Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Her conclusion is the baby is pure Filipino.

My wife says that also, the baby is 100% filipino. She says that a baby from a foreigner father takes on most of the features of the foreigner. She sees none here.

I don't know about other features, but Asian hair and eye color is dominating* over kaukasian. (I BELIEVE skin color and body length are NOT dominating genes.)
E g look at the American 6-lings Goslins. They are only 1/4 Asian (Korean) and they look mainly Asian anyway.

*"Dominating"  = That look shows even if genes are 1-1.    So if both parents are 1-1 it's only 1 of 4 children in average, who will look the not dominating.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Arnel lost his job because he refused to do something quite questionable that Harry wanted him to do which went totally against his very nature. This is why Harry hired Jerome because he would do what Arnel could not. In short, Arnel and Miss. Kima simply just knew too much.

There is a real and present fear that his health is quickly diminishing due to complications from the shooting. Arnel is a first cousin of Jane Doyle but it is believed that Jane and Harry Doyle had a 50,000p bounty on both Arnel and Miss. Kima.

Seems to me Harry was not such a nice guy. If he had a bounty on others for their death then he got what they were going to get. He is just as much of a criminal as the others but now a dead one.

If my understanding of this thread is correct that is.

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword, and often by his own sword

Americano
Posted
Posted

Her conclusion is the baby is pure Filipino.

My wife says that also, the baby is 100% filipino. She says that a baby from a foreigner father takes on most of the features of the foreigner. She sees none here.

I don't know about other features, but Asian hair and eye color is dominating* over kaukasian. (I BELIEVE skin color and body length are NOT dominating genes.)

E g look at the American 6-lings Goslins. They are only 1/4 Asian (Korean) and they look mainly Asian anyway.

*"Dominating"  = That look shows even if genes are 1-1.    So if both parents are 1-1 it's only 1 of 4 children in average, who will look the not dominating.

I don't agree with all of your observations. I have a friend from Belgium who lives here in Carcar. He has a baby girl who is less than 2 years old with a Filipina mother. The baby has brown hair and a nose shaped like her father. She has a round face like her mother and has dark eyes.

My sister in law married an American in Bohol and they have a baby boy who will be 2 in July. The baby has light brown hair, brown eyes, a nose and mouth like his father. Do you see anything that looks like a Filipino?  Half Filipino does not always equal black hair and black eyes.

post-2065-0-57375200-1393169554_thumb.jp

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I don't agree with all of your observations. I have a friend from Belgium who lives here in Carcar. He has a baby girl who is less than 2 years old with a Filipina mother. The baby has brown hair and a nose shaped like her father. She has a round face like her mother and has dark eyes. My sister in law married an American in Bohol and they have a baby boy who will be 2 in July. The baby has light brown hair, brown eyes, a nose and mouth like his father. Do you see anything that looks like a Filipino? Half Filipino does not always equal black hair and black eyes.
Well. Some of what I wrote (=black hair and eyes are dominating at 1-1) I did read in some source I counted as scientific, I have forgot where. And the brown/black eyes domination over blue eyes, Swedish school taught us when I were a child.

But still can BOTH what you and I wrote suit each other, because don't forget many Filipins are SOME MIXED (e g a Spanish or American (great) grandfather from the colonisation period). So there are many NOT dominating genes "hiding" among Filipins until they get better chance to show by they get child with an additional kaukasian. Remember to make NOT dominating genes to SHOW, the child have to get 1+1 "white" gene from father AND mother.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Since a discussion in the last few posts are centered around the new born son. I have two photos to post. One is Jane Doyle and Jerome Devocion sitting side beside and the other it a more close up photo of the little boy being held by a friend of Jane Doyle taken in Canada..

408768_3930256374710_894270794_n.jpg

1907559_10201824546795214_441415126_n.jp

Markham
Posted
Posted

I have two half-Filipino sons and both were born with considerably whiter skin and lighter coloured hair than Jane Doyle's whom I would say is pure Filipino. Babies with Caucasian blood generally are not born with dark brown eyes,

It seems to me that in Canada justice has given way to political correctness. One could understand their attitude in the case of Canadian citizens accused of crimes abroad but they seem equally protective of foreigners accused of capital crimes back in their homeland.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Since a discussion in the last few posts are centered around the new born son. I have two photos to post. One is Jane Doyle and Jerome Devocion sitting side beside and the other it a more close up photo of the little boy being held by a friend of Jane Doyle taken in Canada..

