Ready To Start My New Life...then Why So Nervous Mike!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Thanks Beachboy....i keep telling myself it is a leap of faith!!! All of my life i have been so careful with planning and not taking too many risks...so this is a HUGE move for me. Same for me though..staying here is not bringing me happiness that i seek....and another 20 years of this would really drive me insane...if i am not already! :)

Cheers

This reflects exactly where I am at in my life.

I too am getting close. I have only 2 months until retirement and will make the final move sometime next spring after tying up all the loose ends at home.

• Like 5

Potatoman
Posted
Posted

Sold my house in the uk 6 weeks ago; in cebu now spending like a woman in a shoe shop. going to give it a few months & see how it goes; life is exciting

• Like 1

Mike from BDA
Posted
Posted
Everything is ready for me there in Ilocos...just now need to step into my new life! there!!

Where in Ilocos? I just spent 2 weeks in that area.

I will be relocating to Banna to live with my girlfriend and near to some of her family. What parts were you visiting.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Everything is ready for me there in Ilocos...just now need to step into my new life! there!!

I will be relocating to Banna to live with my girlfriend and near to some of her family. What parts were you visiting.

I was in San Fernando City, quite a bit south of your location.

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Ahhhh...La Union...I will be visiting there next trip in March 2013...Bauang...San Juan...and points north all the way up to where Mike will be hangin' and south down to Zambales and Subic area..I will be scouting for a place to land when I retire...I wonder if one of the One Hundred Islands is available? Of course then the name would have to change...so scratch that...

I just researched Banna and see where it is in the province...interestingly up until 1995/96 it was called Espirtu...

Mike from BDA
Posted
Posted

Ahhhh...La Union...I will be visiting there next trip in March 2013...Bauang...San Juan...and points north all the way up to where Mike will be hangin' and south down to Zambales and Subic area..I will be scouting for a place to land when I retire...I wonder if one of the One Hundred Islands is available? Of course then the name would have to change...so scratch that...

I just researched Banna and see where it is in the province...interestingly up until 1995/96 it was called Espirtu...

yes La Union...i did travel through that area last year while i was there. I had the pleasure of travelling from Manilla to Ilocos by private car...it took many hours (12 i think) but it was a great way to see some of the country side.

Perhaps on your trip to the province next March we could meet somewhere...

Cheers

Mike from BDA
Posted
Posted

man...getting so close!!! trying to leave here (workplace) on good terms is really hard..perhaps impossible considering. At work in my office and can't focus one bit. The decision has been made, my resignation notice is in...so why am i still here in this office torturing myself? So i am going to take my remaining vacation days i have and getting done NOW!. I will use the time to finalize my affairs and hang out a bit with my family and friends that i will soon be leaving...a much better use of my time!!! :)

Baby...I will be home soon!!!

:540:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Congrats!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: Mike! I went through the same thing in May I won't say I know but I can guess, how fast your head is spinning, sleepless nights, no appetite. All will be worth it when you check in to the Airport

Bon Voyage my friend :cheersty:

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Mike from BDA
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob,

based on my remaning vacation time my last day here is noon on Oct 24th!!