Meeting Her And Her Family For The First Time

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ashanti - you have saved my life for when I finally get to the Philippines. So many things I hadn't thought about in this way and probably would have done to the detriment of my relationship as well. I guess a coat of high-gloss polish over white paint on a suit of armour isn't quite all that's needed after all!

I am glad discussion of my experiences may help you avoid some of my mistakes the first time you meet your special someone.

You can read about the cultural differences and think you are ready to handle them, even embrace some of them... but there are so many differences...

so many unstated assumptions... that there is no way you can be fully prepared unless you already have extensive experience with filipino culture on the ground in the Philippines.

Fortunately my girlfriend has an older sister married to a gentleman from the UK who advised her to tell me about her disappointments so we could discuss them. There may yet be hope for us to build a strong relationship.

It's good to see that you and your GF may still have a long and happy life together! I think most strong marriages I know have started from rocky beginnings so here's to you keeping that tradition alive!

My Special Someone and I have discussed the cultural difference issue before. We didn't go into details but I had asked her to let me know when I am doing something different than what the Filipino culture expects for the norm. And I also wrote her another letter this morning reminding her that I will need her help and understanding in this and presented her a few examples of what was normal for a kano and where I may fail without her help. I believe she will be the best teacher not only to her students but to me as well!

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The Earthdome Lifetime Network is pleased to announce that the new hit show Romance Survivor (Philippines edition) will be renewed for a second season. New episodes will start taping in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013.

I will be returning for a second visit with my girlfriend in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013. I will be retired then and able to stay for an extended period, perhaps 2-3 months, before returning to the USA to get ready for the final move next spring.

Thank you to all those who made suggestions, posted insights into filipino culture and provided support.

• Like 5

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

The Earthdome Lifetime Network is pleased to announce that the new hit show Romance Survivor (Philippines edition) will be renewed for a second season. New episodes will start taping in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013.

I will be returning for a second visit with my girlfriend in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013. I will be retired then and able to stay for an extended period, perhaps 2-3 months, before returning to the USA to get ready for the final move next spring.

Thank you to all those who made suggestions, posted insights into filipino culture and provided support.

That's great news earthdome !!! Best of Luck.

• Like 2

Beachboy
Posted
Posted
New episodes will start taping in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013. .....I will be returning for a second visit with my girlfriend in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013.

I am confused, Earthdome. Are you and the GF planning to try out for Romance Survivor? :dance: (Why not!)

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I second Mike - that is Great News!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Well sir, im looking forward to the next episode………………

Could you give us an advance preview, say, do you think theres a chance of bodice ripping scene????????????

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ................

(just teasing, earthdome ............ just teasing :lol: )

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Could you give us an advance preview, say, do you think theres a chance of bodice ripping scene????????????

I think you are trying to get me into big BIG trouble!

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

I think you are trying to get me into big BIG trouble!

one could live in hope, couldnt he ???????????? :36_6_3[1]:

:dance: :lol:

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted (edited)

*looking up the word "bodice"..hmmm....ummmm...ohhhhh* :bonk:

Edited by ibemarshall
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

Season 2 has been cancelled. Probably for the best.

I will still be going to the Philippines for a long term visit Dec 7 to start setting things up for my move.

• Like 3