Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Something that also has struck me rather odd during the last three hearings I have attended in this murder case which I believe is note worthy, is the interaction between Jerome Devocion and Jeffer Parian at these hearings. Perhaps it is due to their situation of both being confined at Silop prison? Perhaps it is because of the fact that they are both being accused taking part in the murder of Harry Doyle, or that each are claiming of being innocent of the charges being laid against them, but they both seem quite comfortable, friendly and often jovial as they sit on the bench together.  

Here is Jerome Devocion (Harry Doyle's driver/bodyguard) being accused of conspiring with Jane Doyle to help kill his boss and suspected of fathering Jane Doyle’s infant son Daniel Doyle, sitting on a long bench at the courtroom next to Jeffery Parian who is the very man being accused of brutally murdering his unarmed boss in front of the Doyle family. Jerome Devocion in his statement to the PNP investigators at the murder scene stated that he had never seen nor had ever known either of the two men who murdered his boss. Jerome Devocion who claims that he is completely innocence of any part in such a conspiracy, a person who first hand witnessed the brutal slaying of his boss in front of the Doyle family he was being paid to protect. The man who claims that the shooters merely walked up to Harry Doyle, with faces masked, begging for food before shooting to death his former boss: sitting quite comfortably next to the accused boss killer engaging in friendly conversation and often joking around. All the while listen to witness testifying how they personally witnessing Jeffery Parian and his brother Johnny Parian being at the resort literally for hours and never once did these witnesses never see the Parian brother mask their faces; and told how they saw the two Parian brothers have interaction and face to face conversations with both Jerome Devocion and Tess Silvosa (Harry Doyle’s new secretary) at the resort before the shooting event occurred.  

Now it is easy for me to second guess this behaviour not being confined together, but I certainly know what it is like being accused by both Jane Doyle and Jerome Devocion as being the one they believe was the one who had Harry Doyle murdered. I just could not see myself under the same condition and being an innocent man sitting next to very man identified as the one who murdered his former boss. I know myself and I would not want the murder of boss to be handcuffed to me, nor sitting next to me, in fact the prison security team would probably have their hands full keep me separated from the man because I would be punching him upside his head ever chance I could get. I do believe with some certainty that I would not be acting like best buds during the court trial. It may just be me but I find this to be a bit odd.

There is also something that PNP investigator Rosemarie Almazan once remarked to that still lingers in the back of my mind, she said, “Is it not strange that the witnesses sitting at the other bungalow could positively identify the two shooters, while all those who were much closer can neither identify these two shooters as being the ones who did or did not shot Harry Doyle?”     

• Like 4

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

I forgot to mention this earlier...  Last month I drove out to Nova Scotia to see my children and grandchildren before I head to the Philippines...  And I spent a night in Fredericton where Jane is staying in Canada.   I asked the desk clerk at the first hotel what she thought of what was going on and i was kicked out of the hotel.  No recourse - gone.  So I asked at the next hotel the same question.  No reply - just dirty looks.  I wish I knew what they were thinking.

:unsure: 

I thought Canadians were all suppose to be so friendly? :mocking:

I do hear the locals are not too happy since Harry was born and raised in their community and he was very active in commercial real estate and purchased small hotels and small strip canters within the community, perhaps you hit a major nerve or was in a hotel he once owned; also as it is in the National news with regularity they may get that question a lot. I do find their behaviour being a bad business practice. You should post the name of the hotel as I know with certainty that the Fredericton locals read this thread for regular updates.

• Like 2

HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted

I forgot to mention this earlier...  Last month I drove out to Nova Scotia to see my children and grandchildren before I head to the Philippines...  And I spent a night in Fredericton where Jane is staying in Canada.   I asked the desk clerk at the first hotel what she thought of what was going on and i was kicked out of the hotel.  No recourse - gone.  So I asked at the next hotel the same question.  No reply - just dirty looks.  I wish I knew what they were thinking.

:unsure:  :mocking:

say what?

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I won't give the names of the hotels as I will probably be staying there again sometime next month.  Let me just say that they are well known international brands that usually fall into the business class and surprisingly were priced as the more expensive hotels in town.  

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Thank you James. The photos and video are a great help.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Update:

Last week two witnesses for the Prosecution took the stand in the murder trial of Harry Doyle. One was Ann Doyle who along with her sister Joan Doyle travelled here from Canada to be a part of these proceedings. It was nice to see these two ladies, and upon leaving Surigao City they commented were both quite pleased with their legal council Atty. Alfonso S. "Pons" Casurra for the way he has handled the case so far. Friday morning I took the stand and after I was questioned by Prosecution atty. Casurra I was crossed-examined by the public defender assigned to represent suspect Jeffery Parian who is being accused of being one of the two suspects accused of gunning down Harry Doyle as he had his arm raised, killing his in front of his family in the Palma Beach Resort in Punta Bilar, Surigao City. Time expired Friday so the council paid by Jane Doyle, wife of Harry Doyle, Atty. Zerda did not have the time to conduct his cross-examination of me; so I am scheduled to once again take the stand Monday morning at the Surigao City Capital Courthouse. I am quite sure Atty. Zerda is just chomping at the bits to try his ongoing campaign of trying to implicate me in the Feb. 1, 2012 attempted shooting of Harry Doyle and trying to imply I masterminded the murder of Harry Doyle on   Aug. 12, 2012. Well it helps keep life more interesting living here in the Philippines.

Second Update:

I was told by Atty. Casurra who is the private prosecutor representing the Canadian family of Harry Doyle that the documents and extradition request paperwork for Jane Doyle, wife of Harry Doyle, will be completed in the next five days; so the case file, arrest warrant and extradition request are finally going to be sent to Manila so they can be handed over to the Manila office of INTERPOL who will be tasked with forwarding all documents to Ottawa, Canada.   

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Keep it up.

HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted

James they cast the wrong guy to play Ironman..It should have been you.

I must say you have an exemplary attitude. 

My hat is off to you sir

• Like 3