Acr-I Card Issue Question

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The ACR-I Card is a 2500p piece of plastic. On my arrival at Manila, I presented the card along with my passport at Immigration. The officer pushed the card aside, took the passport and manually typed in my passport number, just as fast as he did on my entry before with no card. If there is a magnetic strip on the back, Immigration does not have a reader. My picture on my card is distorted 1.5 times wider than true. Either the card or my passport moved while it was printed. There is no fingerprint on the back. I did present it when I opened a bank account but the bank has no reader for the magnetic strip. The bank took a copy of my passport only. Just another (hidden) expense.

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

At the moment, the ACR-I card is not really be used on entry but more on exit from the Philippines.  That is because all the systems have not been coordinated together yet.  For now it is used as identification purposes mostly since it is a government issued ID.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I still do not have my ACR-I card as we moved to Manila and it will be ready back in Cebu?  Guess I'll check on next trip.  For now, I went for an extension at the BI office in Pasay (sub-office).  They seemed quite disturbed that I did not have that card.  Maybe they were just disturbed that I came in though.  Most of the customers there were agents with stacks of visas for workers or students, just guessing.  I saw 1 other person I figure was a tourist; the rest??? 

Arrived at 9:30 am and submitted & paid within 15 minutes.  They told me to come back at 1 pm.  At 1 pm they told me to come back at 4 pm.  At 4 pm (we got back there at 3:15) the guard, also the application screener, asked my name and inquired on the status for me.  At 4:20 we were set and on the way...  Not liking the 3 trips!!! I will do the next one back in Cebu City - 45 minutes, 1 trip, DONE.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

At the moment, the ACR-I card is not really be used on entry but more on exit from the Philippines.  That is because all the systems have not been coordinated together yet.  For now it is used as identification purposes mostly since it is a government issued ID.

Don't believe everything you read on the BI website. They check your passport on exit; it's stamped with whatever the visa status is. What someone said earlier, it's a p2500 piece of plastic.

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Greg,

Was that the BI office in Intramuros? When going there it literally takes 1 hour for renewals, last time I filled the application at 9am and collected my passport at 9:50am & aswell as agents there is usually lots of foreigners doing it themselves, there should be none of the messing around you experienced, but you did mention sub office, I was unaware there was another BI office for renewals somewhere else in Manila?

• 1 month later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

Today I did a second visa extension which requires obtaining the ACR-I card.

I walked into the San Fernando, La Union BI office a few minutes after lunchtime, around 1:15PM, and was the first customer after lunch.

It took less than 30 minutes and all I needed was my passport, 7,341 pesos and my warm body. Several more people arrived immediately after me and it looked like they all got processed through as fast as I did. When they returned my passport the clerk said my ACR-I card should arrive at their office in 2-3 weeks and I could call to check on it.

My body was very hot and sweaty because I rode 4km on my bicycle to the BI office. When filling out the form several drops of sweat fell on it. When I turned it in I wondered if they would accept it that way. No problem.

• Like 2

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Greg,

Was that the BI office in Intramuros? When going there it literally takes 1 hour for renewals, last time I filled the application at 9am and collected my passport at 9:50am & aswell as agents there is usually lots of foreigners doing it themselves, there should be none of the messing around you experienced, but you did mention sub office, I was unaware there was another BI office for renewals somewhere else in Manila?

I know I'm slow, but just noticed this...

This sub-office is in Pasay.  A small place on Roxas Blvd.  VERY few people doing anything themselves.  Looked like mostly agents 4 or 5 (processing stacks of 10 or more each), students 4 or 5, and ME & maybe 1 other tourist visa.  The agents seemed to be doing work and student visas if my spy skills are correct.  :unsure:

If I were to process again in Manila I would surely find another office like the one you used.  I will head to Cebu for my next extension though.. SOON, as I NEED to sing some VIDEOKE and my machine is in Guadalupe!!!  PARTY coordinated for 13 April!!! :540:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I could not open a bank account without an ACR-I card.   (BDO - And once I the card I still had to open a joint account with my girlfriend).

The card was quite simple to get.  The immigration office here in Iloilo is not very busy.  There is no line.  You just take a seat and they call you up in the order you came in (really!).  I got my 2nd extension just 2 weeks after my 1st just so I could get the ACR. I plan on doing extensions for 2 years, leave, and come back...  so I had to get the card.  I use it as my main ID at stores etc.  Although we still had to get our satellite tv in my landlords name - no electric bill - no contract with Dream TV apparently ha ha.

The process was very simple.  And the office staff were friendly and helpful. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Faith1388
Posted
Posted

I paid for the ACR-I card at my last extension, 17 Oct 2012. Do I need to go pick it up at BI office?

I hope to leave the country before the next extension is due and not return for over a year, so is there even a point in having it? Do I need it to leave (I'm understanding "no")? I've only officially been here since August, so less than 4 months in country.

Thanks ahead for your reply. :541:

hi! you need to get it because the acr card is 1 year valid and it is important in your tourist extension

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

here is a previous topic that can be of use in case you need to change your address

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/12628-change-of-address-on-acr-card/

another post that I liked(can be of help) is about MIKE S of his report of getting his ACR address changed. .

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/15801-bi-they-are-a-changing/

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1