Ready To Start My New Life...then Why So Nervous Mike!

Mike from BDA
Posted
Posted

Greetings all,

I am ready to begin my new life in the Phillipines, but first is the 'small' matter of resigning from my current job. I am required to give a months notice (to leave on good terms) which for me will be October 1st! Everything is ready for me there in Ilocos...just now need to step into my new life! there!!

...But why am I so nervous....i worry a lot..perhaps too much.. It seemed all too easy to talk about it months ago...but quitting my job is such a big step...especially now with a global recession...it may not be so easy to resume working if i am forced to return home sooner than anticipated.

Maybe I am just having cold feet!

I would be interested to hear from others feelings or emotional state just prior to making thier move to the Phillipines.

Peace

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Go for it Mike, Your not leaving much behind in England, It has gone to the dogs now.

• Like 3

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

Good luck Mike .. dreaming is easy ... I'm still about 3 months behind you ... with me it's not quitting my job .. it's selling my house. When that's done, I'll never be able to afford what I have now .. but I keep reminding myself that staying where I am now will not bring me happiness .. yet when you finally take that first step your must think (am I crazy .. what the %$#@*! am I doing? ). But it will all work out .. after all "It's More Fun in the Philippines" :cheersty: ..(so they say)

• Like 5

Mike from BDA
Posted
Posted

Thanks Beachboy....i keep telling myself it is a leap of faith!!! All of my life i have been so careful with planning and not taking too many risks...so this is a HUGE move for me. Same for me though..staying here is not bringing me happiness that i seek....and another 20 years of this would really drive me insane...if i am not already! :)

Cheers

• Like 3

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

whats funny for me i actually have more in the Philippines then i do here haha if i can kick start my new career there then prob in a year or so i will be making that big leap too !!! i knew a guy in mindoro who had a beach bar and i said what made you leave your country werent you worried ?? he looked at me and said i should have done it sooner and he said sometimes if you sit back and think about it too much you will eventually convince yourself of all the reasons why you SHOULDN'T just do it !! take the bull by the horns so they say i guess !! i wish you luck Mike i wish i was you now :)

O-U-C :thumbsup:

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky
  • Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm down to about another $12k to clear the books before I bail out of here - if I can ever just get back to a full time job - and then you are going to hear nothing but me kicking and screaming all the way to the airport... Can we go faster? Can we go faster? Can we go faster? I'm definitely ready to go - last week!

:mocking:

• Like 4

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

... and here I was thinking I was alone!!

I am 55 YO, single and still working in the US. I intend to leave for Cebu by Thanks Giving. I took a 1 month vacation from work, to give myself time so I'd decide which is better? If Cebu worked for me, then email them my resignation and goodbye to US life!

Mind you, I have been to Manila couple of years ago and the rest of the world so, I am pretty much marinated :)

Do I get second thoughts? Sure! Do I have to do wonders in departing this life, sure! Selling everything at any price is not easy!

However, I know one thing for sure. Staying here and working with the people around here, will get me crazy and make me lose my health pretty quickly.

I also know, that No gain, No pain! I had made lots of jumps in my life, and if some had backfired, then it was ME who did it!

So, in Cebu by Thanks Giving!

One thing I say is, never ever trust nothing but your bank account! If it can handle it, do it!

Zanby.

• Like 5

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I'm off to Cebu on the 17th October to meet in person a lovely girl I've only just known from the internet. It is the second time I'm doing this as my first relationship dissolved with my first GF due to a clash of dreams. We are still friends which is good. I'm excited but I won't expect too much. My plan is to live in Phils and if it doesn't work out this time for one reason or another, then I will just keep moving on. I have also met the family online so its not going to be a big deal when she takes me home to meet Mom, Dad and her siblings. My fear is not Phils or meeting my GF in person but the paperwork involved in staying in RP. Laws can change anytime in regards to Foreigners living on extended Visas so that makes me anxious...probably needlessly. I'm financial at least on this time so I can stay unlike my last visit where I could only stay for 57 days. I can hardly wait :6:

• Like 2