Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I would expect his schooling in Canada to be pretty serious, but no part of that message was composed by a 14-15 year old boy; that is his mother speaking through him.

I have an MA in English from Cambridge University; I only mention this to show that I do have some knowledge of textual analysis

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted

This is a Facebook message my wife recieved from Joseph Doyle on Thursday and a follow up message. As Joseph is autistic I have to wonder if he in fact wrote the message himself or if he had adult help writting the letter. I post it as

I feel sorry for (big) Joseph if in fact his mother is found guilty as he will perhaps lose both his parents which is the real tragedy in this twisted tale of ironies. So I will now bare the blunt of his anger so

Hey Master Guns (meanest grunt in US Marine Corp),

Against all odds, you did the right thing because it was righteous to begin with.  As a good Marine, you made a command

decision and continued to stand up for your personal conviction about seeking justice for Joseph's father.  As a former

command master chief, I'm promoting you from Gunnery Sergeant to a bulldog Master Guns.  I would follow you up that

hill, guns blazing and high fiving with cold San Magoo waiting for us at the top.  

Yeah, let's get some........again, I salute your Marine!  

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

I would expect his schooling in Canada to be pretty serious, but no part of that message was composed by a 14-15 year old boy; that is his mother speaking through him.

I have an MA in English from Cambridge University; I only mention this to show that I do have some knowledge of textual analysis

Hey Andrew,

I had to do a double take -- I thought you wrote sexual analysis instead.  My mind is in the gutter this morning.....he, he.

Anyway, I totally agree with you.  Words and thoughts were induced into that young boy Joseph.  I hope his hatred will

be redirected to the actual killers, including his own mother unfortunately.  

By the way, I PM'd you about textual analysis.......

Good morning guys!

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

James,

We all know that you did the right thing from the very beginning. And, those are not words from Joseph so you shouldn't feel bad about the messages.  Those words came from someone who is trying to twist the truth and spread lies.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

There's only one point I want to make which proves how the justice system(s) are working. This is a murder case. There are 4 suspects.  Its been 2 years since the murder.  None of the 4 suspects have been arrested for the murder.  In most countries a person cannot go 2 years without paying parking tickets without being arrested.  Does this means that getting a parking ticket in other countries is more serious than murder in the Philippines?

I think the facts speak for themselves.

What kind of legal system does this country have?  Suspects are not arrested but people who are innocent are arrested on the spot. Just last week a man on a motorcycle was passing other vehicles when he hit a truck head on and died. The truck driver was innocent but he was arrested, why?  What kind of screwed up thinking is that?  People known to be innocent are arrested but suspects are allowed to go on their merry way.  Jane should not have been allowed to leave the Philippines.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

There's only one point I want to make which proves how the justice system(s) are working. This is a murder case. There are 4 suspects.  Its been 2 years since the murder.  None of the 4 suspects have been arrested for the murder.  In most countries a person cannot go 2 years without paying parking tickets without being arrested.  Does this means that getting a parking ticket in other countries is more serious than murder in the Philippines?

I think the facts speak for themselves.

What kind of legal system does this country have?  Suspects are not arrested but people who are innocent are arrested on the spot. Just last week a man on a motorcycle was passing other vehicles when he hit a truck head on and died. The truck driver was innocent but he was arrested, why?  What kind of screwed up thinking is that?  People known to be innocent are arrested but suspects are allowed to go on their merry way.  Jane should not have been allowed to leave the Philippines.

We will soon see if you are right. Tomorrow (Monday the 18th) the trial starts and the prosecution will put their first witness on the stand. Both Jerome Devocian and Jeffery Parian will be there to face the charges for Harry's murder. Once the prosecution presents their two prime witness from the Punta Bilar resort murder scene and the Canadian notarized statement of the Canadian citizen from the "Mario's" restro/bar before the court judge, then Atty. Casurra will add these three key  documents to the case file contained in the extradition package and then sent off to Canada to request the extradition of Jane Doyle back to Surigao City to face the charge of Parricide" in the murder of her husband.

