Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

James they cast the wrong guy to play Ironman..It should have been you.

I must say you have an exemplary attitude. 

My hat is off to you sir

I'm certainly no Ironman, rather I am just a stubborn knot-head that God designed to be too damn stupid to back down or quit. The real heroes are my wife and son who stood firmly behind my decision not to yield to the intimidation even when it also endangered them. I have been blessed with an exceptional family who are certainly better than I deserve.

I can say that it certainly feels good to finally have had the chance to take the stand in this case. To be truthful with the members, over the last two years there were those times I was not sure I would still be breathing when this time came.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Update:

There is a strong adherence to the "Sub Judice rule" here in the Philippines which I must be careful not to cross so this is what I can post at this time..

During the first week of this month two of Harry Doyles sisters traveled here to Surigao City from Canada to attend the hearings. They were accompanied by a Manila film crew hired by Canadian CTV news W5, which I am told is similar to our US program "60--Minutes". Ann Doyle (Harry's oldest sister and Execrator of his estate) took the stand on the 4th and 5th and was cross-examined by the lawyers representing both Jerome Devocion and Jeffery Parian. After the hearing on Nov, 5 the sisters accompanied by the two-man film crew,, PNP Inspector Rosemarie Almazan, security team, Miss. Kima and my wife and myself went to Mario’s Restro Bar, which was where the Surigao City expats use to hold regular meetings, to eat lunch. After eating we all traveled to the Palma Beach resort in Punta Bilar to view where Harry Doyle was murdered. Harry Doyle was an avid swimmer and both Ann and Joan Doyle went for a swim together where their brother had taken his last swim. I believe in a way it allowed them to feel closer to their brother and it perhaps allowed them a sense of closure.

I took the stand Nov. 6th and the 10th to testify and to be properly crossed-examined by the defense attorneys representing Jerome Devocion and Jeffery Parian. The attorney hired by Jane Doyle to represent Jerome Devocion seemed determined to try implicating me in both the previous shooting attempt and also for the Aug, 12th murder of Harry Doyle, but I feel he was not too successful. The fact that I was never considered a viable suspect by the PNP investigators in either case, or that no charges were ever filed by the PNP investigators in either case did not seem to detour Atty. Zerda from trying to push their ongoing agenda to try to implicate me before the court and the press. The next hearings are scheduled for the first weeks of this December which will probably see Miss. Kima (Harry's former secretary) and Arnel (Harry's former driver) take the stand, both also have cases presently before the courts charging Jerome Devocion as the Primary suspect in both their cases. Also I was told that the PNP investigators and the PNP corner who conducted the autopsy on Harry Doyle will be taking the stand. I do not know if there are enough dates scheduled as each witness will most likely be cross-examined by both defense attorneys which can be rather time consuming. If not than additional dates will be needed to be scheduled so all the witnesses for the prosecution can take the stand. Once the prosecution has all their witnesses testify and properly cross-examined than the following hearings dates will be for the defense witnesses to present their witnesses and then have them take the stand.

The documents needed for the extradition of Jane Doyle have been completed and properly routed to the PNP Chiefs office in Camp Crome, Manila where the case file, arrest warrant and extradition request will then be routed to the Manila office of INTERPOL also in Camp Crome. It will be INTERPOL who will be tasked with forwarding the documents to Ottawa. The special private prosicutor Atty. Casura has been in regular contact with Canadian officials who are aware of the extradition request, and he personally hand-delivered the documents to Camp Crome last week. Sorry but this is really all I can say about the court case at this time.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Update:

Hearings were held on the 8th, 9th and 10th of this week. The prosecution called SPO2 Inspector Rosemarie Almazan to take the stand. Her testimony and her cross-examination took up all three dates. Hearings will be held in the month of February and March to try to allow the other remaining prosecution witnesses to take the stand.

As a side note I saw the official ballistic report for the first time today on two slugs that were removed from Harry Doyle during the autopsy conducted by request of the PNP. One was identified as a .45 round (6 groves with a right twists) and the other round was a .22 round (5 groves with left twists). I have never heard it reported that rounds had been both recovered and also sent off for ballistic tests to be conducted.

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Update:

Hearings were held on the 8th, 9th and 10th of this week. The prosecution called SPO2 Inspector Rosemarie Almazan to take the stand. Her testimony and her cross-examination took up all three dates. Hearings will be held in the month of February and March to try to allow the other remaining prosecution witnesses to take the stand.

As a side note I saw the official ballistic report for the first time today on two slugs that were removed from Harry Doyle during the autopsy conducted by request of the PNP. One was identified as a .45 round (6 groves with a right twists) and the other round was a .22 round (5 groves with left twists). I have never heard it reported that rounds had been both recovered and also sent off for ballistic tests to be conducted.

Its good to keep things like this confidential so the evidence cannot be stolen or someone involved in the process either killed or bribed.

This evidence proves that there were at least 2 guns used in his murder.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

2 different calibers show 2 different shooters acting together. Did they ever recover a weapon to match it with?

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

2 different calibers show 2 different shooters acting together. Did they ever recover a weapon to match it with?

No weopon was ever recovered. Harry I believe had three exit wounds accourding to the autopsy but there were no spent rounds or ejected shell casings found at the crime scene by either the PNP investigators or the SOCO team.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Probably they were using revolvers which do not leave shell casings unless the shooter reloads.  As many have said, its easy to buy illegal guns in the Philippines therefore its easy to sell them too.  There's a big market for illegal guns since there are criminals in every city.

• 2 months later...
HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted

Hey James 

I hope you are well and is there any news?

tks

Bruce

• 1 month later...
HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks James the update is most welcome.

Did I read yesterday a typhoon is barreling down on you? 

Say - what is the difference between mariculture and aquaculture? is it flora fauna gone wet?

A project with a bit of both I considered years ago when working in the intertidal zone harvesting mussels (Mytilus edulis) was a process whereby some substrate would be charged while suspended in the ocean and calcium would deposit on it creating panels which could be used in construction. Prolly a little far out but somebody will do it somewhere

Glad to hear you are up to knees in something other than Harry's mess.

Edited by HarryBeatMeAtTennis
  • Like 5