Am I Rationalising Or What !

Jake
Posted
Posted

I reckon age is irrelevant for the most part.

I have dated girls older than me and younger than me in Australia.

In the Phils I have dated girls from 21 to 38. I am 39, and my gf is 38 with 3 kids. I had no intention of getting myself a gf, but like I said age is irrelevant - whether she is old or young. It's about the person and whether you get along with them. 

I don't know about when I turn 60, but for me right now as I am pushing 40 I still feel like I am 18 (aside from the aches and pains in my body!) so to hang out with someone who is 20 years younger than me means nothing.

I have zero interest in getting married again, my stomach hurts just thinking about it. And I had no intention of getting a gf either, but when you meet someone you click with just have a go no matter what their age.

Mark 

Well, that certainly was not a boring response.....he, he.  Keep goin', you're on a roll young man!

Good on ya mate -- Jake

• Like 4

boring
Posted
Posted

Well, that certainly was not a boring response.....he, he.  Keep goin', you're on a roll young man!   Good on ya mate -- Jake

Thanks mate :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
GregZ
Posted
Posted

I've had both the bad and good in dating Pinays so have a couple perspectives. I too joined a couple dating sites and first arrived in PI in 2011 where I met a couple girls. One young woman seemed perfect and we connected big time. She seemed to have the qualities of Filipinas that others speak of but I felt in no rush to seal the deal. I returned to PI 4 months later and we had a great time in Bora. By that time we were officially in a relationship. Yet, despite my love for her, the hairs on the back of my neck still told me not to trust her 100% and to return a few more times till I was sure. My neck hairs were right. She had another American bf and masterfully played us both. In fact she married him but still wanted to meet me afterwards.

Despite my pain and disappointment I wanted to try again. But this time I knew more about the Philippines and Pinays. I had made many Pinay friends (some of whom had warned me about my ex-gf) and they guided me about what I should be looking for. As everyone has said, age is not much of an issue but honesty can be. I knew one particular woman I had become friends with was very close to me and had been deeply hurt when I chose to have a relationship with the ex-gf. Yet she remained my friend and I found her to be the most honest, loyal and hard working woman I have ever known. When I broke up with the gf I was already scheduled to return to PI. I asked Janet if she would meet me and see if there was chemistry between us in the real world, since by this time we'd been chatting online for a year. She agreed but it took some convincing; she did not want to just be the backup plan. Finally we met last year and the difference between the women was extraordinary. Janet loves me with all her heart, as I do her, and my neck hairs are calm and happy. We are now engaged and I have begun the VIsa process to bring her to the US. In 5 years it's my goal to retire in PI. 

I would only slightly disagree with one area of comments that I often read. That is the "think with your big head, not little head." I think it is reasonable to listen to both. Unlike in the West where so many men report that six months after the marriage, sex goes bye bye, many Filipinas correctly feel that physical intimacy is a big expression of love. In that context I think it's perfectly wonderful to fall in love with someone you find hot! 

My fiancé is a somewhat typical shy Pinay. I find it wonderful to see her blossoming as a woman and a part of that is sex. Hearing her use words and express feelings that a year ago would never have left her mouth is funny and quite endearing. I enjoy all aspects of the relationship, including the physical.

To the OP, I wish you well and feel confident that you can find a wonderful Pinay whatever age or situation she is in. Good luck!

:th_thbestpost: :th_thbestpost: :th_thbestpost:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Westernman
Posted
Posted

Wow, great posts here! I have been on a few other forums, some good and some not, but this one has a good core group for sure. I like that you all respect each other a lot and don't insist on profanity all the time to make a point.

So many sucessful stories here, blows my mind. You guys really have no issue telling your stories and letting someone new like me learn a lot about this complicated subject :)

I am 40, divorced and have been researching slowly for about a year now about the phillipines. I have tried the internet sites for a couple months and the results are mixed. I have found a lot of scammers, but some good honest women too. I really appreicate the inputs from you all and I am sure the OP did as well.

The big thng that I have to get used to is that age doesn't matter, just can't wrap my pee-brain around that. I am 40 and the thouth of me with a 25 yr old seems wrong in some ways, but that is becasue I am from the US and the culture here is different. I really like women who are 25-30 becasue to me they are mature enough overall while still having that energy i look for in a realtionship. I am a very young 40, work out all the time, blah, blah, blah, so I am not worried about finding people attracted to me, the issue is finding the right one, just like the OP and all of you did. I am so over empty flings; I need the love and emotion that goes with it and your post really reassured me that they are out there.

Thanks and congrat to you all for having the will and the guts to go after what you wanted. May you enjoy it for decades to come :)

Jay

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I've been looking at the internet dating sites for a while.

I don't take it too seriously, but I have started a few conversations.

Very generally (and I know this isn't fair) I'm going to suggest that

there are 3 groups of females.

(1) The very young. Say 18 to 30

(2) Those who are between 30 and 40

(3) Those between 40 and 50

Now you must remember that I'm 68. Bearing in mind that I like a pretty face as much

as the next man, of course I only talk to those females whom I find attractive.

Although I look at ladies from everywhere, my real interest is with the Philippines.

Those attractive ladies between 40 and 50 mostly live in China. I haven't communicated

with anyone from China, but there are some very lovely looking women well over 40 there.

By and large the 30 to 40 group don't seem to want me, the reason being, I think,

that in 10 or 15 years time when I'm dribbling and peeing my pants, it may be too

late for them to start looking around again.

So, the 18 to 30 group. Of course lots of them are looking for money, but I've had good

and serious conversations with a few. I'm honest with them and they seem accepting of me.

What do you think guys ? Am I kidding myself ?

You could always get 3, 23 year olds and that would even up the numbers if numbers is all your worried about. Yes i agree with you that there are 3 groups of women.  There are great women and not so great women and bad women. Pick one from the first catagory and don,t worry about the numbers.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Have you noticed there are a lot of guys on this forum with happy healthy relationships. Have you noticed there is not so much bikkering and argueing on this forum compared to others. I think these to statements go hand in hand

Yeah... it means we have all been beat into submission by our wives ha ha!  :tiphat:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Wow, great posts here! I have been on a few other forums, some good and some not, but this one has a good core group for sure.
Yes. I did check some others too, before I found this. Almost all are not worth spending any time at. One was rather good, but low activity, so when I had read the old posts too, I skiped it too, so now I'm faitful to only this  :)
The big thng that I have to get used to is that age doesn't matter, just can't wrap my pee-brain around that. I am 40 and the thouth of me with a 25 yr old seems wrong in some ways, but that is becasue I am from the US and the culture here is different.
What??! Haven't you noticed that's a COMMON combination between Americans - and Swedes??  

Around 20 years difference in THAT age is actualy the BEST combination say science. BUT when the woman in such relations reach 40, then she suit best to a 20 year old man   :hystery: So the human race is wrong constructed   :mocking: 

(When I were around 40, most women flirting with me were around 20... But I look younger than I am, so not sure if it follow or contradict the science conclusion  :)   Now I'm 60, but I aim at geting a wife around 30 anyway, because I want to get 2-3 kids. (I aim at becoming 95 or so  :)  

Anyway - Many Filipinas count themselves as old, when they are 30!  :)   

• Like 3