One reason I feel this case has taken so long is that the lawyer Atty. Zerda who is employed by Jane has done everything in his power to drag out the whole process at every turn and opportunity. I believe he has done so to give Jane as much time possible in Canada in the hopes she could secure the funds from Harry’s estate. Of course Jane did not expect that when she went to Canada that she would only get 1/2 ($100k) of the joint investment fund, that the oldest son would contest the new Philippine Will or that all of Harry’s estate would be frozen until the outcome of the trial.  I believe there is a very strong possibility that Jane may very well be the first Filipino ever extradited from Canada. I believe this case has actually progressed further and quicker than any other case involving a murdered expat that I know of, which I think speaks volumes as to the professionalism and tireless efforts of the Surigao city PNP investigators SPO1 Almazan and SPO1 Miole as well as attorney and law professor Alfonzo S. Casurra.  Things should start getting interesting in the days to come.

• Like 3

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Update: Day one of Harry Doyle trial:

The Surigao City prosecutor and Special Prosecutor Atty. Alfonzo S. Casurra officially opened on the first day of the Harry Doyle murder trial in the Surigao City Capital courthouse. The first witness witness to take the stand was respected businessmen Mr. Martlaw C. Orquina who is one of two Prime witnesses from the Punta Bilar resort murder scene took the stand and gave his statement as both Jerome Devocion and Jeffery Parian sat handcuffed in attendance. Special Prosecutor Atty. Cusurra started his questioning of Mr. Orquina signed Affidavit before the court judge. Mr. Orquina stated that when his party had first arrived they took the left bungalow for a family birthday celebration for Mr. Orquina's mother. Also attending their birthday party was family members Surigao City Councilmen Lemuel Sulapas, Surigao City Board Member Edgar Andanar  and San Juan Barangay Captian Pepe Consigo

That when they arrived around 12:00 pm on Aug. 12, 2012 they noticed Jerome Devocion already there sitting by the shoreline and later he noticed both Jeffery and Johnny Parian in the resort. Shortly after the SUV containing Jane, Harry and children arrived. Later during their celebration Mr. Orquina noticed Jerome Devocion talking to the two Parian brothers on two different occasions and noticed Jerome seemed to look uneasy. He watched as Harry went into the water to swim and noticed the two Parian brother go into the water still fully clothed and try to make their way towards Harry but both returned to the seashore.  

He stated that He later observed the two Parian brothers leave out the front of the resort and from his location he observed the two brothers for a few minutes and then around 3:35pm he noticed the two Parian brother return through the front gates and they both walked over to the Doyle's bungalow near Harry. Then he saw Jerome Devocion offer the two brothers some cooked cassava to the two Parian brothers but Harry objected and stood up shouting 'Get out of this cottage!" Harry then pushed Johnny Parian when both brothers pulled handguns and aimed them at Harry who raised his arms.

Mr. Orquina said that that time his uncle Board Member Edgar Andanar seeing this shouted "Ajaw Bay!" (Oh man don't do it!) as the brothers both fired shots two shots at Harry Doyle while his arms were still raised. Mr. Orquina said that the two shooters then threatened the party at his table by turning their firearm at his family and Brgy. Captain Consigo shouted "Way Amo Labot Bay" (We don't want to be part of it!"). The brothers then turned their firearms back towards Harry and continued firing multiple shots. He said that during the shooting Jane Doyle ran into the bungalow of the Orquina party and crouched down saying, "Sir Tabange ko Mapunitan ko ani buritis raba ko" (Sir help me I am pregnant, I don't want to miscarrage) as Jerome Devocion hovered over the top of her. Mr. Orquina after the Parian brothers Johnny and Jeffery fired their last shot left the scene.

Mr. Orquina said that Jerome Devocion failed to protect his boss. That he saw that Harry was lying on the concrete shirtless and on his back gasping for air. He told Atty. Casurra that he believed Harry was still obviously alive for at least 20-25 minutes after he was shot. He also noted that Jerome or any other member of the Doyle party failed to try to transport Harry in their SUV parked only a few yards from where Harry was lying. He said that by the time the EMTs and the PNP (he said they arrived at the same time) arrived on the scene it was too late as Harry was pronounced dead by the rescue team.

Atty. Casurra questioned Mr. Orquina about paragraph # 13 of his statement where he had that he noticed that the responding police officers conducting the investigation failed to recover any empty shells from the scene, and he observed Jerome Devocian busy cleaning the area and vacating the children to their vehicle. He told Atty. Casurra that he observed Jerome moving in and out of bungalow before either the EMTs or the PNP arrived but he did not observe him actually pick anything up.

