Ready To Start My New Life...then Why So Nervous Mike!

Beachboy
Posted
Posted
I have so much crap I don't where to start.

LOL .. I've been at it for 6 weeks and I'm only now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel ... you might want to allocate twice as much time as you think you wil need .. and then send your friends and family over here so they can take my junk too .. haha .. but the more stuff I clear out, the happier I am. I'm nervous too, but like you said, the alternative would kill me .. :cheersty:

• Like 3

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don,t think selling up completly is a wise idea myself,i,ve been here 18 months and very bored .I am keeping my house as a safety net just in case things go wrong ,as i rent out the rooms it provides income for me to live here.one thing i get frustrated about is not being able to speak the language ,yes lots of locals speak some english but when your in there company they always talk in there native tongue so you can,t get involved in a good ol chin wag . well i,ll keep going for the time being and see where life takes me

Maybe you need to move to a place with many more foreigners. Subic is nice because its still da probince yet there are many english speaking poreigners.

I will be there by early December setting down some roots and looking for friends. Stop on by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SubicSteve
  • Like 2

Will
Posted
Posted

Our time here in the US is getting shorter, too. (Hopefully!) I have the same problems as you guys, with the too much crap. Back when I was single, I would just throw everything away when I moved, 'cept a couple plates, bowls, etc. Kinda hard now (never moved overseas before) with the wife saying" ate, kuya, lolo, lola, et al can use this and that". Yes, I'm getting nervous, too... but a good nervous. Not the kind I get wondering what do we do if we stay here. And anak is getting bigger, so that will make the trip easier, as well. Really, trying to change my usual stressed-out, hurry-up style to a more mellow one, as well. Oooooommmmm....:)

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

I don,t think selling up completly is a wise idea myself,i,ve been here 18 months and very bored .I am keeping my house as a safety net just in case things go wrong ,as i rent out the rooms it provides income for me to live here.one thing i get frustrated about is not being able to speak the language ,yes lots of locals speak some english but when your in there company they always talk in there native tongue so you can,t get involved in a good ol chin wag . well i,ll keep going for the time being and see where life takes me

Maybe you need to move to a place with many more foreigners. Subic is nice because its still da probince yet there are many english speaking poreigners.

I will be there by early December setting down some roots and looking for friends. Stop on by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the offer but im heading to bacolod city where the g f is from ,she,s got a few family members there with foreign partners so maybe things will improve somewhat.

Mike from BDA
Posted
Posted

Thanks all for the comments...i guess a bit of apprehension is to be expected then considering the magnitude of the move....

So as an update my resignation notice is in :540: and I will be the next expat to join the ranks of those that have made the switch. :cheersty: . Thanksgivning in the States with my family and then.....Ilocos Norte here i come!!!

• Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Now this is a great post to read...I am sure you have an active "to do before I go" list ...something I am looking forward to having when I am at the front of the queue for the "philippines or bust" move...

Ilocos Norte?..man o' man I want to check that area out for a potential retirement landing spot myself...

Please keep us all posted on your Adventures & Best Of Luck!

• Like 2

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Frankly, I never heard of Ilocos Norte? I just googled it and it showed me that it's a the tip of the Philippines! Now that's adventurous? :no:

Me, I chose Cebu and possibly it's surroundings for few reasons. One is, the weather since any thing south of it is considered out of the Hurricanes belt. Two is, its closeness to a city center. Incase I needed some emergency medicals, slouch in some mall and close to an airport. Three, I don't wanted to reduce the chances of getting disappointed. Later on, who knows?

Ok .. call me a wimp but I still value a MacDonalds :cheersty:

Good luck any where it works!

Zanby.

• Like 1

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted
Ok .. call me a wimp but I still value a MacDonalds

I hear ya...with MacDonald's you kinda know what you will be getting in advance *crossing fingers*...

Just in case you are ever in the area on an adventure:

McDonald’s Laoag Address: Along Trece Martinez St. Near cor. F. Castro St., Laoag City, Ilocos Norte

Cheers~~ :cheersty:

• Like 2

buttercup1984
Posted
Posted

I myself, excited and nervous...i think i woke a few times having panic attacks...well midterms are coming also so im a nervous wreck...but back to it, good luck on your journey and new life! i have a few more months to go and i can't wait!

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Everything is ready for me there in Ilocos...just now need to step into my new life! there!!

Where in Ilocos? I just spent 2 weeks in that area.