Am I Rationalising Or What !

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

It works fine in the Philippines. Nobody gives us a second look or a negative comment after 5 years of being together. But if we ever move to the West we would be looked at with sneers and frowns everywhere we went. I know this just from trips to Hong Kong and conversations with friends and relatives in the west.

The west is still prejudiced and racist. If you can deal with that then you can have a great relationship with a younger filipina bride.

We've been to Hong Kong and Singapore; no problems there. I've got 2 of my girl's relatives in Georgia with NO PROBLEMs like that. Age differences over 25 years; 24/51, 43/69 (young daughter together this pair - YEAH). Of course there is always the stray jerk ... but you can't let 1 in 1000 bother you. They aren't worth giving them that much power over your life that you should NOT even mention them in conversation.

:no:

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 5

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

There have been some great responses here, and once I got past the absolute teeth clenching, sphincter tightening jealousy

I was able to fully appreciate the information, advice and experiences.

In my opening post I may have given the impression that I discount anyone not pretty and in the 20/30 group. Not so.

I look at all those faces I find attractive and interesting, hence my experiences with other age groups,

and people from other countries.

Had the advice here been "Yes, forget it, they're too young." I would concentrate on the older age groups.

( but I would still be looking at all ) In fact as you see the opposite is true and "Go for it" is the advice.

Those age groups are purely arbitrary, and mean little really.

One thing I've changed as a result of advice given in "Kids, who wants 'em ?"

Previously I've ignored anyone with kids.

I don't want anyone I'm serious about leaving me because I can't provide her with a child, even if, at the outset, I have

been honest and she has said she doesn't want children. Women/girls have a tendency to change their minds.

( Has anyone else noticed that ? ) So, in my search I will include those females with one child.

( Am I benevolent or what ? )

By and large I'm looking for any photo and profile that jumps out and bites my bum !

I'll keep looking on the net for fun, for possibilities and because I need to get a life ! ! !

I'll be coming soon, I hope.

Watch out for me !!!!

• Like 3

GregZ
Posted
Posted

In my opening post I may have given the impression that I discount anyone not pretty and in the 20/30 group. Not so. I look at all those faces I find attractive and interesting, hence my experiences with other age groups, and people from other countries. Had the advice here been "Yes, forget it, they're too young." I would concentrate on the older age groups. ( but I would still be looking at all ) In fact as you see the opposite is true and "Go for it" is the advice. Those age groups are purely arbitrary, and mean little really.

When I read your OP I did not get a "discountiing" feeling for any of the groups you made... EXCEPT the one YOU are in being discounted BY selected individuals. :mocking: Really, I took it for just what you meant apparently; probably because your view seems to be much like mine. (btw - that makes it the correct view) :36_6_3[1]:

YES, keep looking at all because you never know what gem you will find in an unusual location/circumstance. :tiphat:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I don't want anyone I'm serious about leaving me because I can't provide her with a child, even if, at the outset, I have been honest and she has said she doesn't want children. Women/girls have a tendency to change their minds. ( Has anyone else noticed that ? ) So, in my search I will include those females with one child. ( Am I benevolent or what ? )

Well. SOME change their minds,

some are very goal orriented even if it's much less common in the Philippines,

but the group, which I believe suit you best, is common (=Want/have child/children, a steady relation. And the good ones DON'T try to get rich, BUT want economy enough to live safe, give children an OK education (=Phili univercity/college which don't cost so much) and can help (closest) family some, so they can live OK too.)

Some big urban parts is similar to us, but in the Philippines traditional living parts (=most) it's as it was in Protestant "kano countries" 60 years ago (=It's a shame to be a single mother, without being widow.) So they value down themselves. That plus they have the child too they want a save economic life for, make single mums not a benevolent but wice choise :) specialy if the man can't get biological children, because most - not selfish - women want at least one child. (Except them very unselfish, who prefer to help all the children without parents taking care of them.)

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
brock
Posted
Posted

black hair and a trimmed front lawn

I like that... :hystery:

• Like 5