The defense lawyer for Jane Doyle and Jerome Devocion Atty. Zerda then conducted his cross-examination of Mr. Orquina Affidavit and he too focused on paragraph # 13 but both Atty. Casurra as well as the judge told Atty. Zerda that Mr. Qrquina had clarified to satisfaction and had stated that he had not observed Jerome Devocion pick up anything from the crime scene. Atty Zerda focused on if the PNP had given him a prepared Affidavit to sign, if he had gone to the Police station or if the PNP came to his home first, and the Gallery photos that the PNP showed him which he identified both Parian brothers Jeffery and Johnny and finally why he waited to contact the PNP to give a Statement. Mr. Orquina told Atty Zerda. That the PNP had come to his residence (how many times he was not sure) and when he decided to testify he called the PNP who came to his home and wrote down what he had told them, that they did make a rough draft and when he was sure all the facts he told them was right the investigators brought to his home the final draft which he signed after he had read the final draft and was satisfied that it was accurate. As to the photo gallery he explained that SPO1 Rosemarie Almazan had showed him the two documents containing mugshot photos that he recognized both Jeffery Parian and Joseph Parian and after which he was instructed by SPO1 Almazan to circle the photos of each suspect and then to put his initial beside each circle. As to his query why Mr. Orquina waited to give a statement, he said he had to think about testifying, that he needed to ask his family and that he was fearful for his life and the safety of his family. Atty. Zerda asked him why he chose to give a statement then, which he replied. "I am a Catholic, I go to church every day, I am a father and my son was there too, so how could I not do the right thing?" If Atty. Zerda was trying to tear away any part of Mr. Orquina's Affidavit he feel well short, but the judge did get quit upset and Atty. Zerda's slouching mannerism during his cross-examination as he repeatedly demanded he stand up when he was addressing the witness or the court.

The Prosecution has a total of 14 witnesses to present to the court. I know that some of the witnesses need assistance for travel expenses back and forth from where they have been forced to relocate to the Surigao city courtroom and then return fare. The Prosecution needs assistance from the Doyle family who I am quite sure could certainly use help to raise the funds. I will try to get more details on the amount needed and post it once I get the figure from Atty Casurra. Please help the Doyle sisters. I can cover my own expenses but some of the witnesses would be too burdened by the cost to be able to appear in court. It would be a shame to lose the testimony of several key witnesses.

• Like 4

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Im filipina ...........  i dont need an MA in English to spot the writing was from a fellow filipina ...........  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

This Video is the New Brunswick Global TV evening news report brodcast. The leading story is the 2nd Anniversery report of the murder of Harry Doyle.

http://globalnews.ca/video/1503295/new-brunswick-evening-news-aug-11

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

From the news piece it seems both men had their faces covered? Is that what you guys read?

The two brother were witnessed as exiting the "Palma Resort" through a small front gate next to the Main Gates and then returning shortly. The party in the Bungalow said they could clearly see their faces as the Parian brothers approached where Harry was sitting reading a newspaper and their faces could be seen as the scuffle broke out and the weapons were pulled. That once the Parian brothers had fired a few shots at Harry they both turned their weapons at their group who could clearly see their faces and then turned their weapons back at Harry and both continued firing. I believe this is just of the discrepancies that the Surigao City PNP wishes to clear up with the Doyle group, as the statements given that afternoon to the PNP investigators seem to differ greatly between the witnesses of both bungalows.

I may not be the sharpest or brightest crayola in the box, but it seems at least one of those witnesses from both bungalows would have similar statements of what they witnessed that day? Seem to me something smells fisher than a wet-market here and some explaining is perhaps in order.

That video also made a mistake. There have been three previous cases of three different Filipinos (not Jane Doyle) that the Philippines has tried to extradite from Canada which each have failed because Canada refused these extradition requests. When the lawyer hired by the Canadian family of Harry Doyle has the statements of the prime prosecution witnesses properly presented before the court judge and has them crossed-examined by the defence attorney then Atty. Zerda will send the needed documents and paperwork for the extradition of Jane, this will only be the first attempt to extradite Jane Doyle. Atty. A. S. Casurra only gets one shot at the extradition of a Filipino citizen from Canada and if that extradition request is refused by Canadian courts than it is final and end of subject, so all their ducks better be in a row with all the “i’s” dotted and “t’s” crossed and their strongest possible case presented. 

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 1