Husband Of Us Diplomat Killed In Makati City

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If the 4 are guilty I don`t think the Phills can get them off even if they come from rich families. The US gives too much aid here.

You wanna bet ?

It will somehow all go away.

• Like 5

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

If the 4 are guilty I don`t think the Phills can get them off even if they come from rich families. The US gives too much aid here.

You wanna bet ?

It will somehow all go away.

Cant recall the exact case, (Viszona murder?) BUT "rich"kids was convicted, after 10-14yrs, the conviction was "OVER TUNED"

was it "justice" or not?

Hopefully, the ones will BE given their day in court with a "fair" trial

:444:

I bet the families of these "suspects" are already at the embassy .

Crying :SugarwareZ-034: ,

asking to be forgiven,

SAYING that their sorry........ the usual C..P (manure)

I am not a legal expert, if these "families" has US property could they be faced w/a civil suit? :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
after 10-14yrs, the conviction was "OVER TUNED" was it "justice" or not?

They have very strange laws here ..... it seems when all the witnesses are either dead or can't be found or bribed to go away they can reopen the case and with no one to testify they can walk free ...... just like Jason Webb ... Pinky Webb's brother ..... no one left to testify so he was freed ...... it's a strange judicial system indeed ...... someone can be bribed to say they were an eye witness and if proven other wise nothing happens to them they don't jail them for false testimony .... contempt of court or anything .... it just all goes away ..... but then that is life here in the Philippines .... :cheersty:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

The local TV news had a lot on this tonight, unfortunately for me, in Tagalog. There is a security video of the entire incident and they were showing it. There are also US investigators on the ground now.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The local TV news had a lot on this tonight, unfortunately for me, in Tagalog. There is a security video of the entire incident and they were showing it. There are also US investigators on the ground now.

Since this person was a US government employee I expect the US will put pressure on the Philippine government to ensure the crime is solved and prosecuted. Something they normally would not do for the average US citizen.

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

here is the latest update on this story.

seems it was the husband of an embassy staff and assigned to the US mission

he was a former Marine who had served tours in the middle east

MANILA, Philippines - US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents are not in the Philippines to investigate the murder of the husband of an American envoy, the US embassy said Tuesday.

In a text message to ABS-CBN News, the embassy said the FBI has not been tapped to look into the mauling and killing of George Anikow in Bel Air Subdivision, Makati on November 24.

"To be clear, we are not bringing the FBI here regarding the Anikow case," the embassy clarified.

It has condemned the killing, which was caught on a closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera

. http://www.abs-cbnne...arines-murde...

The embassy confirmed that Anikow, an inactive US Marine, is a member of the US mission to the Philippines and a husband of an embassy staff member.

"We appreciate the close cooperation of the Philippine authorities in a careful and speedy investigation and prosecution of this crime, so that the perpetrators may be brought to justice," said Tina Malone, press and information officer of the US embassy in Manila.

http://philnews.com/...news_1128ag.htm

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted
The embassy confirmed that Anikow, an inactive US Marine, is a member of the US mission

Anyone know what that means?

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
The embassy confirmed that Anikow,

an inactive US Marine, is a member of the US mission

Anyone know what that means?

inactive=former ? as we know the "press" here doesnt seem to have a proper command of english or a proof-reader

hint= what did the Pittman apartments house?what agency or staff?

here is another article.

"The embassy condemns the attack that led to the death of a member of the U.S. mission to the Philippines on November 24 in Makati. The victim was the beloved spouse of a U.S. Embassy staff member and a father of three," the embassy said.

what is embassy mission? from FBI, Liaison officer,VOA to anything that the government needs

since his wife worked here

which I have observed is just for a VERY FEW couples have that privileged

maybe it was his "gift" for outstanding service elsewhere.

I I watched the CCTV tape, his actions is what I would do to, is leave (run) the scene to avoid "conflict"

I know(not this man but others) that they could have stood & defended himself,since this is the RP he did what he thought was best &to avoid"trouble".

His mission status is what he was "trying" to protect (by avoiding further interaction)

Off note,

had he defended himself and in the course 1 of the attackers was killed.

THE PRESS would have a pissing frenzy on how bad this man was,

(I go back to the SMITH case)

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
inactive=former ?

Are you sure? I thought a marine was always a marine and thus able to be called up (like drafted) in the event of crisis. That makes him inactive and not former.

Jake
Posted
Posted
inactive=former ?

Are you sure? I thought a marine was always a marine and thus able to be called up (like drafted) in the event of crisis. That makes him inactive and not former.

It's a bit confusing sometimes about US military status. I suspect he was a reserve US Marine officer and

was activated for a period of time. Once his tour of duty is completed, he becomes inactive reserve again.

post-686-0-91743900-1354160732_thumb.jpg

• Like 2