Am I Rationalising Or What !

GregZ
Posted
Posted

WoW.  AWEsoME!  Thanks for sharing. :tiphat: :thumbsup:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
This may have to do with young girls having to work to support the rest of her family, because quite frequently the boys go off to college, and the girls go off to work to pay for it?????
I suppose that's most common, but it isn't general. In a Bohol family I know a bit, it's the girls, who have got the higher educations, but NOT the boys. (The girls are 2nd and 4th of 4, if I remember corect. The 2nd got higher exam, but the 4th had to interupt her education and go to work abroad, when their father had to stop working, because of a stroke.) 
She proposed to me!!! She begged me not to leave and said she would go out to work and make the money so that we could live together????   Look, whether they are in their 20's, 30's, 40's or 50's, if it is right, it is right.   Did we get along perfectly all the time? NO, but then I had a lot of growing up to do, to catch up to her!   Am I glad I married here? HELL YES!!!!   I am now 57 years old, Ellie is 25 years old, and we have a beautiful daughter who is 2 years and 6 months.
57 and 25. Asians in average are better than westerners in knowing which years can suit good to each other. Yours are one of the best. You see, to have got a gold nugget. Congratulations!  :)  
I agree "think with both heads" as they are equally as important, at least that is the case in our partnership.
I recomend let the big head decide who are possible, force the small head to be quiet during that part   :mocking:   Then can the small head be allowed to have more power in the final decision.
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

After reading this series of posts again, I want to go and steal some Navy Officer's dress whites, rush to my Special Someone's side as she slaves away at her, er, school, pick her up in my arms and carry her away while the kids all laugh and clap and throw spit-balls at each other - all while that old song by Joe Cocker and whats-her-name (Jennifer Warren) is blaring in the background!  Hey!  Who put the screen credits over my fantasy dream?

Seriously, I always knew we were different than those other forums here - but we also seem to have all the romantic and in-love-with-their-wives members too!  Gawd but I like it here!

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Westernman
Posted
Posted

Yes, I like this forum very much. It carrys an upbeat theme and is very positive. Lots of good advice here too. Still can't understand the age difference thing, but I am trying. Different culture with different beliefs that are so far from what I know, but i like it very much. I am a pretty fit 40 at 6 ft and 180lbs so I will just have to see how things go. Never would have thought 25 was reasonable and under 20 seemed just plain impossible, but I think I will just put those old beliefs aside and just be open to whatever happens in the future. :)

Thanks,

Jason

Jake
Posted
Posted

Yes, I like this forum very much. It carrys an upbeat theme and is very positive. Lots of good advice here too. Still can't understand the age difference thing, but I am trying. Different culture with different beliefs that are so far from what I know, but i like it very much. I am a pretty fit 40 at 6 ft and 180lbs so I will just have to see how things go. Never would have thought 25 was reasonable and under 20 seemed just plain impossible, but I think I will just put those old beliefs aside and just be open to whatever happens in the future. :)

Thanks,

Jason

Hello Jason,

Apologize for the delay in approving your post.  Once you submit a few more, you should see

your post pop up automatically (wait for a few seconds).  Indeed this thread has some wonderful

love stories.  You should also pay attention to some lessons learned the hard way.....he, he.

Welcome sir -- Jake 

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

i had trouble with age thing also i was looking for someone upper thirties and forties but friends wife introduced me to her cousin ana i m in love i m engaged and i just going to jump on and take what i believe will be the best thing in my life.

• Like 1

Westernman
Posted
Posted

Oh yeah, learning from the good AND bad stuff I read here Jake.

Online stuff is interesting, but really raises flags for me. Just hard to weed through them. i know a lot of you did, but it is tough and I have to understand that, just like me, they are weeding through 100s of profiles too. Brutal game this love stuff!

Is it really common to see 65/25 relationships there? The guy is 65 of course!

Take care all,

jason

Westernman
Posted
Posted

No problem with the delay, the only way to weed through newbies and their intentions.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

....By and large the 30 to 40 group don't seem to want me, the reason being, I think,

that in 10 or 15 years time when I'm dribbling and peeing my pants, it may be too

late for them to start looking around again.....

That really does sum it up well, I think.  I got a 24 year old girlfriend and everyone seems shocked that I am so young (49).  So many get 60 year olds - they just expect me to be older (and the gray hair doesn't help ha ha).  The 30-40 year olds did all seem to be looking for guys more their own age.  I had not thought of it the way you expressed it but it makes sense to me.

I gave up on the dating sites and just had a Facebook friend introduce me to one her friends.  If she didn't work out I knew I could find someone after I got here easily (but still of unknown quality).   30MAY was our 1 year anniversary of talking online (I would not have known that).  And I have been living here, with her, for over 4 months now.  I am very happy.

• Like 2