408768_3930256374710_894270794_n.jpg

1907559_10201824546795214_441415126_n.jp

I haven't seen so many Filipin/Mixed babies to compare with fathers, but don't he look alike Jerome?

Babies with Caucasian blood generally are not born with dark brown eyes,
Are you sure of that?   As I was told in school brown eye color is dominated. (Although as I wrote earlier many Filipins have some kaukasian blood already, so it's possible anyway as you say. Some Filipins - mainly in Manila - look even more Spanish than Filipins...

And at least among kaukasians it's common that children are born with a light eye color, which switch when they get some older.

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Up Date: Arnel's shooting case against Jerome Devocion

Arnel took the stand today and was questioned by atty. Casurra and Jerome's lawyer atty. Zerda as well as the presiding judge. Arnel was strong and confident and his testimony was very damaging to Jerome's defense. When atty. Zerda questioned him Arnel never wavered and in the end I feel the more questions atty. Zerda tried to ask to weaken his statement, the more Arnel's answers to his questions only further strengthen it. Arnel is suffering from failing health due to the injuries he received during that shooting, it is for this reason that atty. Casurra requested an early hearing date so he could give his statement before the judge before this case officially goes to trial starting next month. 

The judge and lawyers arranged and assigned the court dates this morning after Arnel was excused after the cross-examination. The prosecutor will have 5 additional days scheduled so he can present his witnesses and Jerome's lawyer will also have 5 days to properly present his witnesses. These days were scheduled in the months of March and April. Both sides should have presented their case and the trial concluded, and the judge's final decision given before May of this year.  The judge who's court this case was assigned was recently brought in from Manila and is considered "incorruptible", so this will be a fair trial free of any possible payoffs, special favors, and or bribes.

Atty. Casurra was very please with how well Arnel held up during the hearing this morning despite his weaken health due to injuries suffered in the shooting last year, and I was also very happy to see Miss. Kima appear in the courtroom today to help strengthen Arnel's spirits. It was good to see both of my good friends together as the last time was before Arnel was shot and they both then had to go deep into hiding. Miss Kima also has her arson case currently scheduled in the Surigao City courts, in fact it was the arrest warrant filed during her arson case that put Jerome in lockup and took him off the streets. I hope her the best as Jerome Devocion is also the primary suspect in that January 1, 2011 fire which could have killed or injured a family of six as they slept. Unusually heavy rains that morning slowed the fire and allowed her family to barely escape the flames.

After today even if henchmen somehow do find Arnel and they then further injure or even kill Arnel, it will do little good as his statement has now been presented in court and it will standup during the trial, in fact, if he is harmed in anyway it will only further strengthen his case against Jerome and Jane Doyle. Atty. Casurra told me as we left the courthouse today, "Arnel did really good, no matter what happens after this, he has won his case already."

Atty. Casurra also said he had earlier found the holdup on the paperwork for the arrest warrant issued for Jane Doyle and was able to push it forward. He told me that he had to first concentrate on getting Arnel on the witness stand early and to clear his schedule. He said now that it was done he will be traveling back up to Manila next week to personally follow-up on the arrest warrant for Jane Doyle. I hope INTERPOL will be handing it to Ottawa very soon so it can be served and the extradition process can begin. I truly respect atty. Casurra and someday I hope the Doyle family can fully appreciate all that he has done to help the Doyle's to find justice for Harry's murder. He has been dedicated and I believe he has gone well above and beyond what would be expected of him. He did a masterful job at presenting this case before the City Prosecutor's office and before the judge which brought about the issuing of the arrest warrants. Then he tracked down these documents through the bureaucracy of the National Police all the way to Camp Crome, Manila. My hat is off to him, and he has certainly earned my respect.

• Like 5

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

double post

Edited by jamesmusslewhite

HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hooray(h) - score one for the good guys finally

Edited by HarryBeatMeAtTennis
  • Like 2