Meeting Her And Her Family For The First Time

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear that my friend!

Well, there is always the philosophical way to look at it... Now you can look like one of the Beatles during their heyday with all the girls chasing after you!

:unsure: :541:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear that my friend!

Well, there is always the philosophical way to look at it... Now you can look like one of the Beatles during their heyday with all the girls chasing after you!

:unsure: :541:

Thanks.

Yeah, well... as the saying goes... there are more fish in the sea. Guess I will do a bit of fishing on my next visit.

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Yeah, well... as the saying goes... there are more fish in the sea. Guess I will do a bit of fishing on my next visit.

Here is another update. I really thought it was over. We both decided it was over, but on good terms, and likely not to even chat again.

That didn't last very long. My fishing license has been revoked.

Things are back on again with the girlfriend and we are making plans for my long visit starting in Dec. after I retire. Now our relationship is even better than before. I may very well have found that special someone.

Ohh... for Ashanti... there very well could be some bodice ripping on my next visit. But Philippines Romantic Survivor is a family show... so that will not make it to the publicly aired show!

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Now our relationship is even better than before. I may very well have found that special someone.

One of the things I have noticed about some (many) filipinas is they like to hold the reins. One of the things I have noticed about some (many) expats is that they like a girl who can manipulate them.

I don't understand it but it works for a lot of guys here. My guess is that we are conditioned to it by western gals and that is something I came here to get away from. Good luck with it.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Now our relationship is even better than before. I may very well have found that special someone.

One of the things I have noticed about some (many) filipinas is they like to hold the reins. One of the things I have noticed about some (many) expats is that they like a girl who can manipulate them.

I don't understand it but it works for a lot of guys here. My guess is that we are conditioned to it by western gals and that is something I came here to get away from. Good luck with it.

I am not sure that is the case here. I guess time will tell.

Thanks

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
With a little time to reflect she made her own adjustment (and I learned more about her and made my own adjustment). Me manipulated? Or her learning? I'm okay if it is some of both because life is a balance... she is still my WoNdErFuL LoVe and ThE OnLy WoMaN for ME!

I think you summed it up very well. She just needed a little time to resolve some inner conflicts and adjust her expectations.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Oh gosh... Now I'm gushing... hehe!

Seriously I can relate. I had one girlfriend a few years ago where everything was so on-again off-again! In this case I was fortunate that off-again followed on-again!

Good luck to you both and I hope all ends well!

:tiphat:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Oh gosh... Now I'm gushing... hehe!

Seriously I can relate. I had one girlfriend a few years ago where everything was so on-again off-again! In this case I was fortunate that off-again followed on-again!

Good luck to you both and I hope all ends well!

:tiphat:

Thanks Bob.

In this case it was more about her being very shy, reserved and cautious. The conflict between those traits and her feelings for me were making her unhappy and left me wondering if we had any future together. Now that she has resolved that inner conflict our relationship is so much better.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
TriedIt
Posted
Posted
On 9/17/2012 at 12:04 AM, earthdome said:

Next week I will be visiting the philippines to meet my online girlfriend for the first time and meet her family.

This will be my third visit to the Philippines in the last year but the first time to meet a girls family.

It seems to be a good family, the father has a small business, the older children have all attended college.

My girlfriend has an older sister who married a brit and currently lives in the UK so meeting the foreigner

isn't new to them.

They live in a provincial capital, a city of 100,000, and I will be staying in a hotel.

She still lives at home with the family and the first evening will cook dinner for me and her family.

Then spend time getting to know her parents better.

After a few days, if all goes well, my girlfriend will accompany me to areas I want to check out for retirement.

Any suggestions or advice to help this go smoothly?

I have been married to a Pinay from a "good family" for over a decade!!! I thought having been sucesfull in Business, and Life, I would be good here..... The only testimony I can share is unfortunatly I have come discover what a Narcissist is and that I am married to one! The sex is disgusting, she is like a rag doll and wants to be pleasured..... if this appeals to any of you guys, please take my wife off my hands!

To make matters worse, she had a relative (mid 20s who married ex Military guy last year) visit us, so she could drop off her teenage son to live with us for an unlimited number of years!!!! I  said no thanks.... now get this her relative told my wife she is not having any sex with her husband either!!!!

Guys.... learn from my mistakes.... just because someone comes from a "GOOD FAMILY" and is very devoted to God, does not mean she is going to be faithful, nor a devoted wife, nor a devoted mother to her children!!!! Really get to know your intended over a L O N G  Period of time..... Very Long, and if you have questions in your gut.... my advice is to just KEEP Looking.... the WORST Mistake I made was pulling the trigger too quickly and choosing a good woman who happens to also be Narcissist and they make the worst wives imaginable!

HEED MY WORDS - No matter how old you might be, Does Not Matter!

DO NOT RUSH TO MARRY!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1