.
  • 312676_258721980840946_1524698344_n.jpg
    Rodelia Cantillas Musslewhite

Son I love you and God bless you. Your father tried to frame me for something I did not do. All emails, text messages, and Facebook messages were all turned into the Surigao City PNP within 1 week of the staged shooting at the Lodge. I have not been the one telling the lies and I trust God that the truth will be showed to you if you wish to take it to court. I have only told the truth and I have not hidden one piece of anything from either the PNP of Atty. Casurra. If you wish I will be more than glad to request a NBI investigation, and I will gladly send all documents to both the US Embassy and the Canadian Embassy so they too can get involved. I will not fight you rather I will help you to get to the real truth. If I have lied than I will accept punishment, if others have lied to you they will face punishment and then I will be forced to take legal steps which I am sure will not be favorable.

What breaks my heart is when I started the thread I did it to help Joseph get justice for the murder of his father. I had no way of knowing that his mother would become the PNP investigators prime suspect. It was the Surigao City PNP that filed the charges and it was the Surigao City courts that issued the arrest warrant. I merely posted all the facts as they were being released. If Joseph actually wrote this and feels this way it is a pain I will probably never be free of. There is no reward for doing such a thread. There is the possibility that Joseph did not write this and adults are trying to use him to try to get me to say or do something which I would never do to (big) Joseph. If adults are behind these two posts than it shows not only how low some will stoop but also show that they have plans to conduct further character attacks against me as all other attempts they have tried have failed. It is for this reason that I must post this as to expose this as I have done nothing to hide any facts as they relate to the case. All the text messages, Facebook messages, and emails exchanged between Harry and myself were turned over after the Wednesday staged Feb. 1, 2012 shooting event at Jane's Lodge to the PNP investigators on the following Satuday after my return from Manila. The investigators at the shooting scene saw this so called threatening email I supposedly threatened Harry's life and they said it was obvious it was not an email but something someone merely typed out. Two other Surigao expats also were shown this email by Harry and they said the same. The investigators at the Jane's Lodge shooting scene said that either the scene was staged merely for drama or they in fact suspected Jane and Jerome of the event. I have covered all the details eariler in this thread.

I feel sorry for (big) Joseph if in fact his mother is found guilty as he will perhaps lose both his parents which is the real tragedy in this twisted tale of ironies. So I will now bare the blunt of his anger so

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The style is consistent with a Filipina. It is pure Philippines "English"  

There is nothing in that that suggests autism to me.

Ho old is the boy and where has he been at school?  

• Like 3

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

The style is consistent with a Filipina. It is pure Philippines "English"  

There is nothing in that that suggests autism to me.

Ho old is the boy and where has he been at school?  

He should be about 14-15 years of age now and I know his schooling here in Surigao City was only part time. I do not know what his schooling in Canada is now, but I watched him totally perplexed by 3x7 when he was still twelve years old so he seems to have advanced quite well in the last 2-1/2 years. I last saw him in January of 2012.

• Like 2